Frustration

( ̄ε(# ̄)☆╰╮Every thing about the game.o( ̄皿 ̄///)
- Made by Feng, title edited by Accelevi

Re: Frustration

Postby BK201 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:57 pm

Arise7 wrote:
Blizzard2795 wrote:Wait, how is abnormal forest 1 hard exactly? I just beat it on my first try, albeit I played it slightly more carefully than I usually do xD

I find forest 1 is amazingly easy regardless of difficulty. It's really the perfect spot to fight titans. Wide open space, making manuvering very easy and your spatial view is undisturbed; so no titans can sneak up on you. And big ass trees everywhere too hook onto, not to mention the titans are all spread out unlike city where they hang around in groups.

I too definitely find the forest map a better environment when it comes to dealing with titans. But the starting spawn for forest 1 often at times leads me to pressing the T button more quickly then any other map. That is to say I'm more likely to kill at least 1 titan per life in old level 2 than I am per life in the forest map. Same even goes for old level 1. I am more likely to get off at least a single kill before dying on that map when compared too forest 1. Of course, old level 1 is way more harder than either of those maps, but you get the point I am trying to make. My death count is probably higher in Forest 1 abnormal than any other abnormal map. Just because whenever I'm killed and I press the reset button, I'm usually caught off guard for another death right afterwards.
BK201

Postby Arise7 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:05 pm

seems as if you are having trouble with the abnormal leaper that spawns directly beneath you, as long as you fall off immediately and use your gas to shift to a side, it shouldn't be able to kill you.

That or just swing around the stem of the tree to the opposite side so he can't get you :P
Arise7

Postby BK201 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:54 pm

Arise7 wrote:seems as if you are having trouble with the abnormal leaper that spawns directly beneath you, as long as you fall off immediately and use your gas to shift to a side, it shouldn't be able to kill you.

That or just swing around the stem of the tree to the opposite side so he can't get you :P

Swinging around the trunk of the tree would easily beat the titan's predicting jumps. Because they can only predict where you are going to be if you continue to stay that course. Since you're using 3DMG to change your course drastically in mid-air, the titan will be way off. If the titan is as large as they come, gas won't necessarily do it. The largest ones are just too quick that most aerial jumps are suicide if you are unlucky enough to get one right beneath you. Jumping speed is relative to titan's size for some weird reason. The larger the titan, the more jumping speed it seems to have. Or that could just be because they are taller, and jumping speed is initially faster when any abnormal titan takes off, they take off and hit you right away because you were almost as high as their head. Laying on the gas and swerving in a direction does work against large and medium sized titans though. Just not the largest titans the game has to offer. Maneuver Gear would be your best chance of survival against the largest titans.

Personally, I don't like using the 3DMG right off the bat to always avoid the titan beneath me because it puts me at a tactical disadvantage with the other titans. That is to say I risk agro'ing the other titans if I loop around the tree to avoid the titan beneath me. I choose the scenario that has less of a chance of agro'ing the other titans near my spawn. And that scenario is immediately jump boosting away from all of the titans into the only section of the forest that doesn't spawn with any titans. Letting me deal with the titan that was beneath me all by itself (if I manage to not get eaten by it that is).

If you look at my second video in response to Blizzard, I'd say stuff like that definitely happens to me occasionally when playing on the Forest abnormal level and I hit the reset button. Honestly, I'm surprised if I'm the only one has these kinds of deaths happen to me. I thought they'd be a more common thing. But I guess not.
BK201

Postby Khally » Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:24 pm

If you use the tree trunk to hook yourself out of there (even in a straight line, it's safe), you'll always head to a section of the map with no titans. So you will not get additional agro :)
Khally

Postby Kewlan » Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:36 pm

Killing a titan, they fall on you so you get stuck, then a crawler comes and bites your butt...
Kewlan

Postby TataBlitz » Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:44 pm

killing the last titan after a long wave, breathing a sigh of relief, spawns right next to you insta death
TataBlitz

Postby CriticalBlinking » Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:37 pm

If we're going on pure cheesiness...

Smaller abnormal pushes larger abnormal so its attack (which would've missed you) is like a homing missile. Similarly small titans pushing large dead ones into you, making you get stuck on it.

Interesting note - apparently the titans are surprisingly light but strong. I quote the SnK wiki "a severed arm is described as weighing almost nothing," which I believe must've been in the manga. Hence...why can't I just push my way out of a titan's armpit if I fell in there, I mean the arm is 'weightless.' So either make players able to push dead titans to some degree, or make it so small titans can't push larger ones. A little consistency would be nice.
CriticalBlinking

Postby Khally » Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:44 am

CriticalBlinking wrote:Interesting note - apparently the titans are surprisingly light but strong. I quote the SnK wiki "a severed arm is described as weighing almost nothing," which I believe must've been in the manga.

Just a small note, it was mentioned in the anime as well.
Khally

Postby Accelevi » Sat Dec 07, 2013 12:42 am

1. When I'm about to equator a Titan almost perfectly, and someone aggros it at the last second.
2. When I'm about to hook to a crawler's nape, and someone aggros it at the last second.
3. When I'm about to get a Petra flyby and someone aggros it at the last second.

Sig courtesy of Zarythe <3

C A D E A U X
Accelevi
« Administrator »

Postby Hilo » Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:58 am

BK201 wrote:I too definitely find the forest map a better environment when it comes to dealing with titans. But the starting spawn for forest 1 often at times leads me to pressing the T button more quickly then any other map. That is to say I'm more likely to kill at least 1 titan per life in old level 2 than I am per life in the forest map. Same even goes for old level 1. I am more likely to get off at least a single kill before dying on that map when compared too forest 1. Of course, old level 1 is way more harder than either of those maps, but you get the point I am trying to make. My death count is probably higher in Forest 1 abnormal than any other abnormal map. Just because whenever I'm killed and I press the reset button, I'm usually caught off guard for another death right afterwards.

1. I love the forest map :D
2. Press ctrl at the start for Forest abnormal. Not "right" after you spawn, maybe a slight pause and then ctrl. If the titan's already jumped, it quickly puts you in a different direction with a small, but quick jerk. You don't aggro any other titans, and you're free to solo the first one. Though if it's a really large titan that spawned, you're~ pretty much doomed.

My biggest frustration used to be Old Level 1. Just...just Old Level 1. I was not used to fighting that many titans in a group at all X)
Though after a lot of anger and several hours of play, my tolerance to the tiny things is a lot better and so is my reel. That and spacial recognition with my reel. Started adding some variety in where and how I close into the nape.
Hilo

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion