Strategies for Spider/Crawler Titans?

( ̄ε(# ̄)☆╰╮Every thing about the game.o( ̄皿 ̄///)
- Made by Feng, title edited by Accelevi

Re: Strategies for Spider/Crawler Titans?

Postby Accelevi » Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:45 pm

Aren't all crawlers jumpers?
Stay just above their head as to not trigger that, and then do as NaN had said.
If there's a group of other Titans, separate them out.

Sig courtesy of Zarythe <3

C A D E A U X
Accelevi
« Administrator »

Postby AttilaThePun » Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:48 am

Hook to something vertical and stop moving. Stay between one head height and two head heights off the ground. Tilt the camera downward, then fire both hooks at the back of the titan's hair. When you get pulled in, slash once and it dies. This works as Levi, who has the shortest blades, and without using the specials. Of course, if you play Mikasa, then all you need is practice with the timing.
AttilaThePun

Postby Accelevi » Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:20 am

Does anyone know where the nape is? Is it inside the hair? I'm not sure where to slash.

C A D E A U X
Accelevi
« Administrator »

Postby Liduso » Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:39 am

Hook onto it and flail sporadically, that is literally the only way I've gotten kills.

It works like 2/8 of the time, but better than most other plans lol, it's like the nape is invisible.
Liduso

Postby Crim » Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:51 am

The nape is juuuust above where the luscious locks start.
These Titans must use a lot of conditioner for us to just cut their necks open through their hair.
Crim

Postby RoundTTemUP! » Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:07 am

i heard they have a second vital spot
Spoiler:
.....opposite their head....inbetween the hind legs :o
;)
RoundTTemUP!

Postby Blizzard2795 » Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:35 am

I can assure you that it's definitely not on the sides of their neck, and at the very bottom of the dip between their back and neck, so you probably shouldn't check there. Honestly, it'd probably just be easier to have a seat and ride them around for a while, since they don't seem to have a weak point.

Edit: On a side note, does anyone else think that at least at some point, Feng originally meant for crawlers to spend at least SOME time standing? Back when Feng teased the shaders and Titan Eren with some pictures, I remember one of them seemed off to me. Namely, this one : http://ww4.sinaimg.cn/large/633bbcb5gw1 ... 0ivq7t.jpg If you look at the titan all the way in the back, it's mouth is open just a crack while standing still, which you never see on any standing titan. Crawlers, however, have their mouths cracked open that same amount, though only on the rare occasion that you manage to see their face while they're standing still. Another thing that makes me think this might be the case, is that if you go to old level 2 on abnormal mode, sometimes the first titan at the end of the hallway will be a crawler, but when it first spawns in, it's standing just like any other titan, then immediately drops on it's arms and legs, albeit there isn't an animation for it.
Blizzard2795

Postby EmilioDx » Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:04 pm

RoundTTemUP! wrote:i heard they have a second vital spot
Spoiler:
.....opposite their head....inbetween the hind legs :o
;)

They aren't the only ones with that weak spot... lol

Btw, Why the eye cut/damage idk how to spell it, doesn't work with them?
EmilioDx

Postby CriticalBlinking » Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:34 pm

EmilioDx wrote:Btw, Why the eye cut/damage idk how to spell it, doesn't work with them?

Probably because Feng didn't code in animation for it yet.

As for the nape, I believe if you can hook the lower back of their head (just where the hair ends) and face towards their rear you can slash their nape a little better, at least for the very large ones. In general I've had far more success killing them while facing their butts than facing their head.
CriticalBlinking

Postby Accelevi » Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:49 am

I don't support blinding for the crawlers. It would take out a good amount of challenge.
The technique NaN mentioned (hooking just above head, and then hooking to nape/slash) should also be tweaked slightly. The hitbox makes it hard, but in the scheme of things, if the hitbox were easier to hit, that would make it ridiculously easy.

C A D E A U X
Accelevi
« Administrator »

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion