New Version Feedback

( ̄ε(# ̄)☆╰╮Every thing about the game.o( ̄皿 ̄///)
- Made by Feng, title edited by Accelevi

Re: New Version Feedback

Postby Fuginotory » Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:56 pm

I was looking for a thread like this, thanks. Here's my feedback.

Old_level 1/Training_0: While the new white texture looks great, it is currently really heavy on the eyes, and has become almost unplayable for me, not only because I can't see the cursor (I barely use it these days), but also because it gives me a major headache 5 minutes in. The only way I can play it currently is if I reduce the graphics to the absolute minimum, at which point everything gets brighter, and the whole level feels like it's glowing. I would prefer if it got re-textured to the old Gray variant, or some other not so bright, and not so singular color that hurts the eyes (my eyes anyway).

Titans: I'm not sure if it's just me, but the titan range feels very broken and unrealistic. I've had too many occasions when the titan grabs me with a low grab while I'm on its shoulder, gets me with an overhead grab while I'm below its nape, somehow smashes me while I'm on a rooftop it can't reach, I had one case where a titan got me with a low grab while I was on a rooftop overhead (I think that was some sort of glitch). I would love it if the titan range/reach would be confined to match their textures. The crawling titan is a bit broken, but I imagine this is already on the improvement list, but my feedback concerns mainly its jump, which seems to trigger as soon as you are over its head, giving you almost no way to get to their back, other then standing on a building. Also, if the crawler would not bounce so much as it moved, that would be nice (I think these things falsify the difficulty and add to the frustration, not the challenge). The titan jump overall feels broken, due to the titan's ability to adjust their trajectory in mid-air, making them way too difficult to avoid (imagine if the body slammers could do that when they body slam, no escape). Titan behaviour overall right now looks really strange, not because they walk into walls and such, but because they literally only turn, and turn, and then turn some more. Not sure what this is caused by, but titans turn when they should attack, and attack when they should turn. Example: I'm hooked to a titan's neck, it keeps turning to try to get at me instead of just slapping or grabbing me. Example: I stand beside a titan, and almost behind it, its logic dictates a Titan-Do attack which goes opposite of my direction. Example: I fly high overhead, titan uses Titan-Do, instead of turning to follow me (since I'm out of reach). Example, I fly toward a runner's neck and he dives, as if to dodge, when he should turn if he noticed me somehow. Titan turning logic is also a bit Terminator style, as they always choose the shortest way to turn toward you, instead of trying to follow your movements. Example: I swing around a titan's head, going from the right to the left, instead of attempting to follow me like most organic minds would, it just waits, and when I'm closer to the left it turns left. The titan turning speed for runners and crawlers needs a bit of a fix, as titans would turn instantly, I mean instantly, and their size should not allow them to do that, this goes double for the crawlers, as being on four legs would slow their turning speed even further. A crawler that I hooked on the neck should not be able to turn instantly, run off to somewhere then return to crush me within 1-2 seconds, I think. Titans should be able to see walls, and not attack me if there is a wall in the way, I also think they shouldn't use Titan-Do or any other form of smash attack if another titan is in the way, the solution for this is more grabs, grabs where titans reach out to catch you and such. I think titans overall could use a bit of a speed reduction, but better moves, right now they feel too fast and coordinated, compared to the ones in the show.

3DMG: The new camera is amazing, and it feels like 3DMG is overall not only faster, but also a bit easier to control (could be that I just got better), flying has never been easier, or more fun, but the ropes clipping trough objects has become way too frequent. There is a thing where 3DMG will backfire to hook an object behind you, instead of going strait, it usually happens in the worst possible case. While titans preform Titan-Do, their body becomes unhookable, and if you try to hook it you'll just get the hand, or something behind it, and likely die. Not sure if this is something to do with my PC/Keyboard, but sometimes the hooks just refuse to shoot, they just lag or whatever, and/or fire with a 1-2 second delay between the hooks, even though I pressed both buttons simultaneously. The opposite is also true, where I press them individually, but one fires with a delay, and I get a simultaneous shot. Touching or grazing any object, or titan, should not kill your momentum instantly, sometimes I try to fly by a titan and I somehow stop beside his head or hand, even though I didn't crash into it, not sure why this happens, but it's horrible.

Sounds: I love hearing the titan's step, but a sound control menu would be nice, one that allows you to either turn it off, or enhance it so you'd hear a titan when it's further away. Currently the only purpose this serves is to give you a nice jump scare, because you only hear a titan when it is literally on top of you. That last one is untrue only for the smallest titans. The ability to turn of sound might help some people reduce lag, because contrary to what some believe, lag is not only caused by the graphics, a bad sound card can ruin your life as good as any graphics card.

Blinding: I think a blinded titan should go back to roaming if you get away from it while it is blind. The same goes for any titan you manage to get away from, to the point where it no longer detects you. A titan that goes back to roaming without being blinded should do a bit less idling, and a bit more roaming, as if it is looking for you, and it should go in your original direction.

Extra: A small suggestion of mine, aside form the titan behaviour improvements above, a testing mode would be nice. Lately it has become a really common thing for people to test the character capabilities, speed, reach, dodge etc... A testing mode would be nice, one that allows you to test all sorts of weird things, or better yet, a character sheet that contains this data. Why? Because for some reason or another, people actually care how fast each character is, how much gas it uses, how quickly its blades break, how far they can dodge, how many heads titan Eren can take off in a single hit, you know, that kind of thing.

I can't think of anything else right now.
Fuginotory

Postby Annie Leonhardt » Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:30 pm

Fuginotory wrote:I was looking for a thread like this, thanks. Here's my feedback.

Old_level 1/Training_0: While the new white texture looks great, it is currently really heavy on the eyes, and has become almost unplayable for me, not only because I can't see the cursor (I barely use it these days), but also because it gives me a major headache 5 minutes in. The only way I can play it currently is if I reduce the graphics to the absolute minimum, at which point everything gets brighter, and the whole level feels like it's glowing. I would prefer if it got re-textured to the old Gray variant, or some other not so bright, and not so singular color that hurts the eyes (my eyes anyway).

Titans: I'm not sure if it's just me, but the titan range feels very broken and unrealistic. I've had too many occasions when the titan grabs me with a low grab while I'm on its shoulder, gets me with an overhead grab while I'm below its nape, somehow smashes me while I'm on a rooftop it can't reach, I had one case where a titan got me with a low grab while I was on a rooftop overhead (I think that was some sort of glitch). I would love it if the titan range/reach would be confined to match their textures. The crawling titan is a bit broken, but I imagine this is already on the improvement list, but my feedback concerns mainly its jump, which seems to trigger as soon as you are over its head, giving you almost no way to get to their back, other then standing on a building. Also, if the crawler would not bounce so much as it moved, that would be nice (I think these things falsify the difficulty and add to the frustration, not the challenge). The titan jump overall feels broken, due to the titan's ability to adjust their trajectory in mid-air, making them way too difficult to avoid (imagine if the body slammers could do that when they body slam, no escape). Titan behaviour overall right now looks really strange, not because they walk into walls and such, but because they literally only turn, and turn, and then turn some more. Not sure what this is caused by, but titans turn when they should attack, and attack when they should turn. Example: I'm hooked to a titan's neck, it keeps turning to try to get at me instead of just slapping or grabbing me. Example: I stand beside a titan, and almost behind it, its logic dictates a Titan-Do attack which goes opposite of my direction. Example: I fly high overhead, titan uses Titan-Do, instead of turning to follow me (since I'm out of reach). Example, I fly toward a runner's neck and he dives, as if to dodge, when he should turn if he noticed me somehow. Titan turning logic is also a bit Terminator style, as they always choose the shortest way to turn toward you, instead of trying to follow your movements. Example: I swing around a titan's head, going from the right to the left, instead of attempting to follow me like most organic minds would, it just waits, and when I'm closer to the left it turns left. The titan turning speed for runners and crawlers needs a bit of a fix, as titans would turn instantly, I mean instantly, and their size should not allow them to do that, this goes double for the crawlers, as being on four legs would slow their turning speed even further. A crawler that I hooked on the neck should not be able to turn instantly, run off to somewhere then return to crush me within 1-2 seconds, I think. Titans should be able to see walls, and not attack me if there is a wall in the way, I also think they shouldn't use Titan-Do or any other form of smash attack if another titan is in the way, the solution for this is more grabs, grabs where titans reach out to catch you and such. I think titans overall could use a bit of a speed reduction, but better moves, right now they feel too fast and coordinated, compared to the ones in the show.

3DMG: The new camera is amazing, and it feels like 3DMG is overall not only faster, but also a bit easier to control (could be that I just got better), flying has never been easier, or more fun, but the ropes clipping trough objects has become way too frequent. There is a thing where 3DMG will backfire to hook an object behind you, instead of going strait, it usually happens in the worst possible case. While titans preform Titan-Do, their body becomes unhookable, and if you try to hook it you'll just get the hand, or something behind it, and likely die. Not sure if this is something to do with my PC/Keyboard, but sometimes the hooks just refuse to shoot, they just lag or whatever, and/or fire with a 1-2 second delay between the hooks, even though I pressed both buttons simultaneously. The opposite is also true, where I press them individually, but one fires with a delay, and I get a simultaneous shot. Touching or grazing any object, or titan, should not kill your momentum instantly, sometimes I try to fly by a titan and I somehow stop beside his head or hand, even though I didn't crash into it, not sure why this happens, but it's horrible.

Sounds: I love hearing the titan's step, but a sound control menu would be nice, one that allows you to either turn it off, or enhance it so you'd hear a titan when it's further away. Currently the only purpose this serves is to give you a nice jump scare, because you only hear a titan when it is literally on top of you. That last one is untrue only for the smallest titans. The ability to turn of sound might help some people reduce lag, because contrary to what some believe, lag is not only caused by the graphics, a bad sound card can ruin your life as good as any graphics card.

Blinding: I think a blinded titan should go back to roaming if you get away from it while it is blind. The same goes for any titan you manage to get away from, to the point where it no longer detects you. A titan that goes back to roaming without being blinded should do a bit less idling, and a bit more roaming, as if it is looking for you, and it should go in your original direction.

Extra: A small suggestion of mine, aside form the titan behaviour improvements above, a testing mode would be nice. Lately it has become a really common thing for people to test the character capabilities, speed, reach, dodge etc... A testing mode would be nice, one that allows you to test all sorts of weird things, or better yet, a character sheet that contains this data. Why? Because for some reason or another, people actually care how fast each character is, how much gas it uses, how quickly its blades break, how far they can dodge, how many heads titan Eren can take off in a single hit, you know, that kind of thing.

I bet everyone thinks like you, the thing I hate the most is that the crawler titan can just kill you if you only touch him. About the suggestion, what we would do in the testing mode? What we will test?
Annie Leonhardt

Postby Eren » Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:52 pm

Fuginotory wrote:I was looking for a thread like this, thanks. Here's my feedback.

You expect me to read that...?
"If you win, you live! If you lose, you die! You can't win if you don't fight!
J A E G E R
multiplayer name: TheForumEren
Eren
♥ Heichou ♥

Postby Annie Leonhardt » Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:00 pm

I wanted to respond with something silly (I was too lazy to read that) but in the final I did it, it took me 5 minutes, but I did it.
Annie Leonhardt

Postby Accelevi » Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:15 pm

I like everything you said, except for the blinding thing.
I'm almost certain it said somewhere they have some extra sense to detect humans.
However, I feel like the Titans are at the right speed. =o

Sig courtesy of Zarythe <3

C A D E A U X
Accelevi
« Administrator »

Postby Fuginotory » Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:30 pm

Testing mode will test character and titan ground speed, character air speed, strikes per blade, titan reach, player reach, that kind of thing. Why bother making it? Because like I said, for some reason people care about that, and it gives other people something to do in their free, annoyed from getting killed and/or eaten time. Other then that it will be pretty pointless, so an alternative would be a character sheet, where all this information is displayed, that way we can just make endless discussions about it. A character list, I think, will help new players pick their character, unless they are like me, and just decide to go with their favourite (Mikasa FTW).

Eren. No, I expect you to learn it by heart, and recite it in 24 hours. Best get started, time waits up for nobody... And I best not catch you biting that thumb of yours!

Accel, I remember that, but I just thought it would give blinding a more tactical application, I won't lose any sleep over it though. I really don't mind the speed either, I'm already used to it, but currently it feels like Hard mode is just trying to overwhelm you with attacks, the titans just do something and hope for the best. Try standing on a roof on Normal and on Hard, the hard titans will keeps spamming Titan-Do, while the normal ones will just wait for you to come down if they can't reach you. Honestly, the normal AI is, in my opinion, a bit better, and more realistic.
Fuginotory

Postby Accelevi » Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:01 pm

Blinding as of now seems somewhat OP'd, as it can completely stop movements more or less, but with a better Titan AI later, it would be okay. Also, in Hard Mode, I've tried it a few times, it just seems they attack faster/react faster, but otherwise, general movement is about right, and attacks don't seem too much faster. I agree that it's better, although a full Realistic Mode later on with as much difficulty (same gravity/more ways to die/super AI/etc) would be amazingly fun, so those who can manage that are really like Levi.

Sig courtesy of Zarythe <3

C A D E A U X
Accelevi
« Administrator »

Postby Senpai » Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:34 am

Accelevi wrote:Blinding as of now seems somewhat OP'd, as it can completely stop movements more or less, but with a better Titan AI later, it would be okay. Also, in Hard Mode, I've tried it a few times, it just seems they attack faster/react faster, but otherwise, general movement is about right, and attacks don't seem too much faster. I agree that it's better, although a full Realistic Mode later on with as much difficulty (same gravity/more ways to die/super AI/etc) would be amazingly fun, so those who can manage that are really like Levi.

Yeah we need a lot better titan ai.

So i can go crazy on suggestions to improve 3DMG :twisted:

We need more deviants also, even with the crawlers, they're not too unpredictable really.
Senpai

Postby Fuginotory » Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:13 pm

Really Accel? I don't know what your criteria for OP is, but blinding is not OP.
Fuginotory

Postby Annie Leonhardt » Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:21 pm

Fuginotory wrote:Really Accel? I don't know what your criteria for OP is, but blinding is not OP.

It gives you another chance in case you failed in going to his nape + you can create strategies with this.
Annie Leonhardt

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion