New Version Feedback

( ̄ε(# ̄)☆╰╮Every thing about the game.o( ̄皿 ̄///)
- Made by Feng, title edited by Accelevi

Re: New Version Feedback

Postby Fuginotory » Sun Nov 24, 2013 12:56 pm

Exactly, some times it feels like I'm not even there, a titan walks right by me as if I'm just part of the terrain, while other times all the titans start swarming my position as if I'm huge and impossible to miss. I suppose both make sense to a point, I mean, even if the titans can sense me, I believe it is possible for them to miss me and walk by, or it is possible for them to wonder what another saw and come see for themselves, and I think these two possibilities would make great additions to the game itself, along with some way to attract attention and make the titan see you. Why? Because all that crawler ignoring hurts my feelings.

EDIT: I said before that titan speed doesn't bother me, but I changed my mind, it bothers me a lot, and the reason is simple, they are faster (in some cases much, much faster) then 3DMG, and they just keep getting faster and faster with every next update. That should not be the case. The only reason 3DMG is a good way to fight titans is because it's faster then they are.
Fuginotory

Postby Accelevi » Sun Nov 24, 2013 5:00 pm

If I remember, Titans have four senses (but I think duller in hearing/touch, and no taste I'd guess), but they also have some extrasensory to search out humans.
They might miss it if they were huge and tromping past, but it seems unlikely, because they'd be searching everything for humans.

3DMG is supposedly slower than horses, but large abnormals/crawlers seem to run plenty fast, and maybe even overtake horses. However, regular Titans shouldn't be able to outpace the 3DMG, but with the current AI, making them slower would be too easy, as it's easy enough to avoid dying, if you know what triggers what attack/know what you're doing.

Sig courtesy of Zarythe <3

C A D E A U X
Accelevi
« Administrator »

Postby Senpai » Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:51 pm

Accelevi wrote:If I remember, Titans have four senses (but I think duller in hearing/touch, and no taste I'd guess), but they also have some extrasensory to search out humans.
They might miss it if they were huge and tromping past, but it seems unlikely, because they'd be searching everything for humans.

3DMG is supposedly slower than horses, but large abnormals/crawlers seem to run plenty fast, and maybe even overtake horses. However, regular Titans shouldn't be able to outpace the 3DMG, but with the current AI, making them slower would be too easy, as it's easy enough to avoid dying, if you know what triggers what attack/know what you're doing.

Well just because it's easy right now doesn't mean they should always be faster than 3DMG.

I think when they get harder, and have more attacks for more situations, then they should be slower.
Senpai

Postby Accelevi » Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:52 pm

Large abs/crawlers are faster though.

C A D E A U X
Accelevi
« Administrator »

Postby Senpai » Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:37 pm

Accelevi wrote:Large abs/crawlers are faster though.

Yeah they should be faster, just like they are now.

I think crawlers are faster than horses? But the dude who saved sasha could turn more better.

So crawlers should definitely be faster than 3DMG, probably horses too.
Senpai

Postby Accelevi » Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:33 pm

The crawler was faster, the dude just outmaneuvered it, as the crawlers can't make sharp turns due to their momentum.
Which brings me to the point of their turning.
Their turning needs to be slowed down to like a skid.

C A D E A U X
Accelevi
« Administrator »

Postby Fuginotory » Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:52 pm

I really don't think Horses are faster then 3DMG, the only reason they are a better option outside the walls is because it's mostly open ground, flat terrain, 3DMG has little to no utility on flat terrain, and this is something that holds true in the game, but between horses and 3DMG, most soldiers would choose 3DMG if the environment allows for it.

Spoiler:
I figure this because the Female Titan was catching up with the horses, and Petra and the others kept asking to switch to 3DMG, and their reasoning was "It will catch up to us otherwise", or "If we don't, she'll catch us", depending on the translation you've seen (or made, if you know Japanese... Which I don't). Not only that, but the soldiers using 3DMG were able to catch up to the whole chase, they had no problem catching up to the Female Titan, and they had no problem moving past her, the only problem they had was actually doing anything against her. I'm guessing that 3DMG can be compared to a really fast car, it only goes fast if you have the guts for it, which explains why the so called "Elite" force could not catch up to the runner that Mikasa eventually killed during the defence of Trost.

I imagine a crawler could be fast enough to keep up to 3DMG, but I doubt it would be able to outrun it, still, I think the current crawler movement speed is good, especially considering that they have no means of attack, other than crushing you. It's not the crawler speed I'm talking about here, it's the runners and normal titans that seem to fast, I mean, sometimes they move out of the way in the blink of an eye, like, I fire the hooks at them, and they just flash step out of the way. Earlier, while I was trying abnormal, I was going at my top speed, and I thought there was no way it could get me, but it shot forward like a bullet, and caught me in under a second, and that was after I had already put some distance between us. Maybe I'm just whining here, but with this speed, and some of the things they do (jump bite in the last second before a hit on the nape; Turn right before an attack connects; Take a dive as if to dodge; Move out of the way in the blink of an eye; Repeat jumps until they bump me high enough to bite me; Use jump bite to get me on their head, even though they have another attack for it; Super coordinated moves like: A grab behind their back without looking, Titan-Do) This is the kind of stuff I'd expect from a Titan shifter, not the lurching monstrous dimwits that eat humans for fun. Don't get me wrong, the speed is fine for now, while the AI isn't that good, my only hope is that they don't just keep getting faster and faster until the entire game becomes Old Level 1 on Abnormal. I have hopes that some day titans will actually turn their head before trying to grab anything behind them, and won't use Titan-Do (which is a move that I think would be more appropriate for abnormal titans, it just seems too coordinated for the normal ones).

Short Version: The constantly increasing titan speed and reach is a very crude way to compensate for the lack of moves.
Fuginotory

Postby Accelevi » Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:01 pm

The crawler speed is decently fine, as if you can maneuver well, you can dodge it, but if not, it'll catch up.
But yes, the Titan speed for regular/abs can be dampened. I want a better AI. s:

C A D E A U X
Accelevi
« Administrator »

Postby Terramort » Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:50 am

The Titan fists ought to behave the same way as when the abnormals jump at you - instead of your proximity triggering a preset attack, the Titans fist instead moves to intercept you at moderate speed. Upon reaching said intercept point, the fist will withdraw to the normal position. The add some coding so the elbow/arms will have realistic motions and give certain ranges to the fists, and we'll have a much better AI. Right now, we tend to stay out of the air due to jumpers and kung-fu attacks, preferring instead to fly by at rib height. With targeted grabs, however, coming from behind will be much smarter, as being *anywhere* in front of a Titan within grasp will be dangerous at all times. Certain deviants can use both arms without cooldown, making them incredibly dangerous. At the same time, however, high levels of skill will be able to go through the attacks, like players avoid jumpers now, but these will be moves that take on-the-fly creativity, not preset attacks.
Terramort

Postby Accelevi » Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:32 am

Dampening the massive jump to a more reasonable (but still high) height would also be nice. Also, a full sphere range of attacks would be great, but with backward grabs and the like more inaccurate, or needing it to look backwards.

C A D E A U X
Accelevi
« Administrator »

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion