New Version Feedback

( ̄ε(# ̄)☆╰╮Every thing about the game.o( ̄皿 ̄///)
- Made by Feng, title edited by Accelevi

Re: New Version Feedback

Postby Fuginotory » Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:20 am

I'd be happiest if instead of Titan-Do, if you go at a titan from the front, it would just use that fancy movement prediction ability they have, and reach out for a grab, so if you, for example, hook its head and try to overjump it, it just raises its hand and grabs you in midair, along with a whole bunch of other reach-outs and grabs that generally replace the smash attacks in most cases, but don't remove them, so that if you blind a titan, it would stop trying to grab you, and start trying to smash you when it stops holding its eyes, as if you got it mad. It could even make some of them walk faster, or just chase you indefinitely no matter who else is around. No, this will not cheapen Marco's ability, since anyone else can only get one titan at a time this way, and they have to actually hit the eyes, while Marco can do it from a distance, and on a larger group. Another feature that would be a great fix for the getting stuck under a deviant, is getting crushed by a falling titan, I think it is common sense to avoid a falling titan, but we don't have to do that, we can just let the giant fall on us and we don't care. My thoughts were, give the big ones the ability to crush any player, small titan/crawler that they fall onto, if it falls on a big titan/crawler it would knock over a the upright ones, and stun the crawlers for a bit. If you kill it near a building, the body could fall toward the wall, and look like its standing upright, and other fancy things like that. One thing about this though, aside from the fact it would need quite some coding, and features like collision with buildings for the titans, and friendly fire, global if I had my way, titans can smash titans, players can kill players (especially titan Eren) there should not be a huge splash area on these falling titans, it should only crush things that are directly under it, not kill you if it falls next to you, or if you are on top of it, like the runners do.

About the jumping, I don't care how high they can jump, it's not really the hight that bothers me, it's the speed and accuracy of the jump itself, there is no way to outrun it, there is no way it will miss unless you change direction in the last second, it follows no physics, they just take off and get you. If it worked like Titan Eren, they have a set max speed, and they can't change their direction in midair, that would be fine, even if some of them can jump to the moon (something that I think would be good for the crawlers). Speaking of crawlers jumping, I really think they should stop and look at their target before they jump. A runner might be able to jump on the fly (not too high though, and not very accurate), but a crawler would have a problem there, I think. Most of all, the hight you need to have should be increased, currently the runners jump ass soon as you are above mouth level and the crawlers jump as soon as you are about two character (give or take, which is about as high as the characters can jump) heights above them.
Fuginotory

Postby Terramort » Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:21 pm

Having it so Jumpers can only leap during certain frames of running animations would help a lot. You'd still have those times when you unluckily fly into it's range right as it steps into a position it can jump from, but it would help a lot with the inability to get near a small jumper without it flying all over the place.

It's charge up speed could use a few second nerf, as well as a stun if a jumper hits a wall before landing, and a small stun just for jumping so high and having to land.
Terramort

Postby Accelevi » Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:42 pm

Crawlers would work best as a surprise thing, where you don't notice it.
Also, just keep the body tangible as now, and put a death-collider on large ones if it falls onto you, stun for smaller ones, etc.
Also, Titans could smash other Titans, but it's rare in canon afaik, and since they all have blunt-force hits, they'd just regenerate everything that might possibly happen to them.

Sig courtesy of Zarythe <3

C A D E A U X
Accelevi
« Administrator »

Postby Terramort » Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:50 pm

Aye. Smaller Titans should not be killed by being crushed by larger ones, but it would be nice if they were all laid out flat (like a belly flopped Deviant) for 2-7 seconds (depending on difficulty) after the smashing Titan evaporates. Then we'll have a bit of breathing by crushing a bunch of little (possibly abnormals) with a large Titan, like in the show. It's kinda strange right now how you can crush a bunch of little Titans, and you can't get to them, but they can phase through the dead Titan's body to surprise attack you.
Terramort

Postby Accelevi » Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:57 pm

The body tangibility should work both ways, but if a dead Titan is on you, evaporating, a Titan could probably smash through it without too much effort, perhaps needing some regeneration break on its hands though.

C A D E A U X
Accelevi
« Administrator »

Postby Senpai » Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:14 am

wait wait.

So you're telling me a dead titan's body falling on a human would crush the human?

That's kinda not fair, you just get a kill then a titan falls on you.

Plus it's also not canon. Hanji said a titan's body gets extremly light after killing it.

second.
exampleofsomeonesurvingatitanfall
A titan was thrown on Jean, he was just knocked out, but still lived. And it was one of the biggest titans.

So yeah it'll just be annoying to have the titan fall over you and end the game, they just lightly falling over you shouldn't equal death deviants have to body slam people at high speeds.
Senpai

Postby Fuginotory » Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:08 pm

I don't know, I think if a huge one crushed a small one, it could destroy the nape. Still, it should at least stun them when a titan falls on them, or when it smashes or punches them.

Senpai, I think you forget how a falling titan smashes houses and other objects. The smaller ones might not kill you, but the big ones can (I think), or in the very least they can injure you to the point where you'd be unable to fight, and with titans all around, you may as well be dead.
Fuginotory

Postby Accelevi » Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:40 pm

If you got trapped, you'd be stuck, considering the massive body of large ones.
And I don't think it would kill another Titan in most cases.

C A D E A U X
Accelevi
« Administrator »

Postby Senpai » Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:15 am

Fuginotory wrote:I don't know, I think if a huge one crushed a small one, it could destroy the nape. Still, it should at least stun them when a titan falls on them, or when it smashes or punches them.

Senpai, I think you forget how a falling titan smashes houses and other objects. The smaller ones might not kill you, but the big ones can (I think), or in the very least they can injure you to the point where you'd be unable to fight, and with titans all around, you may as well be dead.

Well yeah that's when they're still alive. As they are dying they slowly start to crumble away.

I don't know about titans crushing titans.

I would settle for small titans= small stun, big titans= large stun. But death? Not possible.

Either way even if it was possible that would be jsut a annoying way to die. it wouldn't necessarily make it harder IMO.

Just like how nerfing gas tanks to be lower, would just be annoying, and not make it fun-harder.
Senpai

Postby Zeref » Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:44 am

am i the only one that feels that the gameplay has slowed down after the 11262013 update :/
Zeref
Elite Moderator

Formerly: much sweg

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion