Connecting to Public Servers

( ̄ε(# ̄)☆╰╮Every thing about the game.o( ̄皿 ̄///)
- Made by Feng, title edited by Accelevi

Re: Connecting to Public Servers

Postby Foxen » Thu Nov 14, 2013 6:48 am

1jc19 wrote:so if I port-forward my router, I can run a public server?

Yes, I'd say this is a safe assumption.
Foxen

Postby MysteriousPerson » Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:38 pm

someone just posted in the tutorial section that it is possible to use VPN like hamachi to make a pubic server
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=6475
MysteriousPerson

Postby Khally » Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:17 pm

MysteriousPerson wrote:someone just posted in the tutorial section that it is possible to use VPN like hamachi to make a pubic server
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=6475

That's not at all what they said. And you couldn't never, ever, possibly use a VPN to host a public server.

1jc19 wrote:so if I port-forward my router, I can run a public server?

You don't "port-forward your router". You access your router and configure port-forwarding there :) but yes, if you forward the port you will use for the game (default: 265000), you can host a public server. If you don't know how to do it, try: http://portforward.com/
Khally

Postby Accelevi » Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:22 pm

How would VPN ever relate to public servers in the first place?
And how does chatting help? lol

Sig courtesy of Zarythe <3

C A D E A U X
Accelevi
« Administrator »

Postby TataBlitz » Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:56 am

so I have not been able to connect to any public server at all. Ping has to say a number rather than N/A right? I never see any that says a number, and if I do, it's still connection failed :(
TataBlitz

Postby Peanuts » Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:26 pm

Tatakae wrote:so I have not been able to connect to any public server at all. Ping has to say a number rather than N/A right? I never see any that says a number, and if I do, it's still connection failed :(

I think its like 1/100 chance (random number xD) to join a room

Have to find a room with pings on it,
have to see if it's vacant or not,
then joins,
chance to reach lobby
chance to get normal hosts
chance to start
chance to get in
chance to play

All these Chances, how are we supposed to play? xD
Peanuts

Postby Bryne Arnstadt » Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:53 pm

Tatakae wrote:so I have not been able to connect to any public server at all. Ping has to say a number rather than N/A right? I never see any that says a number, and if I do, it's still connection failed :(

Probably the hosts fault and not your own, public servers aren't reliable.
Bryne Arnstadt

Postby Khally » Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:50 pm

I would advise you to connect to the servers listed in the appropriate section of the forum, if you can't join the public ones. I can't myself, so that's what I do.
Khally

Postby Accelevi » Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:23 am

I manage to connect to a lot of servers, and sometimes I can join before the ping shows up (still says "N/A").
Not really sure. I didn't do anything, so I'm not sure.

Sig courtesy of Zarythe <3

C A D E A U X
Accelevi
« Administrator »

Postby EmilioDx » Sat Nov 23, 2013 6:00 pm

Azerad wrote:The reason that most public servers don't work is that anybody can host and attempt to join them. The problem with this is that people who have no idea how PortForwading works will try to make a server but not open any ports, so when random people try joining they have no real way of connecting to the server. Public Server do in fact work! They are laggy when you have a large amount of people and the obvious ping issue but other than that they are fine. There just needs to be a way to filter out servers that have portforwarding and not.

Wrong, i've played with lots of people that doesn't even know what that is and i still can connect with them.
Also i have hosted a couple of games and succed with it, i haven't used the postforwading thing because idk how to use that sh**

The game checks if you are able to host or join a game when it has already loaded. That is the thing that says if you are able to host or join, people should pay attention to it ._.
EmilioDx

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion