Connecting to Public Servers

( ̄ε(# ̄)☆╰╮Every thing about the game.o( ̄皿 ̄///)
- Made by Feng, title edited by Accelevi

Re: Connecting to Public Servers

Postby Azerad » Sun Dec 01, 2013 3:30 pm

Public servers are still "messed up" since I still think only working servers should be shown on the server list instead of all the servers, which yes I understand that would be annoying to code and all but it is something needed for private servers to work. But if you really do want to just join a random server you have better chances looking on the server thread when something goes online.
Azerad

Postby Khally » Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:22 pm

Azerad wrote:Public servers are still "messed up" since I still think only working servers should be shown on the server list instead of all the servers, which yes I understand that would be annoying to code and all but it is something needed for private servers to work. But if you really do want to just join a random server you have better chances looking on the server thread when something goes online.

I don't know if there's a way to code the game so that you don't need port forwarding to host. Anyway, as it is, there is no way I'll connect to a random public server. I will look at our Server sub-forum and join those, for now.
Khally

Postby Azerad » Sun Dec 01, 2013 5:33 pm

Khally wrote:I don't know if there's a way to code the game so that you don't need port forwarding to host. Anyway, as it is, there is no way I'll connect to a random public server. I will look at our Server sub-forum and join those, for now.

Well thats not what I meant but there is technically way to make it so that nobody has to portforward to host. Feng would have to put up an actual master server that everyone can host and connect to but that is kinda asking a lot for a game like this. What I meant was that there should be something like an error message if you try to host but your port is not open which is not impossible to code but quite hard. But I am not a genius when it comes to server hosting and coding so I could be wrong with both of these statements I made.
Azerad

Postby Accelevi » Sun Dec 01, 2013 7:28 pm

Master servers are what the "public servers" are. Of course you can't connect to every server. That's completely unreasonable.
Ports are 1-65535 iirc.
Look up tuts for it.

Just because you join a lobby doesn't mean you're in, or even that the server is good. It can still DC when the host starts.

Sig courtesy of Zarythe <3

C A D E A U X
Accelevi
« Administrator »

Postby Khally » Sun Dec 01, 2013 7:42 pm

A "Master Server" is nothing more than a place where all public servers are listed. Nothing more. It doesn't actually "host" anything, it just lists the ones people create, that's what it's meant to do.
Khally

Postby Khally » Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:17 am

I found out some more info. It's nothing definitive though.

When I try to open a server without specifying the port, it tries to use UDP port 2856. Every time.
However, after forwarding that port, it still doesn't work. So yea, just throwing it out there.

Sorry for double posting, but if I just edit, no one will know I posted
Khally

Postby TataBlitz » Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:27 am

its been over 24 hours you're fine. Anyways maybe thats why public servers are so unreliable, it's pretty much a coinflip actually worse than that for when the host press start >,<
TataBlitz

Postby Solid Mike » Wed Dec 04, 2013 5:33 am

My server connects 100% of the time...
Solid Mike

Postby Khally » Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:32 pm

Solid Mike wrote:My server connects 100% of the time...

If your server connects and you haven't forwarded any ports, you probably have a major vulnerability in your network.
Khally

Postby Accelevi » Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:04 pm

Well damn, but I manage to connect to most servers.
And so the so-called "265000" is 2856 then?

Sig courtesy of Zarythe <3

C A D E A U X
Accelevi
« Administrator »

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion