AoT 3DS gameplay

( ̄ε(# ̄)☆╰╮Every thing about the game.o( ̄皿 ̄///)
- Made by Feng, title edited by Accelevi

Re: AoT 3DS gameplay

Postby Khally » Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:17 am

Arise7 wrote:Well i guess one thing that AOT 3DS has on AOTTG is that titans have alot of different faces...but thats about it xD.

And even that is easily fixed :P
Khally

Postby LordPudding » Sun Dec 29, 2013 12:49 pm

shaun45451 wrote:
LordPudding wrote:If Eren Titan could turn into a super saiyan

He asked if the game could get worse, not infinitely better.

On a side note, I kind of like the 3DS game. The spiderman hook-onto-nothing system really isn't as bad people say it is. It actually fits the 3DS, and I honestly can't see how an aimed, individual hook system could work on any console other than a PC. I like the idea of creating a character and World Mode, but the constant grinding to get more soldiers seems tedious and unnecessary. The Leveling system works just fine with World Mode, and the wacky swords and costumes are just typical stuff in Japanese games. Not much to say about the story mode, it was just weak. 6.5/10 game. I'd like to see what they do with the sequel.

That was pretty much my opinion, hahahah.
I didn't mind the weaopns, wacky swords and the special clothes. They're optional and the soldiers you hire don't use them, so it's okay for me.
The titans animations are kinda stiff (probs cause they lack many bones that could have been used to make better animations) and the story mode was kinda lame too.
But I'd give it a 7/10 instead.
LordPudding

Postby chrisall76 » Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:37 am

Z.E.D wrote:That video was hilarious X) But sasha and Levi DLC? GTFO I've got a feeling they copied feng with SAsha's ability XD
THe costumes loos fun and Levi vs FT looked awesome and ressembled the show a lot. the problem is that apparently he's the only char who has that :/

Not a special ability, she just is able to have a fork and knife because....well because she can lol.

I feel the game only fails at a few things, and if they where fixed it could be much better. First is that the titan killing system needs to be changed. Instead of a QTE
You get rid of that and let the player hit when they want just how Feng's lets you. I'm fine with the spider-man type strings as this is a portable game. The storymode also should at least go like the show, switching characters as the story goes instead of each character having separate missions. As I see from the ape titan (which hasn't been encountered and fought in the anime or manga) They are probably going off on there own weird story, adding him to multiplayer, or extending the story past the manga which probably isn't happening. Then again they also do have the armored titan ready so maybe it will go at least into the manga like most anime games (naruto storm series is one I love being able to know the story without having to catch up). I'll also give it a 7/10 for now.
chrisall76

Postby Tyrant Valvatorez » Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:43 am

I'll be honest, I hate killing Titans In this game.
In the anime, you always see the soldiers flying around and cutting the neck In a way that they move through the nape and keep going.

But In this game while you can do that with a little manipulation, but even then you have to work In the timing for when you strike rather than just holding the blades out like In the game, In the end It's mostly just latching onto the weak points and cutting away.
You can argue that the score system tries to deter this but there's no difference between shooting like a rocket Into It and jumping on It and cutting unless you're fighting a boss, and even then It's still just latch on and hit It.
Sure the points are a nice touch but there's no benefit to try and be stylish unless you're aiming for a high score.
Tyrant Valvatorez

Postby Skirazi » Mon Dec 30, 2013 3:01 am

Ultimately, that's just personal taste. Both games revolves around "did you kill it?" as opposed to "how did you kill it?" However! Sure, you can get fly-bys in the 3DS game every time, but that's only because you phase through the Titan's body. That's why they don't show the Titan's body during the QTE.

BUT, if you want a stylish kill, you can certainly try in this game, and it rewards you for doing them too. So I prefer this system of "lots of work = better reward" as opposed to constantly getting fly-by kills while phasing through Titans.
Skirazi

Postby Weapioneer » Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:19 am

FailureofHumanity wrote:The only thing that this game has running is the graphics and a few other things...
http://fenglee.com/game/aog/ in my opinion did a better job in terms of controls and whatnot

Agreed. That game seemed very basic with a crap ton of QTEs thrown in. http://kotaku.com/attack-on-titan-on-th ... 1484687480
In the start, this chap says
[quote=kotaku]"While I enjoyed the Attack on Titan fan game, it tended to make me feel more like a child learning to walk than a titan-killing badass. The Last Wings of Mankind, however, seems built around the idea of making you feel as badass as possible at all times."[/quote]
I feel the exact opposite. The last wings of mankind probably makes him feel badass because it seems to hold your hand, while with AOTTG you find yourself regularly smacking into various objects, getting killed, sent flying across the map, etc. rather than 'a child learning to walk'.
Though, just imagine, the graphics of LWoM with the gameplay of AoTTg combined. That would be just awesome.
Weapioneer

Postby Skirazi » Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:05 am

kotaku wrote:"While I enjoyed the Attack on Titan fan game, it tended to make me feel more like a child learning to walk than a titan-killing badass. The Last Wings of Mankind, however, seems built around the idea of making you feel as badass as possible at all times."

I actually think what Kotaku said is true. However, it's worded differently to the truth: in AoTTG, you ARE a badass, but you're not meant to feel like one until you can start swishing past Titan napes without any problems. The 3DS game just tries its best to make you feel like an all powerful Titan slayer so that it can grab your attention quickly and for short bursts, just as a handheld game should. That's the big difference between the two games.
Skirazi

Postby Weapioneer » Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:09 pm

Skirazi wrote:
kotaku wrote:"While I enjoyed the Attack on Titan fan game, it tended to make me feel more like a child learning to walk than a titan-killing badass. The Last Wings of Mankind, however, seems built around the idea of making you feel as badass as possible at all times."

I actually think what Kotaku said is true. However, it's worded differently to the truth: in AoTTG, you ARE a badass, but you're not meant to feel like one until you can start swishing past Titan napes without any problems. The 3DS game just tries its best to make you feel like an all powerful Titan slayer so that it can grab your attention quickly and for short bursts, just as a handheld game should. That's the big difference between the two games.

What we need is a game studio with their resources headed by feng, to rebuild AOTTG to be much more awesome. Pretty much the only problem i have with aottg is the fact that i can't play multiplayer, which is really depressing.
Weapioneer

Postby Z.E.D » Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:26 pm

He said he'll put the servers back on soon
Z.E.D

Postby Weapioneer » Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:30 pm

Z.E.D wrote:He said he'll put the servers back on soon

No, I am not complaining about the server's DDoS, there have been plenty of those already. My ping is horrible, which is a surprise considering i have 15 Mbps, so if a join a lobby and it starts, i just end up at the menu screen and it doesn't load the game even after 5 min. If it ever does connect, I normally get disconnected after 30s. It is a real shame, but on the bright side i can practice on hard and abnormal mode at my leisure without waiting for servers.
Weapioneer

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion