Blizz's Basement of Brilliance

( ̄ε(# ̄)☆╰╮Every thing about the game.o( ̄皿 ̄///)
- Made by Feng, title edited by Accelevi

Blizz's Basement of Brilliance

Postby Blizzard2795 » Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:12 am

Since people apparently want me to make a thread dedicated to my experiments, I went ahead and did it. First, an introduction. My apologies if the title sounds conceited, but you can blame it on the fact that after spending like a half hour looking through a thesaurus, and slowly lowering my standards more and more, I couldn't find a single synonym for something like information, data, etc., that starts with the letter "B", and I wanted it to be the dumbest alliteration I could possibly make, so I eventually had to settle with Brilliance xD Feel free to discuss anything related to these facts here, and if you're curious about how I came to these results for certain things, ask away, and I'll explain it in more detail. Be sure to check out the AOTTG Facts thread as well, as there are plenty of things there that I don't cover here. I only really test things that can have precise results, otherwise it's extremely unsatisfying. Without further ado, here's the information:
Note: Distance is measured in feet. The scale of the game is a bit odd, and feet don't fit everything perfectly, but they come pretty close to most things.

Character Supplies
Gas Consumption
I'll start off by saying that the gas meter currently has twenty nine increments. The first and last increments contain an extremely small amount of gas, and the twenty seven increments between them all contain an equal amount of gas. Of course, these aren't really an important factor in how much gas you have, but it's extremely useful for determining exactly how much gas you use overall. For the sake of simplicity, I'm going to assign tiers to each character. Jean's tier one, Mikasa, Marco, Armin, Sasha, Petra, and Levi are tier 2, and Eren's tier 3. So that this isn't that hard for everyone to understand, I'll be using tier 2 as a base for characters, and both hooks alone as a base for methods. Using a tier 2 character, and constantly using both hooks alone, no gas, you consume gas at a rate of approximately eight seconds per increment, with an overall time of approximately three minutes and thirty two seconds. Using both hooks WITH gas consumes gas approximately 1.3̅ as fast. Using only ONE hook and NO gas consumes gas approximately half as fast. Using ONE hook WITH gas consumes gas approximately 0.75 times as fast. Using ONLY gas consumes gas approximately 0.4(Repeating) times as fast. Tier one consumes gas half as fast. Tier three uses up gas approximately 1.1 times as fast. For a visual representation of this, here's a chart.

Chart
2H 2H+G 1H 1H+G G

Tier One: 16s/i 12s/i 32s/i 18s/i 36s/i
Overall time: 424s 334s 848s 501s 988s

Tier Two: 8s/i 6s/i 16s/i 9s/i 18s/i
Overall time: 212s 167s 424s 251s 494s

Tier Three: 7s/i 5s/i 15s/i 8s/i 16s/i
Overall time: 193s 152s 385s 228s 449s
Blades
At the moment, a single set of blades for every character has a durability of fifty hits, except for Levi, who has a durability of one hundred hits. However, this is only while on the ground. While in the air, characters almost always hit two times per slash, bringing it down to about twenty five slashes per blade for most characters, and fifty slashes per blade for Levi. Interestingly enough though, there's about a thirty three percent chance of only hitting once while in the air if the character is moving at a sufficient speed, raising the average amount of slashes per blade just a bit more. In normal gameplay, outside of these tests, most characters probably have about thirty slashes per blade, or one hundred and fifty slashes per set, and Levi probably has about sixty slashes per blade, or about three hundred slashes per set. This of course ignoring character specials, as the amount of times they can hit vary far too much to take them into account.
Movement Speed
Player Speed
Ground speed, on the characters' side, isn't all that interesting, as this time around there's only two tiers. Eren, Mikasa, Levi, Marco, and Jean all belong to tier one, while Armin, Sasha, and Petra belong to tier two. Tier one runs at a speed of approximately 9.7 feet per second, and tier two runs approximately 0.8 times as fast. A single dodge with tier one goes approximately 18.3 feet, and tier two goes approximately 14.75 feet. For both tiers, a dodge last approximately 1.3 seconds.
Chart
Running Dodging

Tier One: 9.7f/s 13.6f/s

Tier Two: 7.7f/s 10.8f/s

Sasha while buffed: 10.8f/s 30.9f/s
Titan Eren: 64.5 m/s
Titan Speed
I'll begin by saying that all of this information is based off the smallest sized titan, and that while titan speed varies with titan size, I'm not entirely sure how to go about calculating that, so I'll just be sticking with the small ones for now. Using normal titans on normal mode as the base, they walk at a speed of approximately 2.8 feet per second. Abnormals/aberrants are approximately 4.7 times as fast, and crawlers are approximately 6.6 times as fast. Hard mode titans are approximately 1.5 times as fast, and abnormal mode titans are approximately 1.9 times as fast. I've also written up a formula for the speed of any given titan. D is difficulty, where you would plug in the difficulty modifier for that type of titan, S is the size of the titan, and Y isn't actually a variable, but I haven't gotten around to finding Y yet. It's the speed of a titan per meter. They might be better off sharing one formula for every type, but until I check on whether or not every type has the same difficulty modifier, which I'm not sure of at the moment, they each need their own formula.
Chart
Normal Hard Abnormal Formula

Normal: 2.8f/s 4.2f/s (/) D(Y x S)

Abnormal/Aberrant: 13.24f/s 19.86f/s 25.2f/s D(Y x S)

Crawler: 18.4f/s 27.6f/s 34.96f/s D(Y x S)
Character Acceleration
Assigning tiers once again, three tiers this time. Levi belongs to tier one, Mikasa, Marco, Jean, Sasha, Petra, and Eren belong to tier two, and Armin belongs to tier three. I'll be using tier two as the base for this, but one thing to note before that, is that using two hooks doesn't make you accelerate any faster than one hook horizontally, it just makes you accelerate faster VERTICALLY. Thanks to Khally for providing me with the proper term for this, since I couldn't think of anything beyond "Pull" for some reason. Using just hooks with tier two, characters accelerate at a rate of approximately 47.5 feet/second^2. Using hooks AND gas accelerates approximately 1.1 times as fast, and using just gas accelerates approximately 0.5 times as fast. Tier one accelerates approximately 1.1 times as fast as tier two. Tier three accelerates approximately 0.84 times as fast as tier two.
Chart
H H+G G

Tier One: 52.2 feet/second^2 57.4 feet/second^2 26.3 feet/second^2

Tier Two: 47.5 feet/second^2 52.2 feet/second^2 23.9 feet/second^2

Tier Three: 39.9 feet/second^2 43.9 feet/second^2 20.1 feet/second^2
Map Information
Forest Two Spawn Rates: Pure Estimation *Chart Only*
Normal Hard Abnormal

Normal: 92% 66% 0%

Abnormal/Aberrant: 5% 20% 0%

Jumper: 0.1% 16% 66%

Crawler: 3% 3% 33%
Note: Crawlers can only spawn on the first wave. I'd assume their percentage is evenly distributed to the rest once they can't spawn anymore.
Map Sizes
Old_Level 1 is approximately 480 feet long AND wide, with an overall area of approximately 230400 square feet. The highest point in the map is the wall, at approximately 229 feet, which goes all the way up to the invisible ceiling.The overall volume of the map is approximately 52761600 cubic feet.

Old_Level 2 is approximately 1448 feet long, and approximately 1431 feet wide, with an overall area of approximately 2072088 square feet. The highest point in the map is the wall, which is approximately 287 feet high. The overall volume of the map is approximately 594689256 cubic feet.

The forest is approximately 1324 feet long, and approximately 1305 feet wide, with an overall area of approximately 1727820 square feet. The highest point in the map is the top of the tallest tree, which is approximately 218 feet tall. The overall volume is approximately 376664760 cubic feet.
Misc.
The formula for damage is approximately 10+(7.6V)=d, with velocity being in relation to the nape. Please keep in mind though, the 7.6 may be off by a few decimals. You can also use this in reverse to tell how fast someone was going in relation to the nape for any give kill as long as you have the damage, using (D-10)/7.6=V.
I'll just edit this first post whenever I have more information to add, and I'll make a post notifying everyone about it.
Last edited by Blizzard2795 on Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:52 pm, edited 19 times in total.
Blizzard2795

Re: Blizz's Basement of Brilliance

Postby Levvuny » Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:21 am

Dude... you are a genius... btw, shouldn't you add speed for when hitting w and when not hitting w?
Levvuny

Postby Blizzard2795 » Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:24 am

LeviTheHappyBunny wrote:Dude... you are a genius... btw, shouldn't you add speed for when hitting w and when not hitting w?

Honestly, none of this was all too hard to figure out, just took some time and effort. Also, for the holding w and not holding w, the instant you let go of w, you begin to decelerate.
Blizzard2795

Postby Levvuny » Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:37 am

Okay, I thought so, I just wanted to ask the pro... :3
Levvuny

Postby Khally » Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:37 am

Mind explaining this part?

using two hooks doesn't make you accelerate any faster than one hook, it just has a stronger "pull"

I'm assuming this was a mistake and you mean it doesn't increase your top speed or something like that.
Khally

Postby Blizzard2795 » Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:48 am

Khally wrote:Mind explaining this part?

using two hooks doesn't make you accelerate any faster than one hook, it just has a stronger "pull"

I'm assuming this was a mistake and you mean it doesn't increase your top speed or something like that.

My apologies, it's just a bit hard to explain in just one sentence xD When you use both hooks, you accelerate at the exact same speed as when you use only one hook. I'm still not entirely sure what the right word for this would be, so I'll just give the most simple example I can think of. If you hook on to a wall with one hook, you'll reach it at the exact same time as both hooks, but you'll just kinda get dragged along, and hit the wall BELOW the hook. If you use both hooks, however, you'll get there at the exact same time, but you'll hit the wall ABOVE the hook.
Blizzard2795

Postby Khally » Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:18 am

Blizzard2795 wrote:
Khally wrote:Mind explaining this part?

My apologies, it's just a bit hard to explain in just one sentence xD When you use both hooks, you accelerate at the exact same speed as when you use only one hook. I'm still not entirely sure what the right word for this would be, so I'll just give the most simple example I can think of. If you hook on to a wall with one hook, you'll reach it at the exact same time as both hooks, but you'll just kinda get dragged along, and hit the wall BELOW the hook. If you use both hooks, however, you'll get there at the exact same time, but you'll hit the wall ABOVE the hook.

I am sorry, but that is incorrect. Your acceleration is much faster with two hooks and you will in fact reach the wall faster. I have it recorded, if you're like me to show you.

Edit: I think I understand why you made that false assumption. When I repeated the test, in the scenario you described, I had the same time for both. However, the test isn't done properly if it's conducted the way you explain, hence why the results are faulty.
Khally

Postby Blizzard2795 » Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:26 am

I genuinely have no idea what you could possibly be doing to come to that conclusion. I'm not an idiot, I didn't simply look at it and say "Welp, seems like they go the same, I'll call it the same". I came to that conclusion after testing it many times. When I first came up with those numbers, I checked it by walking one hundred meters away from something, started the timer the instant I pressed q, and ended it the instant I hit the wall. I then walked one hundred meters away again, and did the same thing, but with both hooks. After testing it multiple times, and them having the same times every test, I figured it was safe to say that they had the same acceleration. After testing it multiple times again a moment ago, I can still safely say they have the exact same acceleration.

Edit: After reading your response, I'm sorry to tell you, but it's not a false assumption. You can test it any way you want, you'll always come to this conclusion.
Blizzard2795

Postby Khally » Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:47 am

I don't know why you suddenly got so hostile, but that's your business.

I'd like to correct my previous statement. I ran a few more tests and I've gotten to the conclusion they are, in fact, similar. I'm puzzled as to why one specific test (which was the one I conducted first) always shows double hooks as being faster, though.
Khally

Postby Blizzard2795 » Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:53 am

My apologies. I wasn't trying to be hostile as much as just defend my work, since, as I said, there's absolutely no reason for it to be different no matter how you test it, and I made sure I was completely certain of that before I even made this thread.
Blizzard2795

Next

Return to General Discussion