Blizz's Basement of Brilliance

( ̄ε(# ̄)☆╰╮Every thing about the game.o( ̄皿 ̄///)
- Made by Feng, title edited by Accelevi

Re: Blizz's Basement of Brilliance

Postby Khally » Sun Nov 24, 2013 4:34 am

I guess it's understandable. If someone was to question my work without presenting evidence right away, after I had put such time and effort to compile all that information, I might have reacted the same way :)

Basically, what happens is that we get more upwards acceleration with both hooks, and that was what was triggering the small alarm in my brain. Meaning, overall acceleration with both hooks is in fact bigger, it doesn't translate into horizontal movement. Hence why we'll always hit the wall at the exact same time.
Khally

Postby Blizzard2795 » Sun Nov 24, 2013 4:43 am

Khally wrote:I guess it's understandable. If someone was to question my work without presenting evidence right away, after I had put such time and effort to compile all that information, I might have reacted the same way :)

Basically, what happens is that we get more upwards acceleration with both hooks, and that was what was triggering the small alarm in my brain. Meaning, overall acceleration with both hooks is in fact bigger, it doesn't translate into horizontal movement. Hence why we'll always hit the wall at the exact same time.

Ah, I suppose that's a good term to describe the "Pull" I kept talking about xD
Blizzard2795

Postby darkboy » Sun Nov 24, 2013 4:51 am

Man you guys sound so classy. But do you think there is a way to test hooking into the ground then using gas slide yourself across the ground faster for each person? I would like to know this, but am not good at testing things and you're a pro.
darkboy

Postby JonRimes » Sun Nov 24, 2013 4:59 am

I doubt the information is wrong, but wouldn't an experiment be more accurate if you made them go the same distance/trajectory all the way? Having different endpoints might make some data vary a bit. This would mean aiming a little bit higher for one hook or lower for both hooks. I don't think it would matter if or if they followed the same experiment already, but you never know. (oh hey ninja'd)

Also you're missing to get the height of important checkpoints, how many hooks can you fire, jump height, how much height do you run before jumping off a wall? How much distance do you take when jumping off the wall? At what velocity do you jump off at? How much velocity does reeling in increase? How much does it reel in? Does it use extra gas? What point, distance, velocity and timing do you really need to make maximum damage? What are the biggest and smallest titans sizes approximately? How high is the hole on the wall? How many times does a titan fall off the map? After how much time? At what height above it's head does an aberrant jump? From what interval of time does an abnormal take to recover from being tired? What is the maximum range of a titan attack hitting you? What are the percents of titans appearing on multiplayer forest I? How much time does the blinded process last? How big is the hitbox of the eyes? How much time does Levi's special recovery time last? What's the approximate time you have to make Mikasa's special get interrupted? How much time does Armin take to dance (I don't know if you have tested this actually lol)? How much time do flares last again? What is the exact color code of the flares? How much time does it take to recharge flares? How much time does it take to reload gas/swords? I'm just adding stuff that I can think of that I don't remember reading now. What is the average average size of all titans on oldlevel2? Does height matter when jumping? Who is the tallest? Are the heights similar to the actual heights? How much stun does getting hit take as Titan Eren. How much time does the scream take? What is the maximum size for kicking titans? How high does Eren Titan jump? How much time does the dead titan body last on stage? How much time does it take to finish a jump as Eren Titan? How much time do you lose if you jump instead of running? How many titans can you get on a single kick and punch? Does it lock-on automatically to the last titan who got hit? What's the most effective way to get a lot of titans at once? What's the range of your combo and kick? What's the range of your first and second punch hitting but missing the last punch/killing blow? Are pendulum hook movements any different from normal hook speed in every character? How much do you decelerate while sliding?

Have fun. ;D
JonRimes

Postby Khally » Sun Nov 24, 2013 5:23 am

Blizzard2795 wrote:Ah, I suppose that's a good term to describe the "Pull" I kept talking about xD

Exactly :p

JonRimes wrote:I doubt the information is wrong, but wouldn't an experiment be more accurate if you made them go the same distance/trajectory all the way? Having different endpoints might make some data vary a bit. This would mean aiming a little bit higher for one hook or lower for both hooks. I don't think it would matter if or if they followed the same experiment already, but you never know. (oh hey ninja'd)

You can't vary the spot where you hook yourself to, that would ruin the whole experiment. And we don't need any changes to see that. We've already reached a simple conclusion, the horizontal acceleration is the same with 1 or 2 hooks ;)
Khally

Postby Z.E.D » Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:43 am

Nice work blizz :) Just a question though , have you managed to determine what are the damage coefficients? and how it works?
Z.E.D

Postby Blizzard2795 » Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:49 am

Z.E.D wrote:Nice work blizz :) Just a question though , have you managed to determine what are the damage coefficients? and how it works?

Not yet, and that's probably going to be the most difficult thing to figure out. I'm pretty sure now that I have acceleration, and titan speeds and everything, though, if someone managed to consistently get the same exact amount of points, and recorded it, I think I could probably figure it out.
Blizzard2795

Postby Teitoto » Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:15 am

Congratulation for your forced slavery volunteer work it's awesome ^^
Teitoto

Postby =_= » Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:48 am

*whistles*

That chart of info.... O_O
I'm wondering how much time you put into finding all this out....

I guess the next step is applying this info in-game and getting precise kills? XD
=_=

Postby Accelevi » Sun Nov 24, 2013 4:55 pm

I'm considering changing your rank to Ghost's Slave
Isn't damage 10+speed relative to nape?
Also, the scale of everything seems way off, but if the number were in meters, it seems ridiculous for the scale.

Sig courtesy of Zarythe <3

C A D E A U X
Accelevi
« Administrator »

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion