Blizz's Basement of Brilliance

( ̄ε(# ̄)☆╰╮Every thing about the game.o( ̄皿 ̄///)
- Made by Feng, title edited by Accelevi

Re: Blizz's Basement of Brilliance

Postby James Dorik » Sun Nov 24, 2013 5:36 pm

The problem with calculating damage is that I'm 90% sure that it also matters how close you hit to the center of the nape. The damage differs depending if you hit dead center on where the hitbox is or if you're on the edge of it, even if you're traveling at the same speed each time. I could be completely wrong, but I'm almost sure this is how it works.
James Dorik

Postby Accelevi » Sun Nov 24, 2013 5:50 pm

It's relative to speed compared to nape, so if you even slightly miss, and lose momentum, it'll affect it.
I don't think it matters where you hit.

Sig courtesy of Zarythe <3

C A D E A U X
Accelevi
« Administrator »

Postby JonRimes » Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:11 pm

Yes wrote:
JonRimes wrote:I doubt the information is wrong, but wouldn't an experiment be more accurate if you made them go the same distance/trajectory all the way? Having different endpoints might make some data vary a bit. This would mean aiming a little bit higher for one hook or lower for both hooks. I don't think it would matter if or if they followed the same experiment already, but you never know. (oh hey ninja'd)

You can't vary the spot where you hook yourself to, that would ruin the whole experiment. And we don't need any changes to see that. We've already reached a simple conclusion, the horizontal acceleration is the same with 1 or 2 hooks ;)

Well it varies now because the initial spot is the same spot, but I'm not getting if the end spot is the same. If it isn't the results might be varying, of course the data wouldn't vary a lot if anything, but it isn't exact seeing as they are reaching different places in the same amount of time, doesn't that seem a little odd for an experiment? Hooking to another place so they have the same initial spot and end spot might make it more accurate, but I don't know if it's possible given the different pulls. That is assuming they are different, which is what I was asking, I think, I don't remember.
JonRimes

Postby Blizzard2795 » Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:16 pm

JonRimes wrote:
Yes wrote:
JonRimes wrote:I doubt the information is wrong, but wouldn't an experiment be more accurate if you made them go the same distance/trajectory all the way? Having different endpoints might make some data vary a bit. This would mean aiming a little bit higher for one hook or lower for both hooks. I don't think it would matter if or if they followed the same experiment already, but you never know. (oh hey ninja'd)

You can't vary the spot where you hook yourself to, that would ruin the whole experiment. And we don't need any changes to see that. We've already reached a simple conclusion, the horizontal acceleration is the same with 1 or 2 hooks ;)

Well it varies now because the initial spot is the same spot, but I'm not getting if the end spot is the same. If it isn't the results might be varying, of course the data wouldn't vary a lot if anything, but it isn't exact seeing as they are reaching different places in the same amount of time, doesn't that seem a little odd for an experiment? Hooking to another place so they have the same initial spot and end spot might make it more accurate, but I don't know if it's possible given the different pulls. That is assuming they are different, which is what I was asking, I think, I don't remember.

Due to the nature of acceleration, all that matters is that all of the experiments travel the same horizontal distance, preferably while traveling in a straight line, since it's a lot easier to measure said distance that way. Regardless of where the starting or end points are, if it has the same horizontal distance, it'll always produce the same results.
Blizzard2795

Postby Khally » Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:15 pm

JonRimes wrote:Well it varies now because the initial spot is the same spot, but I'm not getting if the end spot is the same. If it isn't the results might be varying, of course the data wouldn't vary a lot if anything, but it isn't exact seeing as they are reaching different places in the same amount of time, doesn't that seem a little odd for an experiment? Hooking to another place so they have the same initial spot and end spot might make it more accurate, but I don't know if it's possible given the different pulls. That is assuming they are different, which is what I was asking, I think, I don't remember.

What Blizz said is accurate. The only thing that matters is the horizontal distance traveled. And if you change the hooking points, you are changing the whole acceleration.
Khally

Postby JonRimes » Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:10 am

Khally wrote:
JonRimes wrote:Well it varies now because the initial spot is the same spot, but I'm not getting if the end spot is the same. If it isn't the results might be varying, of course the data wouldn't vary a lot if anything, but it isn't exact seeing as they are reaching different places in the same amount of time, doesn't that seem a little odd for an experiment? Hooking to another place so they have the same initial spot and end spot might make it more accurate, but I don't know if it's possible given the different pulls. That is assuming they are different, which is what I was asking, I think, I don't remember.

What Blizz said is accurate. The only thing that matters is the horizontal distance traveled. And if you change the hooking points, you are changing the whole acceleration.

Well if you change the hookpoints it shouldn't matter, since it is still the same horizontal distance (which is what you guys are saying I'm assuming?). The only change would be on the z-axis for the hookpoints. But I guess in the end it's the same. I was just wondering how it was made and if it varied even a single bit if it was made another way. It would be good to know how you can manage to end up in the same end-point using one hook or two hooks, how much would the height ratio difference be.
JonRimes

Postby ErenKyojin » Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:22 am

Just a suggestion, you should include attack ranges in here for character's and maybe titans. I know characters have different attack ranges because ive tested it myself, Levi has the shortest, I think Jean has the longest, they all have different sword lengths relative to their character size, i dont know how you would test titans attack range though, but I cant imagine it being too hard.
ErenKyojin

Postby Fuginotory » Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:13 am

Very nice, it all looks good, there is only one thing I would like to say though, I believe that assuming the distance meter is in "Meters" is wrong, I believe it measures distance in "Feet". I came to this conclusion when I was trying to measure the titan sizes, I went to training and killed the smallest titan I could find, a 3-4 meter class, then measured the distance between its heel and its fist, then did the same with the top of the head and came up with the number 8, which if we assume is in feet, means that the smallest titans in game are 3 meter class titans. I did the same on the biggest one, and came up with 45 feet, which is 15 meters. I looked around for a while, since not all titan classes spawn at any given game, and found that titan sizes are way more varied then I thought, there are titans of literally all sizes between 3 and 15 meter class. There were some I couldn't find though, I couldn't find a 9 meter class and a 13 meter class titan.

Anyway, the point was, I think you should change the "Meter" to "Feet" when measuring distances in the game.

Edit: I don't see anything about blade durability. Shouldn't you let the kind people of the forum know that when they attack a titan they use up their blades faster because most of the time they connect more then ones? What about dodge? Come on, include them! You know you want to.

ErenKyojin, I've tested character ranges, I can assure you that they are all the same.
Fuginotory

Postby Khally » Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:55 pm

JonRimes wrote:Well if you change the hookpoints it shouldn't matter, since it is still the same horizontal distance (which is what you guys are saying I'm assuming?). The only change would be on the z-axis for the hookpoints. But I guess in the end it's the same. I was just wondering how it was made and if it varied even a single bit if it was made another way. It would be good to know how you can manage to end up in the same end-point using one hook or two hooks, how much would the height ratio difference be.

You're completely missing the point. Let me see if I can put it into different words...

There is absolutely no purpose in changing the hookpoint. We know for a fact that the horizontal acceleration is exactly the same. If you were to try and change the paths so that they travel along the same one, it would give you two obvious results: 1) You wouldn't be able to, since the 2-hook vertical acceleration is superior, it's physically impossible; 2) Even if you could get the paths somehow very similar, 2-hooks would reach the target faster. If you need me to further elaborate on either of these results, I will be happy to.

It would be good to know how you can manage to end up in the same end-point using one hook or two hooks

By launching ourselves into a wall.
Khally

Postby Blizzard2795 » Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:45 pm

Added blade information, changed the format a bit, and also added map heights, since I remembered the Pythagoras theorem exists. Also, Fugi, I'm just using meters as an arbitrary measurement. The scale of this game is WAY too messed up to actually definitely assign feet or meters xD For example, player characters are about 1.7 high, using the counter. If we assume it's counting in meters, this is the average height for a human. If we assume it's counting in feet, they barely come up to your waist. However, titans, as you said, would fit the counter pretty perfectly if it's counting in feet, and would be insanely tall, some as big as the colossal titan, if it's counted in meters. Then, you have the wall in the city, which is a LOT bigger than what the wall is supposed to be, regardless of whether we assume it's counting in meters or feet. Honestly, at the moment, I feel like trying to assign an actual measurement system to the counter is hopeless at the moment, with how the scale currently is xD
Last edited by Blizzard2795 on Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blizzard2795

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion