Blizz's Basement of Brilliance

( ̄ε(# ̄)☆╰╮Every thing about the game.o( ̄皿 ̄///)
- Made by Feng, title edited by Accelevi

Re: Blizz's Basement of Brilliance

Postby merp » Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:16 am

forest is easier to maneuver in but has more titans (and they all aggro you when they spawn unlike city :I) while city is harder to maneuver in and has less titans.
merp

Postby Fuginotory » Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:49 am

Hilo wrote:Though on the other hand, it's a lot easier to deal with titans in city because of so many buildings. As long as you have a decent handle on tight maneuvering and titan management, city is easy. You can easily limit how many titans you have to deal with at once, especially since not all of them are aggroed to you constantly from any range.

You also only have to deal with 32 titans as a whole, while in contrast to complete Forest you have to kill 250 titans. While you do have a set amount of crawlers to deal with in the city, with so many buildings it's easy to cling onto a wall and drop onto its nape.(most annoying part is when you get multiple crawlers together though)

Also, moving from City to Forest is a bad idea. In no time would you face 10+ titans in a group mixed with abnormals at once in city. Even if you did have that much, it's really simple to siphon them out. You'll also lose a lot of your flow and movement abilities in an open space. City, especially on the harder modes, you stay mostly grounded.

Imo, Forest II Hard alone to completion is about as difficult as City Abnormal to completion.

You don't seem aware that this game has SP. In SP both levels have 15 titans and not all of them are aggro-ed to you at any given time (unless you make it so).

Moving from City to Forest (In SP) feels like removing the weights from your arms and legs after wearing them for an year, you feel so liberated there, you can move however you like because, you have a simple way to manoeuvre and all you have to do is learn to aim a bit more accurately. If you honestly believe that if I move from city to forest I'll stay grounded most of the time, I hate to be the one to tell you this, but you are very, very wrong.

Why would I us SP as a comparison, you may ask? Simple, because otherwise you are comparing 2 completely different game modes that have only one thing in common, and that is the fact you need to kill the titans. Even if I play Forest I right after I play City I/II (in MP) I can still kill a bunch of titans on my own without much problem, unless abnormal runners or crawlers swarm me.
Fuginotory

Postby DarioEMeloD » Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:48 pm

I started playing only in the City map, and when I played Forest for the first time it didn't seem difficult to move around at all (except the occasional tree-crash, but that happens to me in City too xD)
I think that the best map for training with the 3DMG is Old_Level3, since there aren't any titans and you can move around as you please.
DarioEMeloD

Postby Hilo » Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:05 pm

Fuginotory wrote:
You don't seem aware that this game has SP. In SP both levels have 15 titans and not all of them are aggro-ed to you at any given time (unless you make it so).

Moving from City to Forest (In SP) feels like removing the weights from your arms and legs after wearing them for an year, you feel so liberated there, you can move however you like because, you have a simple way to manoeuvre and all you have to do is learn to aim a bit more accurately. If you honestly believe that if I move from city to forest I'll stay grounded most of the time, I hate to be the one to tell you this, but you are very, very wrong.

Why would I us SP as a comparison, you may ask? Simple, because otherwise you are comparing 2 completely different game modes that have only one thing in common, and that is the fact you need to kill the titans. Even if I play Forest I right after I play City I/II (in MP) I can still kill a bunch of titans on my own without much problem, unless abnormal runners or crawlers swarm me.

I've only really used SP for the scoreboard. I meant in City you're grounded, not when you move to Forest. The point I was making is that if you intentionally restrict yourself for a long time you won't be working on developing your movement in open spaces. They're two different "play styles". I understand the feeling of liberation going from city to forest because I have played forest extensively and prefer that open space. If you had someone who only played City however, and then they went off to forest, they wouldn't preform as well. It'd take them time for them to adjust and to build up a flow of movement and kills. (i.e. They're movement between trees would be slow, they couldn't kill titans consecutively while staying in the air, they'd have trouble dealing with large groups of titans without the buildings as a buffer.)

Forest I is just a cluster of randomly spawning titans. I was only referring to Forest II. And the game modes aren't completely different. It's not like I'm comparing the City to the CT. In the City you kill 32 titans, in the Forest you kill 250. Only difference in gameplay is that the 32 is a set spawn, and the 250 is distributed in waves. That and the attention you get from the titans is the only thing that's different. Regardless, both modes you're set to kill a defined amount of titans. The game mode isn't that different from one another.

Xedma wrote:
Hilo wrote:Imo, Forest II Hard alone to completion is about as difficult as City Abnormal to completion.

... really? I can clear City Abnormal alone, but not Forest II hard. Like you pointed out, there are only 32 titans in City. Forest has 250!

Same, but that was as close as City Abnormal was going to get difficulty wise. I couldn't very well say it was about as hard as Forest II Normal could I X)?
Hilo

Postby Fuginotory » Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:08 pm

When the forest was first released I cleared it on all three difficulties just to test it out (the SP version), I only needed to restart abnormal a few times because titans kept biting me off the tree branches. You are hardly grounded in the city, you just need to be able to use 3DMG really well to fly there, and when you go to the forest you are actually faster because you don't need to worry about tight squeezes any more. I don't use buildings as a buffer when fighting titans, and quite frankly, even if I did, it's just as easy to divide groups of titans in the forest, you just need to be faster.

I think you just haven't played City long enough to understand what I'm trying to tell you, either that or I'm not explaining very well. Either way, this seems to be getting us nowhere so I think I'll stop here, for the sake of not spamming this thread.
Fuginotory

Postby Hilo » Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:31 pm

Well, the biggest reason to that is we're not on the same page here. I'm trying to talk on a general player level with limited personal reference for the MP modes. You're talking with more of your personal experiences and mostly on SP mode.

If we never get on the same page in the discussion, then we're definitely not going anywhere with this X)
Hilo

Postby Accelevi » Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:30 am

The City and Forest are different, and they will remain so because of the tighter space v.s. open space thing, as well as the buildings v.s. trees thing.
But that is that.

Sig courtesy of Zarythe <3

C A D E A U X
Accelevi
« Administrator »

Postby Xedma » Sun Jan 05, 2014 4:18 am

Hey Blizz, can you test the responsiveness of each character's reel. I am under the impression it's different for some characters. Sasha's feels a lot weaker than most others, and Mikasa's feels stronger than others.
Xedma

Postby Fuginotory » Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:34 am

Hilo wrote:Well, the biggest reason to that is we're not on the same page here. I'm trying to talk on a general player level with limited personal reference for the MP modes. You're talking with more of your personal experiences and mostly on SP mode.

If we never get on the same page in the discussion, then we're definitely not going anywhere with this X)

No, I'm pretty sure it's because you are talking about the difficulty of clearing the level, while I'm talking about maneuvering, just maneuvering, not fighting, not clearing, just moving around, and my point was that after getting used to the city, when you go to the forest it will be easier for you to move around. I don't see why it matters weather you are in SP, or in MP when it comes to moving around (just that, nothing else, not fighting, not wining), and why it matters how many people you have.

Titan killing is essentially the same anywhere, and it's a bit easier in the forest, because of all the trees and open spaces. In the forest you are always able to stop yourself if you feel your attack will go badly, and there is always somewhere to run to, but in the city, many of the times there is nowhere to escape to, so if you mess up you will die.
Fuginotory

Postby Hilo » Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:56 am

Yea I am talking about difficulty, cause I focused on this part,
Fuginotory wrote:That's why I prefer the city, it's much more challenging to train there, you learn to adapt. Honestly, if you learn to navigate the city, the forest will be a piece of cake for you.

I wanted to prove that Forest is more beneficial to train in, and at the same time I wanted to see if you could prove otherwise.
Hilo

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion