Blizz's Basement of Brilliance

( ̄ε(# ̄)☆╰╮Every thing about the game.o( ̄皿 ̄///)
- Made by Feng, title edited by Accelevi

Re: Blizz's Basement of Brilliance

Postby Skirazi » Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:29 am

Sorry to butt in, but your sig is really awesome, Hilo.

P.S. I find Forest to be much easier to kill Titans AND to train 3DMG in. Forest is where I learnt how to use 3DMG properly, because City's just such a mess it's hard to even know what to do/where to aim your hooks/how to use momentum and gas. But I guess different people learn in different ways.
Skirazi

Postby Fuginotory » Sun Jan 05, 2014 2:46 pm

The city is better to learn exactly because it's harder to learn. If you can fly there, you can fly anywhere.
Fuginotory

Postby Xedma » Sun Jan 05, 2014 7:37 pm

I see what you guys mean and you raise fair points, but for the sake of killing titans with 3DMG I think forest works best. When you are harder pressed to kill titans, you learn to improvise more. I credit Forest I (MP map) with helping me reach the level I am at. City helped me learn 3DMG as a starter, but Forest solidified what I learned. Therefore, I personally believe Forest is better than City when it comes to using 3DMG.
Xedma

Postby DarioEMeloD » Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:56 pm

Xedma wrote:I personally believe Forest is better than City when it comes to using 3DMG.
Using, totally. Learning, I still prefer City.
DarioEMeloD

Postby shaun45451 » Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:53 pm

DarioEMeloD wrote:
Xedma wrote:I personally believe Forest is better than City when it comes to using 3DMG.
Using, totally. Learning, I still prefer City.

Since I started before the October 1st(?) update, I had to learn how to 3DMG in the City. When the Forest was released, I tried it and found that it's great for learning how to build up and maintain momentum and now, with the inclusion of reeling, players can learn how to reel in and abruptly change direction between the trees. I kind of wish the Forest was around when I started playing, because it better suits my play style.
Spoiler:
spinning... Lots of spinning
shaun45451

Postby Hilo » Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:55 pm

Skirazi wrote:Sorry to butt in, but your sig is really awesome, Hilo.

All credit goes to Gun, she did an amazing job :)
Hilo

Postby Skirazi » Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:06 pm

Fuginotory wrote:The city is better to learn exactly because it's harder to learn. If you can fly there, you can fly anywhere.

Oh, I see what you mean... I think I agree. The very basics are easier to learn in City rather than Forest, because the trees are slender and for a new person, it's hard to aim at them, let alone be swinging through them. But once you get better at 3DMG, the cramped and unhelpful building heights provide a challenge for the player.

Here's what I think:
Learning basic 3DMG knowlege: City.
Learning more advanced 3DMG: Forest.
And then move back to the City to get even better at using 3DMG, so that when you return to Forest, everything will be a piece of cake.

Feng and Jiang have managed to design the two maps with a lot of differences, and a fair amount of balance between the two: the experiences between them are completely different, and this is visible in the different modes between City I/II and Forest I/II/III.

Think about it:
Forest: Rounded surfaces, open space, lots of visibility, height advantage.
City: Sharp corners, cramped buildings, low visibility due to the building density, buildings are generally low and the height difference between tall and short buildings is too distinct to be useful.

Very different maps with their own perks. The best at 3DMG just know how to adapt to both situations.
Skirazi

Postby Accelevi » Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:14 pm

Is this a debate thread?
Read between the lines.
As far as I know, this was a thread to collect information.

Sig courtesy of Zarythe <3

C A D E A U X
Accelevi
« Administrator »

Postby Hilo » Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:13 am

Accelevi wrote:Is this a debate thread?
Read between the lines.
As far as I know, this was a thread to collect information.

Participating/listening to a debate is a method of learning and exchanging information. It's fine as long as we don't become intentionally derogatory in the discussion. Even if we butt heads, learning other player's opinions and perspectives is beneficial.
Hilo

Postby Accelevi » Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:37 pm

That could go in a separate debate thread.

Sig courtesy of Zarythe <3

C A D E A U X
Accelevi
« Administrator »

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion