Blizz's Basement of Brilliance

( ̄ε(# ̄)☆╰╮Every thing about the game.o( ̄皿 ̄///)
- Made by Feng, title edited by Accelevi

Re: Blizz's Basement of Brilliance

Postby Accelevi » Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:43 pm

They're handmade I think, but just small differences in each one, and the user gets used to it?

Sig courtesy of Zarythe <3

C A D E A U X
Accelevi
« Administrator »

Postby Terramort » Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:22 am

Based on the Annie/Marco incident, I'd hazard a guess at mass-produced 3DMG. The only discernible difference Armin was able to see between the 2 sets of gear was particular scratches and damages to Marco's gear. There's probably a fair amount of room for adjust ability, but I think it's like rock climbing gear - most people near one size wear size X, larger people wear size Y, and particularly small people wear size Z.
Terramort

Postby Accelevi » Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:35 pm

So small differences but not really custom made.
Yeah, the quality from that age might lead to it.

C A D E A U X
Accelevi
« Administrator »

Postby Soul » Sun Mar 09, 2014 1:03 am

Add wrote:So small differences but not really custom made.

No, the straps are the only customizable part of the gear itself. How you use it is more of preference and style. Such as what fingers you use to shoot hooks (Levi uses pinkie and ring finger if I recall)

The blades are all hand made and specially crafted using certain minerals to make them flexible and proper for titan fighting.
Soul

Postby Accelevi » Sun Mar 09, 2014 4:00 pm

Well yes, but since it's all basically hand made, even if it's mass produced, it's not going to be perfect quality, due to how their technology would've been limited, and human error, there will be small differences, even if not intended.

C A D E A U X
Accelevi
« Administrator »

Postby Terramort » Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:02 am

Soul wrote:
Add wrote:So small differences but not really custom made.

No, the straps are the only customizable part of the gear itself. How you use it is more of preference and style. Such as what fingers you use to shoot hooks (Levi uses pinkie and ring finger if I recall)

The blades are all hand made and specially crafted using certain minerals to make them flexible and proper for titan fighting.

Do you have any sources on that? Of all parts, I'd assume the blades, the part designed to be disposable, thrown away after just a few kills, dulled in one attack if done wrong, is the part mass produced.
Terramort

Postby Accelevi » Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:22 pm

As far as I remember, blades were said to be specially made/forged through a tech that makes them extra sharp/strong, but brittle in return.

C A D E A U X
Accelevi
« Administrator »

Postby Terramort » Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:57 am

Add wrote:As far as I remember, blades were said to be specially made/forged through a tech that makes them extra sharp/strong, but brittle in return.

I recall this as well, but I don't remember it being said that they are custom-made. I'm sure the blades have a special forging process, maybe even the final touches are hand done (such as sharpening and creating the break points), but I'd be willing to bet they aren't custom-made.

I'd also be willing to bet that wealthier/more advanced users of 3DMG do, in fact, have custom gear parts - likely handles. I'd like to have a custom made sword handle that fits my hand perfectly and has some awesome art. Maybe paint my hooks so they look like shark torpedoes, that sort of thing.

Huh, I wonder if anyone it the AoT universe has thought to make a small, compact version of the grapple with limited uses and is handheld (i.e. Legend of Zelda grappling hook) that can be used in case of gas emergency/bad 3DMG/need to get out of a tight spot?
Terramort

Postby Accelevi » Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:41 am

Would it have enough energy to pierce rock/etc?

C A D E A U X
Accelevi
« Administrator »

Postby Terramort » Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:18 am

Add wrote:Would it have enough energy to pierce rock/etc?

Valid point, likely not.
Terramort

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion