11/26/13.III

( ̄ε(# ̄)☆╰╮Every thing about the game.o( ̄皿 ̄///)
- Made by Feng, title edited by Accelevi

Re: 11/26/13.III

Postby Khally » Fri Nov 29, 2013 12:30 am

I just went ahead and tested the default configuration for the server.

If I try to open the server with the 265000 port, it doesn't create any new connection. Whereas if I put another port within the valid range, it pops up right away on netstat. Just thought I'd mention.
Khally

Postby Accelevi » Fri Nov 29, 2013 12:33 am

Thanks for the info! ^^

Sig courtesy of Zarythe <3

C A D E A U X
Accelevi
« Administrator »

Postby Zwabbe » Fri Nov 29, 2013 2:36 am

I wouldnt say he changed their AI so that they dont leave the wall so much as he added an invisible wall so they couldnt fall off.
Zwabbe

Postby Levvuny » Fri Nov 29, 2013 2:39 am

It says the titan AI is better? It seems the same to me, and they still walk out on me(There is just a invisible wall so they can not fall out all the way).
Also, blade durability seems to actually go down now.
Levvuny

Postby Z.E.D » Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:51 am

LeviTheHappyBunny wrote:It says the titan AI is better? It seems the same to me, and they still walk out on me(There is just a invisible wall so they can not fall out all the way).
Also, blade durability seems to actually go down now.

Really? I only noticed that Petra's blade goes down very quick because of her multiple hit special: killed 3 titans with the special needed to reload
Z.E.D

Postby Fuginotory » Fri Nov 29, 2013 9:05 am

No the AI has been modified to the point where they turn more often now, and would generally only try to attack you if you are in range of the attack, as opposed to attacking in random directions before. This turning tendency initially lead me to believe that they were faster. Also, this might be just me, but hard mode titans seem to have no CD between actions now, meaning t hat they can do a Titan-Do and turn around as soon as it's over, which makes attacking them very difficult. Abnormal titans on abnormal mode are a little slower, and from what I gather, so are the crawlers in all modes. Initially training was not textured, and was a bright pink, purple colour that murdered the eyes in a matter of seconds. I actually tried playing it for a while when it was in that state and I got a headache in a minute, got colour blind in another minute and stayed that way fro about 10 minutes after I stopped playing (it was kinda cool).

I think this patch is setting up for another big update on titan AI, which would be good, it is time for our titanic buddies to get some new moves, I think. Still no video though... I really like the videos.

EDIT: I couldn't host public servers before, nor could I join them, but that seems fixed now, except sometimes the "Public Server" check button disappears... It's kinda weird.
Fuginotory

Postby Levvuny » Fri Nov 29, 2013 4:29 pm

Fuginotory wrote:No the AI has been modified to the point where they turn more often now, and would generally only try to attack you if you are in range of the attack, as opposed to attacking in random directions before. This turning tendency initially lead me to believe that they were faster. Also, this might be just me, but hard mode titans seem to have no CD between actions now, meaning t hat they can do a Titan-Do and turn around as soon as it's over, which makes attacking them very difficult. Abnormal titans on abnormal mode are a little slower, and from what I gather, so are the crawlers in all modes. Initially training was not textured, and was a bright pink, purple colour that murdered the eyes in a matter of seconds. I actually tried playing it for a while when it was in that state and I got a headache in a minute, got colour blind in another minute and stayed that way fro about 10 minutes after I stopped playing (it was kinda cool).

I think this patch is setting up for another big update on titan AI, which would be good, it is time for our titanic buddies to get some new moves, I think. Still no video though... I really like the videos.

EDIT: I couldn't host public servers before, nor could I join them, but that seems fixed now, except sometimes the "Public Server" check button disappears... It's kinda weird.

Okay, thanks for explaining, I guess I have noticed that a little bit too now that you mention it.

Z.E.D wrote:Really? I only noticed that Petra's blade goes down very quick because of her multiple hit special: killed 3 titans with the special needed to reload

All of the characters I've played have had their blades go down way faster now. Even Levi's seem to go down faster. I could just be wrong.
Levvuny

Postby Blizzard2795 » Fri Nov 29, 2013 4:36 pm

LeviTheHappyBunny wrote:
Fuginotory wrote:No the AI has been modified to the point where they turn more often now, and would generally only try to attack you if you are in range of the attack, as opposed to attacking in random directions before. This turning tendency initially lead me to believe that they were faster. Also, this might be just me, but hard mode titans seem to have no CD between actions now, meaning t hat they can do a Titan-Do and turn around as soon as it's over, which makes attacking them very difficult. Abnormal titans on abnormal mode are a little slower, and from what I gather, so are the crawlers in all modes. Initially training was not textured, and was a bright pink, purple colour that murdered the eyes in a matter of seconds. I actually tried playing it for a while when it was in that state and I got a headache in a minute, got colour blind in another minute and stayed that way fro about 10 minutes after I stopped playing (it was kinda cool).

Okay, thanks for explaining, I guess I have noticed that a little bit too now that you mention it.

Z.E.D wrote:Really? I only noticed that Petra's blade goes down very quick because of her multiple hit special: killed 3 titans with the special needed to reload

All of the characters I've played have had their blades go down way faster now. Even Levi's seem to go down faster. I could just be wrong.

It's just you, they all still have the same durability. There is the possibility that slashes have been hitting more often for some reason, though, since a lot of people have been thinking that they have less durability.
Blizzard2795

Postby merp » Fri Nov 29, 2013 7:07 pm

this update made old_level1 on hard mode almost unplayable for me. there are large groups of titans all over the map, and they spam the kung fu attack with no cd in between attacks. unless you somehow lure a titan away from the group, it's extremely hard to not get killed by all the kung fu attacks
merp

Postby Fuginotory » Fri Nov 29, 2013 7:36 pm

True is true, it was hard to get them before, but now they keep turning, and turning... I actually have nightmares about that. When you manage to adjust to it though.

I've noticed that the blades feel like they brake faster now, so I tried to test it out and what not, I think (not 100% sure) that it's caused by our adjusting to the slight titan AI improvement, we waste our blades away faster by connecting more hits with one attack. I came to this conclusion after a few hours of test playing, being extra careful I was able to kill the titans without wasting my blades, being reckless I broke 3 pairs... and ran out of gas... twice... You'll see that your blades last longer when you get used to the titan improvements.

On a completely unrelated side note that you probably don't care about... I cannot win a single game today...
Fuginotory

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion