Hitboxes, AI, and titan attacks

( ̄ε(# ̄)☆╰╮Every thing about the game.o( ̄皿 ̄///)
- Made by Feng, title edited by Accelevi

Re: Hitboxes, AI, and titan attacks

Postby epictoads » Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:56 am

Zarythe wrote:The most frustrating thing about this game in the current version is the Hitboxes, i cant count how many times i've been eaten, caught or smashed from 5m away of the actual body part. This needs a fix with all types of titans small and big ones. As a fast pace player i also find it annoying when the titans turn like 45 degrees in one second and keep spinning unless you let go, or you kill him. More attacks for the titans other than the karate smash and the normal slash, i want to see titan attacks that work with the enviroment, like a titan sweeping his hand across a buildings roof and you need to jump to avoid it and make it so that if you are on a high building or a tree the titans actually try to reach for you other than just smashing the ground, and make the big ones try to catch you. With the Karate chop, i hate the awful long range in the arms when he swings. Those things become like 2km long for the attack, we need better attacks. Other than that annoying part, The game is Freaking awesome, i play it everyday and enjoy it. Those Crawling titans tho... And if either Adam or Yuki is reading this, you guys are awesome.

Oh yeah, and new maps, ASAP also including a survival type mode for City.

The hitboxes on humans should be overly massive to account for the limited movement of the Titans. A Titan can do a grab attack and grab a human anywhere within arms reach, so if you are within that area it makes sense to get grabbed. So if the hitboxes were made smaller, Titans must be given more movement to make it even. It wouldn't make much difference overall then, Titans are already so much easier to kill than in the Manga/Anime.

And I really want to see a new terrain like open land with horses, or mountains would be cool but we've only seen that once in the Manga. Castle Utgard would probably be the most appropriate new map IMO.
epictoads

Postby Accelevi » Sun Dec 01, 2013 7:19 pm

They shouldn't be overly massive. But they should encompass the whole human.

Sig courtesy of Zarythe <3

C A D E A U X
Accelevi
« Administrator »

Postby Zarythe » Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:14 am

epictoads wrote:
Zarythe wrote:The most frustrating thing about this game in the current version is the Hitboxes, i cant count how many times i've been eaten, caught or smashed from 5m away of the actual body part. This needs a fix with all types of titans small and big ones. As a fast pace player i also find it annoying when the titans turn like 45 degrees in one second and keep spinning unless you let go, or you kill him. More attacks for the titans other than the karate smash and the normal slash, i want to see titan attacks that work with the enviroment, like a titan sweeping his hand across a buildings roof and you need to jump to avoid it and make it so that if you are on a high building or a tree the titans actually try to reach for you other than just smashing the ground, and make the big ones try to catch you. With the Karate chop, i hate the awful long range in the arms when he swings. Those things become like 2km long for the attack, we need better attacks. Other than that annoying part, The game is Freaking awesome, i play it everyday and enjoy it. Those Crawling titans tho... And if either Adam or Yuki is reading this, you guys are awesome.

Oh yeah, and new maps, ASAP also including a survival type mode for City.

The hitboxes on humans should be overly massive to account for the limited movement of the Titans. A Titan can do a grab attack and grab a human anywhere within arms reach, so if you are within that area it makes sense to get grabbed. So if the hitboxes were made smaller, Titans must be given more movement to make it even. It wouldn't make much difference overall then, Titans are already so much easier to kill than in the Manga/Anime.

And I really want to see a new terrain like open land with horses, or mountains would be cool but we've only seen that once in the Manga. Castle Utgard would probably be the most appropriate new map IMO.

Yea, the titans definetly need more moves to be even slightly more difficult. Seriously tho, have you never been BS grabbed or smashed. For example the swipe they make while trying to grab you from the ground. Have you never been grabbed from 5m away from the actual arm? Or when they check their hair and you are way off their heads and you just suddenly teleport to their grip. And is no one going to discuss about all the new attacks that qould be implumented?
Zarythe

Postby Accelevi » Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:21 am

Lol, from what I remember, it's the mesh v.s. graphics thing.

C A D E A U X
Accelevi
« Administrator »

Postby CriticalBlinking » Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:40 am

Grabs should probably not have what I liken to 'grazing.' I understand if the tip of a sword hit me, I should probably take damage, but if the tip of a grab hitbox touched me, I probably shouldn't teleport into the center of the hand.

So instead Feng should just make two hitboxes: a smaller one located centrally in the hand and prominently sticking out of the palm and a larger hitbox that extends to the fingers which causes 'karate-do' insta-death. That would feel a little more real since if my character's body didn't seem to be near the center of the hand for the grab but did get 'grazed' by the fingers the character dies from traumatic force. Or just make it a 'shockwave' effect knocking you away and make the titans super easy.
CriticalBlinking

Postby Accelevi » Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:27 pm

If it grazes you in a grab, it should push you though, which would probably put you in its hand anyways.

C A D E A U X
Accelevi
« Administrator »

Previous

Return to General Discussion