What's an average player in AOTTG?

( ̄ε(# ̄)☆╰╮Every thing about the game.o( ̄皿 ̄///)
- Made by Feng, title edited by Accelevi

What's an average player in AOTTG?

Postby Mika » Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:36 am

A while back there was a thread discussing what it takes to be considered the best at this game, you may think it's the same but here's the difference:

What skills make you enter/leave the "average player" zone? Cuz in order to be the best it is clear that you must be a good damage dealer (700+) besides a fast killer! But by which skills is a player considered normal? :?:
Mika

Re: What's an average player in AOTTG?

Postby CryziesX » Wed Dec 04, 2013 5:05 am

Mika wrote:What skills make you enter/leave the "average player" zone? Cuz in order to be the best it is clear that you must be a good damage dealer (700+) besides a fast killer! But by which skills is a player considered normal? :?:

In my opinion you don't need damage to be a good player....you kill a titan then you kill a titan. Sure it's impressive when you get a high damage but getting a high damage score takes a lot of luck and timing. You kill a titan then you killed a titan it doesn't matter how much damage you got all that matters is that you killed the titan. Look at me,tiny,Vizi,Gun.Kamikaze,RinRi etc. We're all great players but we don't always get high damage I'd say our average is around 50-300 and people look up to us as great players.

On Topic: An average player is a basic player. They don't really know how to execute high speed kills,they miss sometimes,I'd say they're about Mikasa's speed,Don't have great crowd control. Too shorten it an average player is nothing fancy, they're easy to copy and you'll normally see them die. There's more I could say but I'm really tired so I should be sleeping right now but I'll let the others speak out their opinion.
CryziesX

Postby Hilo » Wed Dec 04, 2013 5:26 am

CryziesX wrote:In my opinion you don't need damage to be a good player....you kill a titan then you kill a titan. Sure it's impressive when you get a high damage but getting a high damage score takes a lot of luck and timing. You kill a titan then you killed a titan it doesn't matter how much damage you got all that matters is that you killed the titan. Look at me,tiny,Vizi,Gun.Kamikaze,RinRi etc. We're all great players but we don't always get high damage I'd say our average is around 50-300 and people look up to us as great players.

On Topic: An average player is a basic player. They don't really know how to execute high speed kills,they miss sometimes,I'd say they're about Mikasa's speed,Don't have great crowd control. Too shorten it an average player is nothing fancy, they're easy to copy and you'll normally see them die. There's more I could say but I'm really tired so I should be sleeping right now but I'll let the others speak out their opinion.

High damage isn't based off luck and timing. Luck is a factor, but there is a learning curve to getting higher damages. The more comfortable you get with; moving at fast speeds, placing your hooks, and using the reel with a well-timed strike, the higher your average damage will be. Even getting hits between 800-1000 can be made with intention, and repeated throughout a round.

Though I do agree with you. High damage doesn't define a "good" player. Whether a player wants to go for damage or not is entirely up to him. There's a difference between killing a titan with speed and killing a titan for assurance. The good players that can kill numerous titans, but only hit in the low scoring areas, are usually more reliable for survival. A lot of things can go wrong with the reel, and moving quickly in the air isn't always a good thing in the hard and abnormal levels.
There are pros and cons to each play style, but there's a fairly noticeable skill ceiling regardless. I think an average player is just the in-between the two extremes. It's easier to distinguish the bad players and the good players. The ones who hover on the in-between are the average. They have their amazing moments, and they have their not so amazing moments.
Hilo

Postby Z.E.D » Wed Dec 04, 2013 5:44 am

Good players would be the ones able to kill a lot of titans as fast as possible, the high damage score will come eventually if they practice imo. manged to double kill titans with 300 damage each in mod air . A lot can do better X)
Z.E.D

Postby Zarythe » Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:47 am

I dont know if im that good of and player but usually i clear the City 2 map on Hard mode about in 150secs or higher, i always try to be at the same level as CrysiezX. I consider him the best in the game and i always look up to him. I usually dont deal more than 10-400 damage. A good player in my eyes is a fast one and i also admire that you make it look like you are in the actual anime. I cant explain how but just staying in the air and not touching the ground looks cool.
Zarythe

Postby The Sketcher » Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:20 am

An average experienced player is usually someone who can finish normal mode alone once out of 50 times (without crawler).
A good player is someone who can finish normal mode easily and finish hard mode from time to time.
A great player is someone who can solo hard with ease and finish abnormal from time to time.
The Sketcher

Postby Skirazi » Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:28 am

Those were actually some really good definitions right there, NeckSlicer. Thinking back, I can actually recall being in those specific stages (well, I'm not a "great" player yet). A beginner would be someone who kills titans from time to time, and the best players are those who finish aberrant mode with ease (I'm looking at you, CryziesX).
Skirazi

Postby Annie Leonhardt » Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:16 am

Well, I usually do around 50-500 damage, and when I do my best kills, when I got the best chances, I do around 800-950. So am I a good player or not? XD
Annie Leonhardt

Postby BK201 » Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:38 pm

In my book, you're above the average player if you can manage to do hard mode on either the forest I or old level 2 map. A lot of people I know can't even do single player with 15 titans on normal difficulty. And by a lot, I mean two people.
BK201

Postby Z.E.D » Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:53 pm

NeckSlicer wrote:An average experienced player is usually someone who can finish normal mode alone once out of 50 times (without crawler).
A good player is someone who can finish normal mode easily and finish hard mode from time to time.
A great player is someone who can solo hard with ease and finish abnormal from time to time.

Yeah nice definitions . This should be like achievemnts or ranks X)
Z.E.D

Next

Return to General Discussion