Titan leg hitboxes.

( ̄ε(# ̄)☆╰╮Every thing about the game.o( ̄皿 ̄///)
- Made by Feng, title edited by Accelevi

Titan leg hitboxes.

Postby RancorSnp » Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:45 am

So, since we already know that Feng is implementing them, I would like to ask you guys what do you think about it.

Do you think it will be FT exclusive? Or maybe all titans will now be staggerable by cutting hir legs in the right place?

Personally I think he just used FT to show us that she really has the model done, but all titans will get these new hitboxes, just hope in the same update Titans will get some strenght update too :).
RancorSnp

Re: Titan leg hitboxes.

Postby Skirazi » Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:55 am

Where did it say Feng is implementing them?

And I think it should be given to all titans, if it's a weakness for FT it MUST be a weakness for regular titans.
Skirazi

Postby Colopty » Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:11 am

Regular titans are simple enough that you won't need a bunch of other weak spots other than their nape in a fight. FT, however, is complicated enough for other weak spots to be necessary.
Not to mention that it helps for the general stability of the game to reduce the amount of hitboxes that a sensible player wouldn't even use in the first place.
Spoiler:
ImageImage
Colopty
Forum Luminary

Formerly: Cephalopod god

Postby TataBlitz » Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:25 am

heh i bet hitting the ankles on a 3m if harder than just killing it
TataBlitz

Postby Skirazi » Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:26 am

I feel like regular titans, with updated AI, should be destructive, kill-machine powerhouses of their own, even in Normal mode. That's when we introduce a "Beginner's mode" and an "Easy mode". But don't let Accelevi see this! Hence, they should require co-ordinated teamwork, even of the very basic level of Siss and Ness during the expedition outside the walls, to take down.

This means we need, at the very least, an Achilles heel hitbox and a Finger hitbox. Since this thread is about the former, I'll talk about how it should work:

Currently, the eye hitbox works not by removing sight from the Titans, but by causing them pain, which stuns them. The leg hitbox should be very different: when it is sliced, it causes the Titan to fall down much like how Aberrants currently do their faceplant jumps (except the fall doesn't kill anyone under the titan). The titan does not writhe in pain at all, but instead just lies there for about five seconds while smoke rises from the heel of the titan. Once those five seconds are up, the titan stands up once again and continues on its merry, devouring way.

If both heels are sliced within a second of each other, then the titan stays downed for ten seconds. This means that even a large aberrant could be slain quite easily, just like in the anime between Siss and Ness.

Crawlers shouldn't have leg hitboxes btw, they just crawl right along. However, they should have proper eye hitboxes.
Skirazi

Postby Colopty » Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:19 am

But more hitboxes would probably make the game more laggy, just because you want to hit a titan on his foot instead of the nape.
Spoiler:
ImageImage
Colopty
Forum Luminary

Formerly: Cephalopod god

Postby Skirazi » Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:23 am

Would it? Would it really? Adding eye hitboxes did nothing noticable to performance on my end. I don't know how your computer did but going by this, more hitboxes doesn't necessarily equal more lag. In the end, we can't know for sure, so the leg hitboxes suggestion, for now, is perfectly viable unless it gets shot down by Feng himself or someone who works with Unity a fair amount.
Skirazi

Postby Z.E.D » Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:29 am

RancorSnp wrote:So, since we already know that Feng is implementing them, I would like to ask you guys what do you think about it.

Do you think it will be FT exclusive? Or maybe all titans will now be staggerable by cutting hir legs in the right place?

Personally I think he just used FT to show us that she really has the model done, but all titans will get these new hitboxes, just hope in the same update Titans will get some strenght update too :).

Probably not FT exclusive but won't be useful and very small titans imo .
But with teamwork against a huge aberrant this could be awesome !
Z.E.D

Postby Reapy » Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:37 am

I understand the logic behind this and think it could possibly be a good thing to add if executed correctly. I personally do not enjoy the extra hitbox that was added on the eyes. It actually gets in my way and makes things slower when I accidentally slice there. But this is my opinion as an experienced player. In my observations, the new hitbox allowed newer players to pick up kills in an easier fashion. I think the same thing would go for adding hitboxes on the legs would share the same results. So for a conclusion, I personally would rather there not be more hitboxes but also wouldn't mind if such things were added. I think it would benefit the community and that alone is worth a lot more than my personal beliefs.
Reapy

Postby RancorSnp » Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:29 am

It's like this :
RancorSnp

Next

Return to General Discussion