Titan leg hitboxes.

( ̄ε(# ̄)☆╰╮Every thing about the game.o( ̄皿 ̄///)
- Made by Feng, title edited by Accelevi

Re: Titan leg hitboxes.

Postby qwop » Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:42 am

I don't really see the need of it, i will just go for the nape and kill it within a few seconds. A weakness for crawler is something im more looking forward to, lowering the height of his bite and allowing players to stun his eyes, forcing him to stand on both legs while covering his eyes with both hands ?
qwop

Postby Fuginotory » Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:48 am

Eye hit boxes were not really needed either, it just makes the game more fun, adds variety, adds more possible play styles. Sometimes I go for the eyes first, just for the heck of it, or to feel more like in the Anime. Nobody would bother camping at a normal titan's leg, normal titans die as soon as you cut the neck, camping will be pointless, it will just add more variety to the gameplay. Also, I don't think FT can be compared to normal titans, FT is far more powerful, it makes sense why some people would exploit the camping.
Fuginotory

Postby bellick » Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:33 pm

Skirazi wrote:
Bellick wrote:thrash violently with their arms or launch themselves at you in a bellyslam kind of attack.

Thrashing violently seems rather absurd for a titan or even bellyslaming i would figure that more for a downed aberrant or crawler not a slow normal titan.

Have you even played hard mode? The first attack I referred to (thrashing) already exists in the game and is used all the frickin time.
bellick

Postby Skirazi » Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:07 am

WTH? I never said that?!?!

Either way I agree with the quote, Titans shouldn't be able to thrash around even if they do, but I've kinda lost all context cause I don't know who said it 0__0
Skirazi

Postby FailureofHumanity » Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:05 am

In relation to the earlier suggestion on making titans harder, I think perhaps the arms should have more mobility, or so to say, they should not have a set place where they should grab, but simply reach for a player without breaking the laws of physics. That would prevent this safe spot I once found on MP mode on Forest III where one person stood next to a titan and went afk, ruining the game for us cuz the titan's stomp and grab wouldn't hit T+T
FailureofHumanity

Postby qwop » Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:41 am

Fuginotory wrote:Eye hit boxes were not really needed either.

Not really, it is very useful if one of them grab ur friend and u can't go behind him to reach for the nape, u can at least hit the eyes.
qwop

Postby Skirazi » Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:13 am

Fuginotory wrote:Eye hit boxes were not really needed either, it just makes the game more fun, adds variety, adds more possible play styles. Sometimes I go for the eyes first, just for the heck of it, or to feel more like in the Anime. Nobody would bother camping at a normal titan's leg, normal titans die as soon as you cut the neck, camping will be pointless, it will just add more variety to the gameplay. Also, I don't think FT can be compared to normal titans, FT is far more powerful, it makes sense why some people would exploit the camping.

Fugin speaking the truth far better than I could, as usual. Basically this sums up why leg hitboxes are good and why they won't make the Titans Underpowered: if people use them, great, but right now it's going to be much faster to go for the nape anyway. And later on, when it's too hard to go for the nape directly, we will already have the system in place to down a Titan, so Feng has to do less work.
Skirazi

Postby Fuginotory » Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:38 pm

Not to mention that the sooner it is added, the sooner it can be debugged, so there would be a lot less problems with it later on when we need it more. I think adding them now will not really ruin anybody's game, it will be more like a good investment in the future, since people would be able to test them, Feng would be able to determine how big they should be, so they won't be too easy to hit, but they won't be impossible, honestly, I can't see any real downsides.
Fuginotory

Postby Senpai » Wed Dec 18, 2013 4:49 am

I think titan ai should come first still.

It will ease people into the idea of the leg hitbox, since they think it'll be fair by then.

Or just both at the same time.
Senpai

Postby Fuginotory » Wed Dec 18, 2013 5:55 pm

Both at the same time is best, I think, since there will always be someone who complains that ever since leg hitboxes came, the game became too easy for them (even though they don't actually use these said hitboxes at all).
Fuginotory

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion