Titan leg hitboxes.

( ̄ε(# ̄)☆╰╮Every thing about the game.o( ̄皿 ̄///)
- Made by Feng, title edited by Accelevi

Re: Titan leg hitboxes.

Postby Fuginotory » Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:18 am

I think the only reason Titans kill of so many people is because people are afraid of them, otherwise they are slow and stupid, that's why people like Levi and Mikasa who are not afraid can just literally pick them off without a problem. Plus I only suggested this to be added as a requirement for stopping Running titans, that way an exploit gets fixed, and makes runners a bit harder to fight.
Fuginotory

Postby EmilioDx » Sat Dec 14, 2013 5:44 pm

Fuginotory wrote:I think the only reason Titans kill of so many people is because people are afraid of them, otherwise they are slow and stupid, that's why people like Levi and Mikasa who are not afraid can just literally pick them off without a problem. Plus I only suggested this to be added as a requirement for stopping Running titans, that way an exploit gets fixed, and makes runners a bit harder to fight.

You got a point there. +1

But the titans aren't that slow and stupid Dx, remember how eren lost his leg in the anime? Yeah... that titan wasn't slow at all ._.
EmilioDx

Postby Fuginotory » Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:09 pm

His leg was bitten off by an abnormal jumper... I was referring to your run off the mill normal titan. I think jump bites are already a nightmare for us players, let's try to keep the jump bite discussion to a minimum, I'd like to sleep without that nightmare... Again...
Fuginotory

Postby RancorSnp » Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:57 am

Actaully - NO!
I changed my mind, no leg hitboxes for titans, even with enchahanced AI.

Please Feng... do not... ever... implement them.

Before FT was released :
All the funny guys : No ! no hitboxes! UUU!
I : guys it'd be fun, killing titans will have more variety.

After FT was released :
99/100 players camps at FT legs
I : Nooooo! Take these horrible hitboxes away :(
RancorSnp

Postby Senpai » Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:02 am

RancorSnp wrote:Actaully - NO!
I changed my mind, no leg hitboxes for titans, even with enchahanced AI.

Please Feng... do not... ever... implement them.

Before FT was released :
All the funny guys : No ! no hitboxes! UUU!
I : guys it'd be fun, killing titans will have more variety.

After FT was released :
99/100 players camps at FT legs
I : Nooooo! Take these horrible hitboxes away :(

Make a attack that targets those exact campers.

Shake them off, have them die by footsteps, etc.

It can be done.
Senpai

Postby Skirazi » Sun Dec 15, 2013 12:22 pm

Blades break when they attack her leg, maybe?

On a normal titan, attacking their leg isn't the only way to kill them, so it'd be alright.
Skirazi

Postby bellick » Sun Dec 15, 2013 12:56 pm

I think what keeps people from agreeing to this is the impression that it should make it easier to kill them. I shouldn't and by no reason people should think it would be a must. What I think would fit better into everyone's expectations of the game's difficulty would be to make a different pool of attack sets that only triggers when their legs get hit and they're kneeling. See, instead of making them vulnerable for whatever time interval they're grounded, make them still attack in a different fashion with different types of attack that accommodate them while on the ground. For example, say they're kneeling because you hit the legs, they'll try to accommodate to this situation and thrash violently with their arms or launch themselves at you in a bellyslam kind of attack.
bellick

Postby Fuginotory » Sun Dec 15, 2013 1:26 pm

Bell, that's brilliant, that way at least the belly flop attack would make more sense. Also, a titan that is downed is not completely vulnerable, it just cant walk, it will still be able to attack, so it wouldn't really make that much of a difference, it will just allow for more play styles, and at last these assistance points can be put to use in MP. It will also help train newbies, you down a titan making it easier for them to go for the neck (i think).
Fuginotory

Postby Senpai » Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:36 pm

When normals and FT are kneeled

They should reach for the knee cap. (FT=faster and both arms covering both knees, immediate squish death) (normal= only where you hit, slower, must eat person while kneeled)

Abornmal= flail arms around everywhere freaking out, and smashing it's head down and up.
Senpai

Postby conconjawa » Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:54 pm

RancorSnp wrote:99/100 players camps at FT legs

Wouldn't the ground grab take them out?The fact that people camp the FT legs is the fact that it is the only way to beat her easily. once feng adds it in(he might not) its up to the community I figure 3 ways weak spots may turn out.

1:They camp the leg.

2:They are too scared of being ground grabbed.

3:it wont be camped but will be used.

But i propose that they only way to be certain leg hit boxes will work is a high speed hit to have them fall you cant get a high speed simply riding their legs reducing purpose of camping.

Skirazi wrote:thrash violently with their arms or launch themselves at you in a bellyslam kind of attack.

Thrashing violently seems rather absurd for a titan or even bellyslaming i would figure that more for a downed aberrant or crawler not a slow normal titan.
conconjawa

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion