"[Playername] leave please, I want my friend to join."

( ̄ε(# ̄)☆╰╮Every thing about the game.o( ̄皿 ̄///)
- Made by Feng, title edited by Accelevi

Re: "[Playername] leave please, I want my friend to join."

Postby Khally » Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:15 pm

Hotmagma99 wrote:It would be cool if feng implemented some code that goes kinda like this:

Code: Select all
function runHamachi() {
var shell = new ActiveXObject("WScript.shell");
if (shell)
{ shell.run("Hamachi.exe"); }
else
{ alert("Hamachi is not installed on your system."); }
}

What this basically does is open your hamachi for you or tell you that you need to install it, it's very useful if someone wants to make a private lan server and doesn't know how to.

Honestly, it's easier to port forward than to set up Hamachi properly in a way it'll always work.
Khally

Postby Annie Leonhardt » Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:19 pm

And the port forwarded servers works a lot better than the Hamachi ones.
Annie Leonhardt

Postby Hotmagma99 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:36 pm

But it's much easier to create a hamachi server than to have to portforward, even though portforwarding is better
Hotmagma99

Postby Annie Leonhardt » Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:39 pm

Portforwarded servers are for people who have crappy computers (me)
Annie Leonhardt

Postby Khally » Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:40 pm

Aiden wrote:Portforwarded servers are for people who have crappy computers (me)

I don't follow.
Khally

Postby Kalen » Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:19 am

Khally wrote:
Kalen wrote:And with DMZ Enabled I can generally host to everyone anyway.

I would certainly never, ever do that and more importantly, I would never announce it on the forums.. :?

It's really not as harmful as one would think. If you're going to be hacked by anything, the DMZ is not going to stop it. I mean you really would have to work for it to get an attack with the DMZ off anyway. If something or someone was serious about sending you an attack the DMZ isn't what's going to protect you, your internal and external firewalls are all you really got. And maybe some VPN's or programs that give you false IP's to keep you from being tracked down.

Hotmagma99 wrote:But it's much easier to create a hamachi server than to have to portforward, even though portforwarding is better

It actually takes less time to port forward than to set up Hamachi.. o.O
Kalen

Postby Khally » Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:02 am

Kalen wrote:
Khally wrote:
Kalen wrote:And with DMZ Enabled I can generally host to everyone anyway.

I would certainly never, ever do that and more importantly, I would never announce it on the forums.. :?

It's really not as harmful as one would think. If you're going to be hacked by anything, the DMZ is not going to stop it. I mean you really would have to work for it to get an attack with the DMZ off anyway. If something or someone was serious about sending you an attack the DMZ isn't what's going to protect you, your internal and external firewalls are all you really got. And maybe some VPN's or programs that give you false IP's to keep you from being tracked down.

Well, it IS that harmful. Especially for people who don't understand what they are doing or don't really care about security. I'd say a very large portion of regular users would actually be in great risk with that method. There's so many people out there who don't know how to protect themselves :|

Kalen wrote:
Hotmagma99 wrote:But it's much easier to create a hamachi server than to have to portforward, even though portforwarding is better

It actually takes less time to port forward than to set up Hamachi.. o.O

I know, right? I always say the same.
Khally

Postby Kalen » Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:33 am

Khally wrote:I know, right? I always say the same.

Given the common probability that most users aimlessly browse the internet where ever they please without knowing the risks of certain sites or downloads.. then yes perhaps it can be very harmful. But you still really have to try in order to fall somewhere dark like that online these days. But... then again we are talking about the average person so I guess maybe not.
But I mean there's so much natural security just in browsers now. Let alone the routers/modems and ISP's. And then your own computer software you may use as well. And then the built in protection of newer OS's and hotfix patches. A lot of stuff can keep you fairly secure online, even with open ports. Especially in Windows 7 and up with the Admin access.

I open up my ports because I know the risks and what can occur. I don't entirely advise it to everyone else.
You also can't be running on weak internet to host public servers though anyway. Your average ISP might secure 4-8 players with some stability on this particular game. Most people don't have a high Upload bandwidth either so having a high download won't matter. I always have at minimal 7 Mbps Upload available when I play games that require P2P hosting.

Hopefully Feng will find a way to fix this minor problem and make it easier for players to connect to one another in public games though.

For anyone who would like to join me in games when I'm available in public matches,
I host 8-12 player games.
I use port 1987 if you would like to forward it, and my rooms are typically titled:
No Survivors
and..
InfamousKalen
My location is also Westcoast, United States so you can determine what ping you may have by that and your location.

To see when I'm available and hosting games you can follow me @ FB or TWT down below in my sig =P
Kalen

Postby Khally » Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:11 pm

Kalen wrote:
Khally wrote:I know, right? I always say the same.

Given the common probability that most users aimlessly browse the internet where ever they please without knowing the risks of certain sites or downloads.. then yes perhaps it can be very harmful. But you still really have to try in order to fall somewhere dark like that online these days. But... then again we are talking about the average person so I guess maybe not.
But I mean there's so much natural security just in browsers now. Let alone the routers/modems and ISP's. And then your own computer software you may use as well. And then the built in protection of newer OS's and hotfix patches. A lot of stuff can keep you fairly secure online, even with open ports. Especially in Windows 7 and up with the Admin access.

I open up my ports because I know the risks and what can occur. I don't entirely advise it to everyone else.
You also can't be running on weak internet to host public servers though anyway. Your average ISP might secure 4-8 players with some stability on this particular game. Most people don't have a high Upload bandwidth either so having a high download won't matter. I always have at minimal 7 Mbps Upload available when I play games that require P2P hosting.

That's my reasoning as well. Hence why I generally still advise port forwarding, but DMZ is a whole other subject. And I really don't feel comfortable advising it.

I have a 15Mbps upload, it it's more than fine. But I doubt we need 7 for this particular game :P
Khally

Postby Accelevi » Sat Dec 14, 2013 2:24 am

If you can't type in a number sequence, then you really shouldn't be playing anyways. lol

Sig courtesy of Zarythe <3

C A D E A U X
Accelevi
« Administrator »

Previous

Return to General Discussion