Do we need spider man?

( ̄ε(# ̄)☆╰╮Every thing about the game.o( ̄皿 ̄///)
- Made by Feng, title edited by Accelevi

Do we need spider man?

Postby klloud » Sun Dec 08, 2013 4:31 pm

Hello folks, I have not been around here for a while because of my college, but soon, I'll be able to start playing hard again.
This new update with the female titan caught me unprepared and I was really surprised at how much the game improved.
The graphics are amazing, the levels and multiplayer modes are astonishing, however... I think the gameplay needs to
improve. Since when I started playing this game, I felt the urge of a mechanism for maneuvering around buildings. You know,
just like spider man. I know you can do this by holding shift. However, I wanna be able to move like that without using the
gas booster. Take a look at 1:01 on the following video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4xIFMkqAxI

So, what do you think? We need a gameplay where we can move like spider man?
klloud

Re: Do we need spider man?

Postby Khally » Sun Dec 08, 2013 4:43 pm

1. You mean a lock function for 3DMG? This has been suggested a gazillion times.
2. "I know you can do this by holding shift. However, I wanna be able to move like that without using the
gas booster." - Play another game? I mean, that's what the gas is for. It's easy as hell to maneuver as it is.
Khally

Postby Blizzard2795 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:16 pm

E-excuse me? Do you even realize know what you just said? Exactly why don't you want to use the gas booster, if it does exactly what you want to do?
Blizzard2795

Postby Tyrant Valvatorez » Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:51 pm

Ok, I think I might've deciphered what the OP meant.
He feels that turning around a building In this game without having to use another object to latch onto Is hard.
Like In the video, he tries to turn a building just using the corner of the building, and while he did turn, his 3DM kept him going back towards the corner, Instead of doing a smooth curve around the building.

What he wants Is that If you hold Shift and curve, you'll do a much smoother curve that will In turn be more useful for navigating the city In a seamless stroke.
Tyrant Valvatorez

Postby Yoon » Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:58 pm

just reel out ...
I do that spiderman curve turn all the time.
Yoon

Postby CriticalBlinking » Sun Dec 08, 2013 11:39 pm

The spiderman physics is unreal; he can magically shift his velocity when doing curves so he goes higher or lower; it's much easier to handle than this game of course, but the fairly realistic physics have grown on me in AOTTG. If we were all given Spiderman 2 levels of control these current Titans would be little more than training dummies.

The wall running with ropes I'm all for, however. Nothing more annoying than getting stuck on a Titan's back just a little below the nape and be unable to actually move up a few steps. Though honestly it would be totally useless if Titans had a minimum damage requirement, in which case it would be unnecessary, but a kick off feature would be immensely helpful so I could actually get off the backside of a Titan reliably and hook somewhere useful.
CriticalBlinking

Postby KDZ » Sun Dec 08, 2013 11:54 pm

CriticalBlinking wrote:The spiderman physics is unreal; he can magically shift his velocity when doing curves so he goes higher or lower; it's much easier to handle than this game of course, but the fairly realistic physics have grown on me in AOTTG. If we were all given Spiderman 2 levels of control these current Titans would be little more than training dummies.

The wall running with ropes I'm all for, however. Nothing more annoying than getting stuck on a Titan's back just a little below the nape and be unable to actually move up a few steps. Though honestly it would be totally useless if Titans had a minimum damage requirement, in which case it would be unnecessary, but a kick off feature would be immensely helpful so I could actually get off the backside of a Titan reliably and hook somewhere useful.

Have you tried to let go of W ?
KDZ

Postby CriticalBlinking » Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:18 am

I know there's a wall kick off a flat surface: however when the game considers you near a ledge, it will cause a ledge flip up instead of that. And it causes it instantly on a curved Titan's back/head. Haven't you ever flipped on a Titan's head by accident and ended up grabbed?
CriticalBlinking

Postby klloud » Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:13 am

Khally wrote:1. You mean a lock function for 3DMG? This has been suggested a gazillion times.
2. "I know you can do this by holding shift. However, I wanna be able to move like that without using the
gas booster." - Play another game? I mean, that's what the gas is for. It's easy as hell to maneuver as it is.

Yeah, I know it was suggested a lot of times. Probably, I was the first one to suggest it. Anyway, the gas increases
too much the speed. I don't want that.

Blizzard2795 wrote:E-excuse me? Do you even realize know what you just said? Exactly why don't you want to use the gas booster, if it does exactly what you want to do?

As I said above, the gas increases your velocity too much. Also, that feature would make the game much more like
the Shingeki no Kyojin universe. You would hook your 3dmg, lock your rope length, maneuver around and when you
want, you could release yourself and keep going forward.

That's a gif I made that translates well my idea:

I said middle mouse button, but it was only an example.

Tyrant Valvatorez wrote:Ok, I think I might've deciphered what the OP meant.
He feels that turning around a building In this game without having to use another object to latch onto Is hard.
Like In the video, he tries to turn a building just using the corner of the building, and while he did turn, his 3DM kept him going back towards the corner, Instead of doing a smooth curve around the building.

What he wants Is that If you hold Shift and curve, you'll do a much smoother curve that will In turn be more useful for navigating the city In a seamless stroke.

That's pretty much like it. I just want things to run smoother. I believe the gameplay is the most important part of the game.

That's a topic I made some time ago regarding that matter: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=28&p=189#p189
klloud

Postby Accelevi » Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:41 am

Yeah, no.

Sig courtesy of Zarythe <3

C A D E A U X
Accelevi
« Administrator »

Next

Return to General Discussion