Do we need spider man?

( ̄ε(# ̄)☆╰╮Every thing about the game.o( ̄皿 ̄///)
- Made by Feng, title edited by Accelevi

Re: Do we need spider man?

Postby Eren » Sun Dec 15, 2013 4:33 am

Senpai wrote:What do people think will happen if wire locking is added? (sudden exploits, titans dying in over 50 seconds clear map, FT solining under 100 seconds abnormal) LOLno

It seems like the whole gas topics all over again.

This is why I initially gave up on it, too much work. Seriously it's just a stupid hooks staying hooked feature.

"If you win, you live! If you lose, you die! You can't win if you don't fight!
J A E G E R
multiplayer name: TheForumEren
Eren
♥ Heichou ♥

Postby Tyrant Valvatorez » Sun Dec 15, 2013 4:39 am

Eren wrote:
Senpai wrote:What do people think will happen if wire locking is added? (sudden exploits, titans dying in over 50 seconds clear map, FT solining under 100 seconds abnormal) LOLno

It seems like the whole gas topics all over again.

This is why I initially gave up on it, too much work. Seriously it's just a stupid hooks staying hooked feature.

Hello pot, I'm kettle, you're black.
Tyrant Valvatorez

Postby Skirazi » Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:53 am

OMG EREN IS BACKKKK!!!!!!
I MISSED YOUR GIFS SO MUCHHH BRO!
I JOINED THE FORUMS FOR THEM~
Ehem, anyway. I agree with Senpai, what's the big hussle? It's a good idea and I'd recommend it to Feng directly if I had that power.
Skirazi

Postby Miracle » Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:27 pm

Actually wire locking sounds good to me, but i think it should just prevent the wire from reeling out, which fixed the maximum length of the rope at the current length when the wire locking is performed. However, it shouldn't fix the distance between you and the hooking point, it's a rope after all, it's not a stick. This means that your distance with the hooking point will varies depending on your magnitude and angle, but it will not exceed the maximum distance when the lock is performed.

Extra 3dmg features like reeling are always good. It increase the complexity of the game.
Miracle

Postby Annie Leonhardt » Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:12 pm

With locking you couldn't reel out, but could "reel" in.
Annie Leonhardt

Postby Terramort » Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:14 pm

Aiden wrote:With locking you couldn't reel out, but could "reel" in.

That would defeat most of the purpose of the lock button... to compensate for the "you must always reel in always" part of the 3DMG. Reeling out you can't do anyway unless you are gassing and have an arc around your swing.
Terramort

Postby Annie Leonhardt » Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:21 pm

Anyway what was this topic about? I think the topic deviated too much.
Annie Leonhardt

Postby Terramort » Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:31 pm

Aiden wrote:Anyway what was this topic about? I think the topic deviated too much.

No, we are still on topic... it was named "Spider Man" because in the PS2 Spiderman, there was lock button for keeping your webs from releasing/"reeling" you in, so you could avoid the problems caused by auto-reeling. And seeing as that is regarded as the best Spiderman game out there by most fans, I'm not sure why everyone thinks adding the cable-locking is such an awful idea.
Terramort

Postby Senpai » Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:12 am

Aiden wrote:Anyway what was this topic about? I think the topic deviated too much.

The topic is just about.

Do we need spiderman like/more types of movements.

Stuff like this. viewtopic.php?f=5&t=5727&p=27863&hilit=parkour+movement#p27863

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=6248

Wire locking is just what is in OP, so that got talked a lot more about. and hated on.
Senpai

Postby Accelevi » Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:03 pm

I'm fine with the wire locking.
But that doesn't turn it into a stick on a swivel.
The line just goes slack.
So unless you have enough force to keep pushing it out so you don't just fall down/back, then the "swinging around buildings" thing isn't going to realistically work.

Sig courtesy of Zarythe <3

C A D E A U X
Accelevi
« Administrator »

Previous

Return to General Discussion