Do we need spider man?

( ̄ε(# ̄)☆╰╮Every thing about the game.o( ̄皿 ̄///)
- Made by Feng, title edited by Accelevi

Re: Do we need spider man?

Postby Terramort » Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:19 am

Accelevi wrote:It'll provide a completely unrealistic benefit.
Which is why I don't want it.

The locking of the hook... ? It's entirely realistic. It's been done in the show numerous, numerous times. I don't understand why you keep saying it's unrealistic... ? If I built a set of 3DMG, you'd bet your ass it'd have a locking mechanism so I can hang off of things or set myself up for attacking the enemy or wall running.
Terramort

Postby Senpai » Sat Dec 14, 2013 9:10 am

Terramort wrote:
Accelevi wrote:It'll provide a completely unrealistic benefit.
Which is why I don't want it.

The locking of the hook... ? It's entirely realistic. It's been done in the show numerous, numerous times. I don't understand why you keep saying it's unrealistic... ? If I built a set of 3DMG, you'd bet your ass it'd have a locking mechanism so I can hang off of things or set myself up for attacking the enemy or wall running.

3DMG is unrealistic, at might have the most awesomest super powered swing with no seat.
No way anyone can use it, until the human deus ex machina revolution comes when we all upgrade our bodies.

In the show they locked right, whenever they moved backwards the wire would slowly reel out. I think instead of slacking it might reel in automatically but slowly to match your walking.

This is actually done in game, hook to anything on the floor, then walk to where you hooked, the rope slowly reels in with walking speed and doesn't slack.

Whenever you walk backwards it reels out in walking speed, maybe the same could apply to the wire lock, unless physics derails the anime and game again. :?
Senpai

Postby Accelevi » Sat Dec 14, 2013 4:51 pm

I already explained it multiple times.
You can lock. But unless you're moving pretty fast already, you can't swing around a building without gas.

Sig courtesy of Zarythe <3

C A D E A U X
Accelevi
« Administrator »

Postby Terramort » Sat Dec 14, 2013 7:48 pm

Accelevi wrote:I already explained it multiple times.
You can lock. But unless you're moving pretty fast already, you can't swing around a building without gas.

Well, yeah... it'd be a way to lower yourself slowly in a spiraling motion. Right now, due to the Z-axis view limits, we can't shoot our cables straight up/down, making it rather difficult to lower oneself without all-out flying to the ground. A lock button would make it possible to drop to a lower point than where you are hooked, for a variety of reason. Maybe a crawler is coming and you need to hang right above it's neck. Maybe you are spinning around the Titan's head and have a little too much air, so you lock and release gas for a second, allowing you to lose some altitude without risking a re-hook/miss. Maybe you just want to hook the center top of the trade center-like tower in Level I, and you want to swing circles at the bottom for fun.

Locking is necessary. Where you got the idea that locking also defies gravity... I'm rather confused. But yeah, if you lock onto something, you won't be pulled up, so you'll fall to gravity.
Terramort

Postby Annie Leonhardt » Sat Dec 14, 2013 7:51 pm

I would use TPS if it wouldn't have limits.
Annie Leonhardt

Postby Senpai » Sat Dec 14, 2013 9:24 pm

Terramort wrote:
Well, yeah... it'd be a way to lower yourself slowly in a spiraling motion. Right now, due to the Z-axis view limits, we can't shoot our cables straight up/down, making it rather difficult to lower oneself without all-out flying to the ground. A lock button would make it possible to drop to a lower point than where you are hooked, for a variety of reason. Maybe a crawler is coming and you need to hang right above it's neck. Maybe you are spinning around the Titan's head and have a little too much air, so you lock and release gas for a second, allowing you to lose some altitude without risking a re-hook/miss. Maybe you just want to hook the center top of the trade center-like tower in Level I, and you want to swing circles at the bottom for fun.

Locking is necessary. Where you got the idea that locking also defies gravity... I'm rather confused. But yeah, if you lock onto something, you won't be pulled up, so you'll fall to gravity.

Yeah it was pretty much a slow down feature, or stay at one point feature. (slow turns (fall damage), crawler (no falling off, because the wire extended on it own)

I'm pretty sure falling/spiraling down/ staying hooked on to something doesn't defy gravity (I can fall, and spiral down right now without 3DMG)
we can already stay hooked onto things in game , but just not away from the hook point.

We won't be swinging at the same speed before we locked, since we're falling down it'll go swing less and go down faster instead.
@Aiden.

Yeah I play on original, the tps lock is kinda annoying, but original also kinda has it. (you can't look directly up or down) I wish we had it.
Senpai

Postby d_OVRKLL » Sun Dec 15, 2013 3:22 am

Accelevi wrote:I already explained it multiple times.

But no one here is arguing about momentum...we just want to decide if we want to unhook or not/keep the wire at a set length. It is NOT gamebreaking, man.
d_OVRKLL

Postby Skirazi » Sun Dec 15, 2013 3:34 am

I think Accel's still talking about that GIF someone posted a while ago, but that got shot down by pretty much everyone, including me - and with good reason. Wire locking by itself, though, is a very cool thing that could introduce some new maneuvers that we can do, because we no longer have to press Q & E in order to have our wires latched onto something. Just press Q/E, wait till it hits something, and middle mouse button click and you can let Q/E go without letting out your hooks.
Skirazi

Postby Tyrant Valvatorez » Sun Dec 15, 2013 3:36 am

Skirazi wrote:I think Accel's still talking about that GIF someone posted a while ago, but that got shot down by pretty much everyone, including me - and with good reason. Wire locking by itself, though, is a very cool thing that could introduce some new maneuvers that we can do, because we no longer have to press Q & E in order to have our wires latched onto something. Just press Q/E, wait till it hits something, and middle mouse button click and you can let Q/E go without letting out your hooks.

That's stupid, now my Idea Is tha- oh It already got shot do- that one got rejected too...
Tyrant Valvatorez

Postby Senpai » Sun Dec 15, 2013 4:25 am

What do people think will happen if wire locking is added? (sudden exploits, titans dying in over 50 seconds clear map, FT solining under 100 seconds abnormal) LOLno

It seems like the whole gas topics all over again.

This is why I initially gave up on it, too much work. Seriously it's just a stupid hooks staying hooked feature.
Senpai

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion