Annie's hitbox

( ̄ε(# ̄)☆╰╮Every thing about the game.o( ̄皿 ̄///)
- Made by Feng, title edited by Accelevi

Re: Annie's hitbox

Postby ToxicPaste » Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:00 pm

Yes, the hitboxes do move and rotate with her, I've accidentally hit her ankle box before when she was kicking (did like 1008 damage :0 ) As for the nape, that does too. A few times I'll let her come towards me, when she spins around to do a kick, her nape is in front of me for a split second, and I hit it (sometimes).

On ankle/back-knee hitbox sizes, yes they are hard to hit, but I find if you strike a little above where you'd think the hitbox is, you hit it more. My only issue is the nape size, it seems too low on her back, compared to other titans at least.
ToxicPaste

Postby CriticalBlinking » Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:22 pm

I think we need to understand how our attack's hitboxes work first before we can say anything definite about why the weakpoints seem weird. I'm just wondering if it's done like left 4 dead 2 (radial lines along the attack path; first one that touches a box is the 'hit' ), or if it's just simply 5 or so active frames of hitbox. The latter seems more plausible since I can drag my blade down the whole backside of a Titan and hit the nape all the way to its thigh and it creates 'slash blood' several times.

Honestly our slash attack hitbox seems a bit sketchy, like it's too far forward and creates misses at point blank ranges on what seems like really large nape hitboxes...I have a much easier time hitting a nape 3-4 ft away via equator/sparrow or when I'm being dragged up/down the nape than being just hooked on and taking a swing, especially on small titans, where the attack goes through the whole neck and misses the nape point blank.
CriticalBlinking

Postby Blizzard2795 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:25 pm

CriticalBlinking wrote:I think we need to understand how our attack's hitboxes work first before we can say anything definite about why the weakpoints seem weird. I'm just wondering if it's done like left 4 dead 2 (radial lines along the attack path; first one that touches a box is the 'hit' ), or if it's just simply 5 or so active frames of hitbox. The latter seems more plausible since I can drag my blade down the whole backside of a Titan and hit the nape all the way to its thigh and it creates 'slash blood' several times.

Honestly our slash attack hitbox seems a bit sketchy, like it's too far forward and creates misses at point blank ranges on what seems like really large nape hitboxes...I have a much easier time hitting a nape 3-4 ft away via equator/sparrow or when I'm being dragged up/down the nape than being just hooked on and taking a swing, especially on small titans, where the attack goes through the whole neck and misses the nape point blank.

Understanding the slash hitbox isn't that complicated. It has a range of about 2-3 feet, and can hit multiple times while in the air.
Blizzard2795

Postby Accelevi » Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:46 pm

Different characters also have different blade lengths, and shorter blades => Slightly short reach, which may account for it if you use Levi.

Sig courtesy of Zarythe <3

C A D E A U X
Accelevi
« Administrator »

Postby qwop » Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:34 am

Accelevi wrote:Different characters also have different blade lengths, and shorter blades => Slightly short reach, which may account for it if you use Levi.

wow, i never knew that

Also, I think there should be a consistency between the size of all type of titan's hitbox. The normal titan hitbox is obviously much bigger than annie's
qwop

Postby Terramort » Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:31 pm

Besides, in the maga, ALL Titans have the same size weak spot. Even Shifters.
Terramort

Postby Accelevi » Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:26 pm

The hitbox for all regular/Abnormals/Crawlers are the same size, Annie's nape is the same, and her knee/ankle ones are smaller for challenge, afaik.

Sig courtesy of Zarythe <3

C A D E A U X
Accelevi
« Administrator »

Previous

Return to General Discussion