Levi's Special can Reel

( ̄ε(# ̄)☆╰╮Every thing about the game.o( ̄皿 ̄///)
- Made by Feng, title edited by Accelevi

Levi's Special can Reel

Postby Xedma » Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:14 am

Through experimentation I discovered that since Levi sends out a wire before he spins, he can effectively use his special as a vector cut.

By traveling in a direction that is moving away from the titan, the wire can do a sharp vector movement that sends Levi flying in a new vector. Momentum is not only maintained, but increased with the special. This has the potential to score some really impressive damages if used correctly.

As I have just recently discovered this, I have yet to make any efficient techniques. However, I do have one tip that has worked a few time for me:
1. Fly with speed to the side of an approaching titan.
2. Pass the titan around neck level if possible.
3. Aim for the middle of the head and use the special.
4. Scroll down at the same time to reel in.
This is not a complete strategy as I have yet to fully experiment, but so far I have managed an average of 800 damage using this technique.

Concerning Petra's special:

While Petra sends out wires when she uses her special, she cannot vector cut using it. She sends out two wires instead one which isn't ideal for vector cutting. However, the main issue is that her attack begins before there is a chance for a reel to take place. Thus, when attempting to reel when using her technique, it doesn't work.
Xedma

Re: Levi's Special can Reel

Postby Yoon » Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:23 am

Wow, I just tried this, thanks so much.
If you are fighting titans nearby, you have to reel-in a little before you special. Otherwise, reel-in and special at the same time will do the trick.
I tested this on Petra, however it doesn't seem to work on her unless she requires a different type of timing.
Last edited by Yoon on Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Yoon

Postby Xedma » Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:31 am

yuyuhoho wrote:Wow, I just tried this, thanks so much.

If you do anything impressive, please feel free to share. I can add "data" to the initial post. ;)
Xedma

Postby Skirazi » Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:56 am

Is a video coming soon?

EDIT: Someone, try and kill the Female Titan with it! One strike, straight to the nape!
Last edited by Skirazi on Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Skirazi

Postby Yoon » Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:17 am

Xedma wrote:
yuyuhoho wrote:Wow, I just tried this, thanks so much.

If you do anything impressive, please feel free to share. I can add "data" to the initial post. ;)

I actually just got 960 damage using this technique only, and that's a lot considering I was only about "50" from the titan.
It's a beastly thing combined with Levi special, but the timing of this seems to be the most difficult IMO.
Yoon

Postby Colopty » Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:21 am

Skirazi wrote:EDIT: Someone, try and kill the Female Titan with it! One strike, straight to the nape!

Which difficulty level are you thinking about?
Spoiler:
ImageImage
Colopty
Forum Luminary

Formerly: Cephalopod god

Postby Xedma » Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:39 pm

Colopty wrote:
Skirazi wrote:EDIT: Someone, try and kill the Female Titan with it! One strike, straight to the nape!

Which difficulty level are you thinking about?

All of them!
Xedma

Postby Colopty » Tue Dec 17, 2013 4:00 pm

Easy should be very much doable. Hard, maaaaaaaybe you'll get lucky and do a one hit kill. On abnormal though, you wouldn't be able to do it.
Spoiler:
ImageImage
Colopty
Forum Luminary

Formerly: Cephalopod god

Postby bellick » Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:44 pm

Colopty wrote:Easy should be very much doable. Hard, maaaaaaaybe you'll get lucky and do a one hit kill. On abnormal though, you wouldn't be able to do it.

Never underestimate the people in these forums
bellick

Postby Xedma » Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:42 pm

bellick wrote:
Colopty wrote:Easy should be very much doable. Hard, maaaaaaaybe you'll get lucky and do a one hit kill. On abnormal though, you wouldn't be able to do it.

Never underestimate the people in these forums

I will start working on that tomorrow ;)
Xedma

Next

Return to General Discussion