Levi's Special can Reel

( ̄ε(# ̄)☆╰╮Every thing about the game.o( ̄皿 ̄///)
- Made by Feng, title edited by Accelevi

Re: Levi's Special can Reel

Postby CriticalBlinking » Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:53 am

Very cool. Adding to Character Specific Techniques section on Techniques topic.
CriticalBlinking

Postby Colopty » Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:48 am

bellick wrote:
Colopty wrote:Easy should be very much doable. Hard, maaaaaaaybe you'll get lucky and do a one hit kill. On abnormal though, you wouldn't be able to do it.

Never underestimate the people in these forums

It seems possible to do 2500 in one hit, but 4000 seems more unlikely. The 1000 for normal mode should be easy enough though.
Spoiler:
ImageImage
Colopty
Forum Luminary

Formerly: Cephalopod god

Postby Accelevi » Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:28 pm

This technique seems sort of nice, but it seems sort of hard to do it right.

Sig courtesy of Zarythe <3

C A D E A U X
Accelevi
« Administrator »

Postby Xedma » Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:44 pm

Accelevi wrote:This technique seems sort of nice, but it seems sort of hard to do it right.

Indeed. I've been too busy using other characters to experiment further XD
Xedma

Postby Levvuny » Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:19 am

Xedma wrote:
Accelevi wrote:This technique seems sort of nice, but it seems sort of hard to do it right.

Indeed. I've been too busy using other characters to experiment further XD

I just use it as a "OH CRAP! I"m going straight into a titans face! Abort! Plan.
Levvuny

Postby TataBlitz » Thu Dec 26, 2013 1:46 am

hmm by the same logic would petra's special be able to reel too? I don't use reel that often, so I can't test it out as I do not know the difference.
TataBlitz

Postby Accelevi » Thu Dec 26, 2013 1:53 am

Petra's special doesn't reel in game, afaik really, because it spins before reeling/wires don't pull/something idk it was mentioned somewhere.

Sig courtesy of Zarythe <3

C A D E A U X
Accelevi
« Administrator »

Postby Yoon » Thu Dec 26, 2013 2:51 am

If you were able to get used to the reel in/out, you should be able to do this Levi Special reel as well.

Some helpful tips,
if you are about 10-45 away, you must reel in first and then use special.
If you are farther away, around 60+, reel in and special at the same time.

It is tricky, but it can be controlled.
It's like Levi Special plus more speed/power.
Yoon

Postby pallmall1 » Thu Dec 26, 2013 7:17 pm

Xedma wrote:Through experimentation I discovered that since Levi sends out a wire before he spins, he can effectively use his special as a vector cut.

By traveling in a direction that is moving away from the titan, the wire can do a sharp vector movement that sends Levi flying in a new vector. Momentum is not only maintained, but increased with the special. This has the potential to score some really impressive damages if used correctly.

As I have just recently discovered this, I have yet to make any efficient techniques. However, I do have one tip that has worked a few time for me:
1. Fly with speed to the side of an approaching titan.
2. Pass the titan around neck level if possible.
3. Aim for the middle of the head and use the special.
4. Scroll down at the same time to reel in.
This is not a complete strategy as I have yet to fully experiment, but so far I have managed an average of 800 damage using this technique.

Concerning Petra's special:

While Petra sends out wires when she uses her special, she cannot vector cut using it. She sends out two wires instead one which isn't ideal for vector cutting. However, the main issue is that her attack begins before there is a chance for a reel to take place. Thus, when attempting to reel when using her technique, it doesn't work.

thx Xedma
i just tried it out and killed 3 titans in a row with my "line-them-up" tactics
pallmall1

Postby Xedma » Thu Dec 26, 2013 7:19 pm

pallmall1 wrote:
Xedma wrote:Through experimentation I discovered that since Levi sends out a wire before he spins, he can effectively use his special as a vector cut.

By traveling in a direction that is moving away from the titan, the wire can do a sharp vector movement that sends Levi flying in a new vector. Momentum is not only maintained, but increased with the special. This has the potential to score some really impressive damages if used correctly.

As I have just recently discovered this, I have yet to make any efficient techniques. However, I do have one tip that has worked a few time for me:
1. Fly with speed to the side of an approaching titan.
2. Pass the titan around neck level if possible.
3. Aim for the middle of the head and use the special.
4. Scroll down at the same time to reel in.
This is not a complete strategy as I have yet to fully experiment, but so far I have managed an average of 800 damage using this technique.

Concerning Petra's special:

While Petra sends out wires when she uses her special, she cannot vector cut using it. She sends out two wires instead one which isn't ideal for vector cutting. However, the main issue is that her attack begins before there is a chance for a reel to take place. Thus, when attempting to reel when using her technique, it doesn't work.

thx Xedma
i just tried it out and killed 3 titans in a row with my "line-them-up" tactics

Awesome. Got any footage of it?
Xedma

Previous

Return to General Discussion