Formations and tactics Creator

( ̄ε(# ̄)☆╰╮Every thing about the game.o( ̄皿 ̄///)
- Made by Feng, title edited by Accelevi

Re: Formations and tactics Creator

Postby Fuginotory » Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:29 pm

This only has forest? It would be much more useful for the City map, since there is actually more need of tactics and reckon. Still, nice work, this could be useful.
Fuginotory

Postby Khally » Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:30 pm

I'm guessing City will come soon, because of that icon on the top right corner.
Khally

Postby Annie Leonhardt » Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:34 pm

That looks complicatd, I shall try this in the future :lol:
Is there something representing the titans?
Annie Leonhardt

Postby pallmall1 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:55 pm

thanks all

Skirazi wrote:What... is this...even...?
I don't know whether this is awesome or crazy. Looks like a lot of both.
Also, could you explain the formations you showed at the end? Who/What is A, B, C, D meant to be, etc.?

The A,B,C,D represent the position of a single person or a small group of peoples

For example, if all peoples rush to a single titan, there will be a lot of peoples killed by titan-do(karate chop) accidently. That's why you need to spread out your squad.
Moreover, you may want to separate the group of titans especially in abnormal difficulty.

Since the latest update featured colossal titan, players are required to defeat the colossal titan and protect the citizens at the same time.
A detail planned tactic and duty assignment is needed.

DarioEMeloD wrote:Add a command to mirror the arrows, please! I don't think it needs anything else, besides the map for the city, and maybe more colors. Excellent work here, thanks a lot :D

I'll see what I can do
pallmall1

Postby Fuginotory » Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:34 pm

Annie Leonhardt wrote:That looks complicatd, I shall try this in the future :lol:
Is there something representing the titans?

I'm guessing you can just pick any of the icons to represent titans, I mean, with all that is provided, you can just create a legend and pick something to be titans.
Fuginotory

Postby d_OVRKLL » Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:51 pm

YESSSS. I feel like the community has been in need of something like this. I KNOW I am not the best player at all, but every time I watch videos of people play, I'm like "Damn it I wish people actually had a well formulated plan." I feel like I would be a good tactician on a team =)
d_OVRKLL

Postby Fuginotory » Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:48 pm

You know, if you come up with an epic tactic, it would be pretty selfish to keep it to yourself, I mean, think about humanity, and survival, and all that stuff (this is my way of saying: "If you come up with anything good, don't forget to share with the rest of us").
Fuginotory

Postby d_OVRKLL » Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:15 am

Well I don't think anything I have is TOOOO mind blowingly useful, but here are the things that I think when I watch people play:

Player Roles
Making sure each individual player has a particular role in their squad that can be a general representation of their strengths as a player. Each player will have a primary and secondary role(s) based on what they're good at.

Commander/Tactician: The player that can be trusted to make the best decisions over all. They fill everyone in on the plan in the beginning and if they have a plan that randomly comes up mid-game, you can trust that it is a good idea.

Scout: Player(s) that maintains the highest ground. The "eyes" for the team. Always has a general understanding of where titans are on the map to prevent surprises. Most importantly, they will be the ones to identify/mark safe places to be. They do not HAVE to, and should not, condemn themselves to just watching. They just have to make sure they remember their job.

Front Line: Player(s) that can be trusted on their own; "1 shot killers" (players that have mastered the ability to kill titans near immediately upon interaction). Their survival should be partial priority for the team.

Clean Up: Player(s) that can be trusted when there is little pressure (no swarms of titans/abnormals/crawlers). If the team decides to leave an area with 1 or 2 titans, these players finish the job.

Damage Control: Player(s) that perform well under pressure. Typically utilized when something goes wrong (team member(s) in danger; someone died).

Diversion: Players with exceptional movement that may or may not be trusted to KILL titans but can be trusted to AVOID being killed. Also probably the most brave next to the Front Line. Typically their job will be to get titan's attention to allow other players to kill OR escape/regroup.

Character selection with purpose
Selecting characters based on what their strengths are in conjunction with the player's strengths. Listed are possible/theoretical roles that suit each character based on player roles.
Note: "Commander/Tactician" can be any character as the traits don't really have too much to do with who they play

Levi/Mikasa
Primary Role(s): Front line
Secondary Role(s): Clean Up; Damage Control

Petra
Primary Role(s): Clean Up; Damage Control
Secondary Role(s): Front Line
Note: Petra players should not be too far off from whoever is leading the assault. She should be able to effectively assist the front line and BE the front line if need be.

Eren
Primary Role(s): Clean Up; Damage Control
Secondary Role(s): Front Line
Note: Titan form strictly for emergencies (swarms of titans; crawlers). He is literally never to go titan just for the sake of his own kills.

Jean
Primary Role(s): Scout
Secondary Role(s): Clean Up; Damage Control; Diversion
Note: His ability to conserve gas means he can go from place to place across maps without losing gas too much concern. When flares start going off to signal help needed, he is to go over there to provide support. Jean players should typically excel in maneuverability to fulfill their role. Jean players' secondary will probably depend on how effective they are at killing (Clean Up/Damage Control) and/or how good they are at maneuvering (Diversion).

Armin
Primary Role(s): Scout
Secondary Role(s): Diversion; Clean Up
Note: Armin players are probably going to be highly capable of handling 1 on 1 or 2 on 1 situations against titans

Marco
Primary Role(s): Diversion
Secondary Role(s): Clean Up; Damage Control
Note: Their secondary will depend on whether or not their killing skills are exceptional

Sasha
Primary Role(s): Diversion; Scout
Secondary Role(s): Damage Control
Note: Her special makes her SUPER viable for both diverting and scouting as she can go from place to place across the map easily. This player will probably most likely be a Damage Control kind of player because her special can allow her to get abnormals'/crawlers' attention, out run them AND get away from them successfully. The fact that it is has a time limit means Sasha player's maneuvering has to be on point to escape crawlers before they can kill her.

Needless to say, you may/will not ALWAYS have 5+ people on a team. However, you can see above that roles can be shared and swapped.

Team Construction By Player Count
2 Man Team: Obviously gonna be pretty weak. This kind of team dynamic can be something like both players taking turns being Scouts as they move around. Both of them gotta make sure they can move really well.

3 Man Team: A little better. All 3 players can take turns scouting and/or diverting if they feel like it suits their team dynamic. Possibly a Scout that over looks and backs up the 2 Front Line players and goes in when they look like they're about to be in danger.

4 Man Team: Probably the most ideal/Realistic. 1 player assigned to be the Scout. They make sure their team isn't about to be randomly ambushed and stuff like that. 1 player can lead the assault while 2 players stick together. The Scout can always make the call to go in and help out whoever needs assistance.

5 Man Team:
Most flexible (not sure what the max amount of players on a map are so i'll assume it's 5). Here's an example of the possibilities
-1 Scout, 2 Front Line ("lone wolves"), 2 Player Duo
-1 Scout, 2 pairs (duos of players that stick by their partner)
-2 Scout rotation (rotating assistance in extensive assaults); 1 Front Line, 2 Flexible Support (diversions/damage control/clean up)
You can kind of see what I mean. Varying roles based on what the players are good at or what is needed

Flares
I also feel like flares are severely under utilized with bigger groups and people randomly put them out there to show where they are.

1 Green: General marking of a safe location. If players see a green flare, they can trust that going over there is safe.
1 Red: "Danger". Should mark somewhere that is dangerous.
1 Black: Abnormal sighted. To be used by those in combat for the Scout to see

Theoretical Flare Codes
1 Black 1 Green (SCOUT): This means they notice a crawler on the map, but it isn't approaching anyone
1 Black 1 Red (SCOUT): Crawler OR regular Abnormal sighted and IT IS APPROACHING teammates
1 Green 1 Red (PLAYERS IN COMBAT): "Come here, assistance needed". Probably to be used by the Front Line to ask for help from the Support and the other way around.
2 Black (PLAYERS IN COMBAT): If a team (2 or more people) are at a location swormed with Abnornals and needs assistance

Note: There should be a designated Scout location. Meaning whenever you see a flare from that position YOU KNOW it is the Scout. More than likely makes the most sense to be the middle of the map or the highest grounds should default to the Scout's "territory". These are all just some ideas

Well yeah. There goes some ideas/thoughts that I have had for a little while.
Last edited by d_OVRKLL on Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
d_OVRKLL

Postby Skirazi » Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:29 am

What you have just effectively described is a class system, which would be "ewwwwww, gross" except for the fact that it's not forced on us. E.g. I can be a Front Line Armin, screw using my support for distraction, I use it to steal kills. Therefore, this specific "class system" is great, and so is the game.
Skirazi

Postby d_OVRKLL » Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:32 am

Skirazi wrote:What you have just effectively described is a class system, which would be "ewwwwww, gross" except for the fact that it's not forced on us. E.g. I can be a Front Line Armin, screw using my support for distraction, I use it to steal kills. Therefore, this specific "class system" is great, and so is the game.

Yeah like I said, it's all just theoretical stuff. It was more-so just to show how the PLAYER roles can work in conjunction with the characters.
d_OVRKLL

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion