Colossal Titan Research!

( ̄ε(# ̄)☆╰╮Every thing about the game.o( ̄皿 ̄///)
- Made by Feng, title edited by Accelevi

Colossal Titan Research!

Postby ypknight » Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:18 pm

So I've found an effective way to damage the colossal titan more easily in a safe yet rather slow fashion. Recommended for multiplayer if you're not supposedly fast.
Steps:
1. Hook onto the Colossal Titan's Right side of the skull, just before the ear so you're not behind his head.
(Reason: Either his gas or attacks can reach there)
2. As the Colossal Titan swings his right arm, you will eventually make your way past his face and towards his nape then back to your original position, the right side of his skull. At this time, when you momentarily past his nape, hit it and return to your original position.
3. After he has released his yellow gas, quickly head to the right side of the wall, just out of the reach of his swing and reload your swords. then repeat the process.

A complimentary video will be added to this shortly. Not the best video.

ypknight

Re: Colossal Titan Research!

Postby Connorhere » Sat Jan 04, 2014 6:47 am

For some odd reason since you have Annie all over your profile stuff i was almost expecting to see you playing as her :lol:

And for the technique it seems mostly useful, not sure if i'll use it or not, will probably give it a shot but i do like killing Colossal by manually climbing him to get to the nape and all.
Connorhere

Postby ypknight » Sat Jan 04, 2014 6:35 pm

Connorhere wrote:For some odd reason since you have Annie all over your profile stuff i was almost expecting to see you playing as her :lol:

And for the technique it seems mostly useful, not sure if i'll use it or not, will probably give it a shot but i do like killing Colossal by manually climbing him to get to the nape and all.

Ahaha, i wish i was playing Annie. LIKE SO BAD! D: and i wouldn't climb the colossal titan D: the gas....]
today i was playing ct with 2 random ppl, dante and vladi.
i used that very technique above and got a total of 600 dmg. then they left me....then abnormals reached the gate. i got pissed 0.0 i didn't even die that round....
ypknight

Postby Le Squishy Squish » Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:41 pm

I have a similar technique, but I just rest on the head in the event of gas, then power through with a perfect slice on the nape from 80~ metres away.
I've soloed him doing this
Le Squishy Squish

Postby Accelevi » Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:17 am

Well this would work, but it still is an exploit.

Sig courtesy of Zarythe <3

C A D E A U X
Accelevi
« Administrator »

Postby Tethys » Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:14 pm

Accelevi wrote:Well this would work, but it still is an exploit.

Am I missing something, or does your use of the word 'exploit' somehow deviate from the conventional use? You're actually claiming that the OP posted an exploit...? I don't get it.
The OP has described - and posted an accompanying video depicting - a strategy for dealing damage to the CT in a manner that is contained perfectly within the recognised parameters, boundaries, and mechanics of the game. Albeit the strategy is rather inefficient and cumbersome, but it is certainly no exploit.

The clear advantage of the strategy however is the simple fact that it's relatively easy to use. Very little active use of the 3DMG is required, granted that you can actually get yourself in position in the first place. And so the OPs strategy provides a way for less experienced players to potentially be able to damage the CT in somewhat of a consistent way.
Tethys

Postby RancorSnp » Sun Jan 05, 2014 4:42 pm

It's an exploit because you use a bug, or at least something that shouldn't be here to beat the Collosal titan :
1st off, You are hanging to the point where can not attack you, and will move you to his neck just by moving his head.
2nd You do not die from the mist, which is supposed to do so, it does not for kill people near his head for whatever reason, but I while it surely fits "boundaries, and mechanics of the game" it probably shouldn't even be here.
RancorSnp

Postby ypknight » Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:28 pm

RancorSnp wrote:It's an exploit because you use a bug, or at least something that shouldn't be here to beat the Collosal titan :
1st off, You are hanging to the point where can not attack you, and will move you to his neck just by moving his head.
2nd You do not die from the mist, which is supposed to do so, it does not for kill people near his head for whatever reason, but I while it surely fits "boundaries, and mechanics of the game" it probably shouldn't even be here.

First and foremost, it really depends on you and how you use and/or define the word "exploit."
ypknight

Postby Accelevi » Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:25 pm

The hooks would be blown off altogether probably.

Sig courtesy of Zarythe <3

C A D E A U X
Accelevi
« Administrator »

Postby Tethys » Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:55 am

The belief that the OPs strategy is an exploit is largely based on the assumption that the CTs 'steam' or 'gas' emission is supposed to be uniform in its coverage. That is, the belief that whenever the CT deliberately emits its high-temperature steam it will necessarily be emitted equally and in a uniform fashion from all facets of the CTs body surface. If this can be shown to be a valid assumption then yes, the OPs strategy could probably be considered exploitative (that is, when used in such a way as to deliberately avoid being killed by the steam; its possible to use the OPs strategy solely as a means of getting yourself to the nape, but instead of staying in the steam deliberately getting yourself away when it turns on and then returning once its over).

However, canon material suggests that the CT emits its steam in a non-uniform fashion. That is, the CTs steam can in some instances be emitted specifically from certain parts of its body surface and not others. For instance, this panel in Chapter 3, and this page at the beginning of Chapter 4. The non-uniformity of the CTs steam emission can also be seen at several points in episode 5 of the anime from approximately 2:30 to 3:50

In fact, this is very likely to be why Feng's version of CT emits gas in such an unequal and non-uniform fashion.
And if this is in fact the case, and the CTs gas emission pattern is deliberate on the part of the game's designer, the OPs strategy can hardly be called an exploit.

Sorry to write so much about such a trivial thing, I just thought it was pretty shit for such a novel strategy that probably took a lot of time and effort to discover to be disparaged with no elaboration or backing support.
Tethys

Next

Return to General Discussion