AOTTG Improvement Scale

( ̄ε(# ̄)☆╰╮Every thing about the game.o( ̄皿 ̄///)
- Made by Feng, title edited by Accelevi

AOTTG Improvement Scale

Postby jahob000 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:32 am

So I've been playing this game for a week now and I've made little improvement. Little as it may be it's still improvement.

So I'm curious about all of you AOTTG fans out there. Reminisce about all the time you've been playing. On a scale of 1-10 How much have you improved since the first time you've played? How much have you improved on a scale of 1-10 within the past month or week? What major thing did you do to help you improve your skills? Did you learn at a fast/slow pace? What was your biggest achievement goal that you set for yourself? Did you reach it? Are you close? Did you surpass it?

Me personally, on a scale of 1-10, my improvement is a 2. I went from barely being able to maneuver to at LEAST being able to kill over 5 titans. Though I struggled with even that :p. But hey, so long as I'm killin em, I'm perfectly kool with that. My goal is to be able to do that move where you attack from the front by latching onto the face and getting to it's neck and BAM!!! Dead Titan. Lol not there yet but workin on it.

How bout you guys?

Regardless of how much you've improved, give yourselves a pat on the back!

I'm changing my improvement from a 2 to a 5. Lol that little jump came from today. Learned the technique I couldn't do and now I'm kickin butt. Killed more titans than I ever have. Still needs work. Then I can power up my move from there :D
jahob000

Re: AOTTG Improvement Scale

Postby Skirazi » Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:19 am

I recommend keeping in touch with this playlist that isn't related to me at all: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... jsl1CdtT71
I'm hoping it will be useful to you over time!! :P

My personal scale would honestly be at a 7 right now. People think there's not a lot to the game but there's a complexity and depth that is invisible on the outside. You say "latching onto the face and getting to its neck and BAM!!!" is 5? That's a 3, hehehe. Equator Cut/other moves are easier than you think, check out the Tutorials section of the Forum!
Skirazi

Postby jahob000 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 4:03 am

Skirazi wrote:I recommend keeping in touch with this playlist that isn't related to me at all: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... jsl1CdtT71
I'm hoping it will be useful to you over time!! :P

My personal scale would honestly be at a 7 right now. People think there's not a lot to the game but there's a complexity and depth that is invisible on the outside. You say "latching onto the face and getting to its neck and BAM!!!" is 5? That's a 3, hehehe. Equator Cut/other moves are easier than you think, check out the Tutorials section of the Forum!

haha a 3? Ouch. Lol that's true if you're talkin about a scale of how good you are. But I was talkin about in terms of how much I've improved. Even though I still can't maneuver well, It's a heck of a lot better than when I was a few days ago.
jahob000

Postby Skirazi » Fri Jan 17, 2014 4:11 am

Ohh, okay, I see what you mean.

In that case... I can't even remember how I played when I first started, I just know it was crazy hard. Then I got used to killing them one-by-one. (This was before the Eren update so Titans just turned on the spot, hehe.) But honestly, since the last update, I'd say my improvement has been 0.5, I've kind of hit a personal cap that I'm trying to break.
Skirazi

Postby Accelevi » Fri Jan 17, 2014 9:08 pm

My improvement from past versions is probably 9. I managed to learn a bunch of stuff, but I'm still smoothing everything out.

Sig courtesy of Zarythe <3

C A D E A U X
Accelevi
« Administrator »

Postby Khunkurisu » Fri Jan 17, 2014 9:40 pm

From the start of me playing, I couldn't even scale how much I've improved. I'm still nowhere near as good as I'd like to be but I am leagues ahead of where I started at. As of for the past month, I'd rate my progress at about a 6. I haven't necessarily learned to kill in new ways but I have become more consistent in kills and decreased my overall death count. Even if they aren't flashy or cool, overall I practice just being consistent in kills (ie. missing less with particular maneuver) and always work on my general maneuvering with 3DMG. The flashy stuff tends to come in once you know you can get the kill if all else fails, or at least that's how I do it. My current goal is to be able to consistently reach wave 8 in Forest II solo. I have not reached that yet, though I'm definitely getting there.
Khunkurisu

Postby Annie Leonhardt » Fri Jan 17, 2014 9:47 pm

Well, recently I stopped training, but when I looked for new moves, and practiced, I got a lot better. I play once a day, so I think that's enough for me to train.
Annie Leonhardt

Postby shaun45451 » Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:23 am

jahob000 wrote:So I've been playing this game for a week now and I've made little improvement. Little as it may be it's still improvement.

So I'm curious about all of you AOTTG fans out there. Reminisce about all the time you've been playing. On a scale of 1-10 How much have you improved since the first time you've played? How much have you improved on a scale of 1-10 within the past month or week? What major thing did you do to help you improve your skills? Did you learn at a fast/slow pace? What was your biggest achievement goal that you set for yourself? Did you reach it? Are you close? Did you surpass it?

Me personally, on a scale of 1-10, my improvement is a 2. I went from barely being able to maneuver to at LEAST being able to kill over 5 titans. Though I struggled with even that :p. But hey, so long as I'm killin em, I'm perfectly kool with that. My goal is to be able to do that move where you attack from the front by latching onto the face and getting to it's neck and BAM!!! Dead Titan. Lol not there yet but workin on it.

How bout you guys?
Regardless of how much you've improved, give yourselves a pat on the back!

I'm changing my improvement from a 2 to a 5. Lol that little jump came from today. Learned the technique I couldn't do and now I'm kickin butt. Killed more titans than I ever have. Still needs work. Then I can power up my move from there :D

9.5. Before I actually started posting here, I was completely self-taught and was around a 7. Learning all these techniques on this forum boosted me another 2.5 points. But I use to suck pretty bad when I first started.
shaun45451

Postby Wheaters » Sat Jan 18, 2014 3:02 am

I started playing the game really early in its history, the game has changed so much that my vision is kind of blurred when it comes to when I should say I started playing "this" game. I'll just go with when all the titans were changed to have hair, more moves, ect. From there I'd probably say a 6 only because I already had a solid grasp on the game before that update. I hit a cap before I went to the forum. When I hit the forums I got at least 2-3 of those points from then, really tells you how much you can learn from others. A lot of that skill came from me moving from an equator that I learned naturally from playing the game, to the sparrow, to full slash. I recommend getting with an active guild or playing with an average forum goer to gain skill faster than normal.
Wheaters

Postby Azure Sky » Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:53 am

I have been playing for about a month and a half now and I have improved A LOT on a scale from 1/10 I have probably got a 8-9 because when I started I couldn't kill 1 titan on normal now I can solo hard in under 2 mins. All I did was set constant goals for myself like get 100 dmg, beat old level 2, solo forest etc. I have reached most of my goals except get 1000 dmg I have only gotten up to 999 (no jokes :shock: ) once and 980 etc. But I have also found that practicing on the training level is quite useful as well if you are having trouble with anything go there and kill all the titans with a special move to practice and then do it on a different map on normal then hard etc.
Azure Sky

Next

Return to General Discussion