AOTTG Improvement Scale

( ̄ε(# ̄)☆╰╮Every thing about the game.o( ̄皿 ̄///)
- Made by Feng, title edited by Accelevi

Re: AOTTG Improvement Scale

Postby drako125 » Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:44 pm

Most likely a 7 or 6. At first, i didnt even know how to use gas; Now im gassing all over the place doing equator cuts n sling shotting around the forest at top speeds getting a good 1000 hit. I forgot i already posted 3:
Last edited by drako125 on Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
drako125

Postby Zinrius » Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:58 pm

Within a month ? I would say 8-10.

I began reeling not to long ago, however the time I've spend practicing it and learning maneuvers with it has been considerably intense because of my thrive to achieve a higher level of skill.

Now the only thing I need to improve is my accuracy, which hopefully upcoming updates help with because wires tend to clip through objects and titans.
Zinrius

Postby Saronie » Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:36 pm

I'd say I've improved a good amount, mainly because of the tutorial and fact sheet threads.

Those are the kinds of things that really help newer players get up to par.

I find that learning the basic moves such as equator cut, reeling, etc. are essential.
Once you learn the basics you can then understand the way your 3DMG works and start modifying basic manoeuvres into a style that suits you best.

I'd give myself an 8 because two weeks ago I could barely survive in City. now I'm able to clear it with good hits and flow between titans.

Starting to be able to take on 2-3 titans in a group without touching the floor. I'd say it's thanks to this great community.

There are quite a few noob friendly mods out there. Glad you're paying attention to us and helping us get in the game.

Practice, practice, practice. You'll be looking like Levi in no time if you put the time into it.
Saronie

Postby Shanti » Sat Jan 25, 2014 5:06 am

Well, it took me 4 hours to kill my first titan.
So, in a scale from 1 to 10, my improvement from my first game would be 11. But from the last month it would be around a 4. Past month I couldnt finish Forest hard with Levi. Now I can finish Forest hard with Armin in 190 seconds
Shanti

Postby Gill Shark » Sat Jan 25, 2014 6:06 pm

Welly welly welly welly well,
I would say that my improvement from the first time I played to now, would be 8. I beggined playing... I dont know maybe 3 months ago problaly. But just after 1 month i got really satisfied with my playing, and with Mikasa's Special I got my highiest score ever, and reachin dat score again is one of my actual goals, like I made it luckly, but now I want to do it technicly. Last month I have improved a lot actually i would put 5 or 6 points, cause i beggined to play with friends and train more, I even created a formula-like-thing to get more damage ^^, but i still not getting the damages i would like to get, since i prefer using my skills to cheat on the titans AI and then kill it, I almost dont use technics, and use original, wich i think is a little more dificult to make the techinics, but gives you more mobility.
Last week i actually reach three goals dat i made. One was to clear the City Two of SP on hard, the second was to clear the forest map on hard too (I actually think i never tried to clear on normal, is boring~). And the best and the last one was to clear the colossal 2 on normal with some friends, and i actually did dat yesterday.

Haha i think i said to much now, but is kinda Happy to have a thread here where the players can tell their game story!
Gill Shark

Postby jahob000 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:17 am

My improvement this past week has been like a .5 After I learned the overhead kill thing, I stuck with that method and didn't try to learn anything new. I also was content with my skills even though I seriously lack speed and accuracy due to the fact that before i couldn't kill titans and now I can. I've been using my remote when I should also be practicing with my mouse and keyboard (which the mouse is a way better option to use). I'm using my keyboard now and am back to square one but I'm getting a little better. I haven't been playing as often so that's why I've given myself a lower improvement score.
jahob000

Postby Accelevi » Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:07 pm

Overhead can fail a lot however.

Sig courtesy of Zarythe <3

C A D E A U X
Accelevi
« Administrator »

Postby Cookie_Dynamics » Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:45 pm

jahob000 wrote:So I've been playing this game for a week now and I've made little improvement. Little as it may be it's still improvement.

So I'm curious about all of you AOTTG fans out there. Reminisce about all the time you've been playing. On a scale of 1-10 How much have you improved since the first time you've played? How much have you improved on a scale of 1-10 within the past month or week? What major thing did you do to help you improve your skills? Did you learn at a fast/slow pace? What was your biggest achievement goal that you set for yourself? Did you reach it? Are you close? Did you surpass it?

Me personally, on a scale of 1-10, my improvement is a 2. I went from barely being able to maneuver to at LEAST being able to kill over 5 titans. Though I struggled with even that :p. But hey, so long as I'm killin em, I'm perfectly kool with that. My goal is to be able to do that move where you attack from the front by latching onto the face and getting to it's neck and BAM!!! Dead Titan. Lol not there yet but workin on it.

How bout you guys?

Regardless of how much you've improved, give yourselves a pat on the back!

I'm changing my improvement from a 2 to a 5. Lol that little jump came from today. Learned the technique I couldn't do and now I'm kickin butt. Killed more titans than I ever have. Still needs work. Then I can power up my move from there :D

As anything that involves technique, this game has a pretty intense diminishing-returns learning curve.

Considering that your scale goes up to 10.

I will say that on 0 , I wouldn't still be able to reach roof tops without wall-running... and I would still use running-on-foot oftenly.
And on 10,I would be able to quickly and constantly kill titans of all the 3 categories in fly-by kills (no need to stop close by to adjust), I would also know all the game slangs and community-popular-moves, and I would know the bosses and what the community would expect from me in each map.

Considering this, my guess is I probably improved about 3 ... 4 ? ....... 3.5 it is.

There's a lot room for improvement. Specially on how to use the 3DMG properly.
Cookie_Dynamics

Postby jahob000 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:50 pm

Makoto wrote:Overhead can fail a lot however.

Yeah and it usually does considering they often turn around while your in the air over their head. Then you end up next to their face and CRUNCH!!!!
jahob000

Postby Accelevi » Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:59 pm

Equator's a better basic.

Sig courtesy of Zarythe <3

C A D E A U X
Accelevi
« Administrator »

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion