Character Information List

( ̄ε(# ̄)☆╰╮Every thing about the game.o( ̄皿 ̄///)
- Made by Feng, title edited by Accelevi

Re: Character Information List

Postby Cookie_Dynamics » Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:23 pm

Annie Leonhardt wrote:So your point is to nerf every character so people would play with everyone?


No really, Annie.

In my ideal world, Petra would be the worse character by far. The others could be buffed all the way if people wanted...

I know it sounds stupid, I can't really explain the reasoning behind that. Maybe it's just a pathetic way for me to feel more special by playing a character that people usually don't use? Who knows...


I don't really care about being ahead in the score when I play. I just enjoy the ride. So having a good or bad character means nothing to me.
Cookie_Dynamics
 

 

Re: Character Information List

Postby Annie Leonhardt » Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:29 pm

Yeah, Feng should focus on fixing bugs, but it seems that if he adds something new, he won't change it.
I think Petra is already too bad for her character, because she should be an elite.
BTW, I'm a girl.
Annie Leonhardt
 

Re: Character Information List

Postby Thirdkazekage » Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:22 pm

Cookie_Dynamics wrote:
Annie Leonhardt wrote:So your point is to nerf every character so people would play with everyone?


No really, Annie.

In my ideal world, Petra would be the worse character by far. The others could be buffed all the way if people wanted...

I know it sounds stupid, I can't really explain the reasoning behind that. Maybe it's just a pathetic way for me to feel more special by playing a character that people usually don't use? Who knows...


I don't really care about being ahead in the score when I play. I just enjoy the ride. So having a good or bad character means nothing to me.

So you just want to feel special for using a character who everyone doesn't really use? that's pretty hipster of you :lol:

Oh and Annie :o
Spoiler:
I never knew xDImage
Thirdkazekage
 

Re: Character Information List

Postby Annie Leonhardt » Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:34 pm

There are not many Petra players (at least in comparasion with Jean's players)
If you want to feel special, just use Armin. You can't just stop making people to play as her only for you, and the main reason it's because it doesn't make sense.
@ThirdKazekage, I said that because Derppy wasn't sure about my gender.
Annie Leonhardt
 

Re: Character Information List

Postby Cookie_Dynamics » Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:58 pm

Thirdkazekage wrote:So you just want to feel special for using a character who everyone doesn't really use? that's pretty hipster of you :lol:


Hahahahah, that could be a way to express it ^^. Am I the only one that prefers to avoid mirror matches in games?


Annie Leonhardt wrote:There are not many Petra players (at least in comparasion with Jean's players)
If you want to feel special, just use Armin.


That's true, but I need to like the style of the character as well. Popularity isn't the only factor that plays when I select my avatar in a game.
I don't care much for Armin in the anime, so he's out of question.

I can see myself playing as Krista if she eventually becomes playable. But for the mean time, I'll stick with Petra.


Annie Leonhardt wrote:You can't just stop making people to play as her only for you, and the main reason it's because it doesn't make sense.


Easy there, Annie. Let's not put words in my mouth.

I would never stop people from playing any character in the game. I have the tendency to choose a character that people usually won't go for... but if a friend pick up Petra and ask for my help (*** As if I could teach anything LOL *** ) I would certainly help.
Cookie_Dynamics
 

Re: Character Information List

Postby Annie Leonhardt » Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:06 am

I'm not putting words in your mouth, I just meant that you don't want people to play as her so you can be unique. I get your point when you say you don't like mirror characters in game, but nerfing Petra won't help it.
Sorry if I'm being too hostile.
Annie Leonhardt
 

Re: Character Information List

Postby Cookie_Dynamics » Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:36 am

Annie Leonhardt wrote:I get your point when you say you don't like mirror characters in game, but nerfing Petra won't help it.


I think that the popularity of any character in this game depends mainly on how good they are (other factors play a role too, but not as much)...

If they are nerfed, less people will desire them. If they are buffed, more people will want to play as them.

People have a tendency to choose characters considering their performance in-game, without minding too much with their looks/personality/purpose in the story. This is the logical course of action since it's part of the human nature to look for achievements and victory. The easiest way to get there is to have a proper tool (character in game).

Just look at Jean's popularity on public servers. I doubt the proportion of fans stays even close when we compare to the manga/anime series...

**Not really a spoiler, just a side note**
Spoiler:
I know many Jean players are truly fans of him. His character is a great example of blooming awareness and self-improvement. For that reason, he's one of my favorites in the series.

However, my point is that his fan base ratio is much smaller than the jean players ratio we have
Cookie_Dynamics
 

Re: Character Information List

Postby Levvuny » Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:39 am

About Jean
Have you seen tumblr? PRetty much all they talk about in snk is Jean, his base-ratio is huge. Just btw
Levvuny
 

Re: Character Information List

Postby Cookie_Dynamics » Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:43 am

LeviTheHappyBunny wrote:
About Jean
Have you seen tumblr? PRetty much all they talk about in snk is Jean, his base-ratio is huge. Just btw


Would you agree with me if I say that Mikasa's fan base is larger?

Edit:---------

Also, just to be clear...

I even said on my previous comment that "his character is a great example of blooming awareness and self-improvement. For that reason, he's one of my favorites in the series."

I never meant to say Jean's fan base is small. I apologize if it sounded like I was saying that.

Now that I'm re-reading my last comment I can see I could have worded my ideas better.

PS: I hope people didn't misunderstand me here, I'm seeing this as a friendly conversation, not a heated discussion... The last thing I would want here is to have a few people turning a bad eye in my direction.

People can and will play with whatever character they want. My first post here was just to explain why I chose Petra, that was about it.
Last edited by Cookie_Dynamics on Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cookie_Dynamics
 

Re: Character Information List

Postby Accelevi » Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:01 am

Petra is a great character, she's just a bit slow.
Image

Sig courtesy of Zarythe <3

C A D E A U X
User avatar
Accelevi
« Administrator »
 
Posts: 13049
Joined: Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:59 pm

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron