Stereotypical Character Players

( ̄ε(# ̄)☆╰╮Every thing about the game.o( ̄皿 ̄///)
- Made by Feng, title edited by Accelevi

Re: Stereotypical Character Players

Postby ToxicPaste » Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:42 am

Something to add to Jean. People who play as him say they use him for the gas usage or the blade length. But in reality they are victim grabs all the time, and then escape death to continue to get 150:0 K/D ratios.
ToxicPaste

Postby brate » Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:18 am

ToxicPaste wrote:Something to add to Jean. People who play as him say they use him for the gas usage or the blade length. But in reality they are victim grabs all the time, and then escape death to continue to get 150:0 K/D ratios.

Makes sense. When getting 150 kills the thing you profit the most of is 1 death less rather than having to refill 10 times less and more range when killing.
Grab escape most certainly is the reason people use him.

If it really were the escape, Jean players would be playing Eren.
brate

Postby Accelevi » Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:22 pm

But Jean has practically double gas while Eren has 100%, and he uses it at 110% the rate of normal usage.
I actually don't really even bother with the escape much, and I use him for the long blades which are convenient, and the gas, because my current style of play wastes it like there's no tomorrow.

Sig courtesy of Zarythe <3

C A D E A U X
Accelevi
« Administrator »

Postby Terramort » Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:42 pm

Jean is a combination of things that make him OP - longest reach with his blades, double gas (not 10x the gas, as the poster above me believes), and his grab escape that starts off with no cooldown and essentially doubles his K/D ratio in Forest III (because of respawning). A few small changes would much better the balance the characters and make Jean much less "top tier".

- His blades should instead be shortened to match Eren's, since they are nearly the same height (hence why Jean doubles for Eren). Increase Marco's blades to be the size Jean's are now.

- All characters should gain a chargeable grab escape (killing X Titans reduces your special cooldown/increases adrenaline/whatever), but Jean should start with his escape already charged and an easier charge rate for the escape.

- This would allow him to gain a regular special - maybe a short "speech" where he waves his swords and everyone around him gain a boost to points (useful if Titans ever gain HP), or some similar allied player buff that compliments his "lone-wolf" playstyle.

- Give a light buff to each of the other characters (Allow Marco and Armin's special to be used in air, increase Petra, Sasha, and Mikasa's speed, give Armin and Sasha some sort of passive, allow Armin and Marco's special to be used on the Female Titan, albiet much shorter in duration (stop and stare instead of laugh/aggro Marco for only a few seconds)

- Give a light gas buff to some of the slower characters. Armin runs out of gas terribly fast compared to Levi and Jean, due to having to use much more gas to cover the same distance. Remove Jean's gas buff slightly (maybe 15%).

Jean's usefulness comes from a combination of having both the longest blades in the game with double the gas of anyone in the game with a way to escape one of the more annoying bullshit deaths (magnet hand grabs). Keep his gas, move the blades to someone else, and make it possible for everyone to grab escape, but keep Jean the best at it. On the Titan's end, if HP is added, the damage-dealing specials (levicopter, etc.) will become very important short range, and Jean's special to boost allies damage would be a nice bonus for teams.

End result will be Jean being very good with gas (good for players who like to use gas), but the longest blade will end up on a "weaker" character, allowing Marco to score kills from slightly further away. Essentially, the two most important best stats won't be one character, making everyone a little more equal instead of a towering obvious-best.
Terramort

Postby Accelevi » Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:06 pm

Wait, by "poster above me", you mean brate? He's just exaggerating.
His gas should most definitely be toned down to 150%, give maybe a 1 minute pre-"charge" needed perhaps to escape (this part, not sure about).
All blades could be somewhat longer (for shorter blades) and shorter (for longer ones).
Eren's reach is still good.
A chargeable escape is a no.
He doesn't need another special. At all.
Not every character needs to have a passive, Marco/Armin's special would need to be limited on FT (she covers her nape or something for duration).
Slight gas buff to weaker characters is fine.

C A D E A U X
Accelevi
« Administrator »

Postby Wheaters » Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:55 pm

Terramort wrote:Jean is a combination of things that make him OP - longest reach with his blades, double gas (not 10x the gas, as the poster above me believes), and his grab escape that starts off with no cooldown and essentially doubles his K/D ratio in Forest III (because of respawning). A few small changes would much better the balance the characters and make Jean much less "top tier".

- His blades should instead be shortened to match Eren's, since they are nearly the same height (hence why Jean doubles for Eren). Increase Marco's blades to be the size Jean's are now.

- All characters should gain a chargeable grab escape (killing X Titans reduces your special cooldown/increases adrenaline/whatever), but Jean should start with his escape already charged and an easier charge rate for the escape.

- This would allow him to gain a regular special - maybe a short "speech" where he waves his swords and everyone around him gain a boost to points (useful if Titans ever gain HP), or some similar allied player buff that compliments his "lone-wolf" playstyle.

- Give a light buff to each of the other characters (Allow Marco and Armin's special to be used in air, increase Petra, Sasha, and Mikasa's speed, give Armin and Sasha some sort of passive, allow Armin and Marco's special to be used on the Female Titan, albiet much shorter in duration (stop and stare instead of laugh/aggro Marco for only a few seconds)

- Give a light gas buff to some of the slower characters. Armin runs out of gas terribly fast compared to Levi and Jean, due to having to use much more gas to cover the same distance. Remove Jean's gas buff slightly (maybe 15%).

Jean's usefulness comes from a combination of having both the longest blades in the game with double the gas of anyone in the game with a way to escape one of the more annoying bullshit deaths (magnet hand grabs). Keep his gas, move the blades to someone else, and make it possible for everyone to grab escape, but keep Jean the best at it. On the Titan's end, if HP is added, the damage-dealing specials (levicopter, etc.) will become very important short range, and Jean's special to boost allies damage would be a nice bonus for teams.

End result will be Jean being very good with gas (good for players who like to use gas), but the longest blade will end up on a "weaker" character, allowing Marco to score kills from slightly further away. Essentially, the two most important best stats won't be one character, making everyone a little more equal instead of a towering obvious-best.

- Eren is a good bit shorter than Jean, he was chosen only because he was one of the only males not essential to the mission - Jean's blade length should be reduced since he is not the tallest in the available characters, the tallest right now is Marco
- No to having everyone get a grab escape
- No to any kind of ability that makes others faster, that is a pretty useless ability other than very specific and lucky situations.
Wheaters

Postby MiistaRichio » Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:06 pm

I never use Levi special, only for the R-spin. Idk, dont think that move is noob ? ^^.
MiistaRichio

Postby Connorhere » Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:32 pm

I'm all for Marco having the longest blades, he's my favourite, at the moment i find his already long blade length to be very useful but Jean just steals his spotlight. Also he definitely need some kind of buff to him, since he was literally made for multiplayer as everyone already knows. As for Armin i'd love for his special to work on Female, if Armin is on the FT Map he could scream at FT like the way he caught her attention on the plains, momentarily making her pause to contemplate what happened. I wouldn't say it should be a 1-time use, maybe just a decently long cooldown. Obviously Annie wouldn't fall for the same trick twice but Armin needs the buff guys.
Connorhere

Postby Annie Leonhardt » Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:15 pm

The best option is to switch Jean's blades lenght with Marco's.
I don't see the reason why FT would pay attention to Marco. She is not as dumb as the casual titan.
The stun Armin gives to her should be 1-2 seconds, or longer (she covers her nape) and you can go for the ankles.
Marco's special should work only in case if he's closer to the titan than the player the titan aggroed.
Character's arms lenght is not based 100% on how tall is it.
Annie Leonhardt

Postby Accelevi » Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:34 pm

Arm length is proportional to the body in most cases.

C A D E A U X
Accelevi
« Administrator »

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion