Played online for the first time

( ̄ε(# ̄)☆╰╮Every thing about the game.o( ̄皿 ̄///)
- Made by Feng, title edited by Accelevi

Re: PLayed online for the first time

Postby iavas » Sun Feb 02, 2014 2:18 am

Khally wrote:Three months? I was easily clearing Old Level 2 on Normal within my first week or two. Maybe you didn't start off right :?

Yeah, probably. I was never all that good at games though.

Zinrius wrote:I suppose some people are more receptive than others when it comes to learning.

But don't ever let yourself be your biggest obstacle, even if you're bad at something you have to create a fake confidence that'll eventually turn real and keep going at it.

Right now, I'm confident enough that I know I can do what this guy does in the following video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J666B1YKJ6k

I'm currently practicing the precision needed to achieve this level of game play, there ain't nothing that'll stop me from doing so.

That's true, there's no way you can "win" if you keep losing to yourself.

That speed and precision though. It must have taken so much time and effort for them to get to where they are.

Good luck to you then, and you definitely have to show it off once you get it. :D
iavas

Re: Played online for the first time

Postby Accelevi » Sun Feb 02, 2014 4:03 pm

Find out what style of play fits you, look over it, see how you could refine, practice in Forest or City, depending on which you like more.
Study results, refine more, practice more.

And here's a lesson someone very experienced taught me, or two:
1. Don't ever be negative about yourself.
Believe in yourself, you are what you say.

2. Just go for it.
Even if it seems like you can't, just try it. There's only two things that can happen.
You make it or you don't.
And learning from luck helps too.
And going for the extra reach instead of shying back helps you push forward and get better.

Sig courtesy of Zarythe <3

C A D E A U X
Accelevi
« Administrator »

Postby Annie Leonhardt » Sun Feb 02, 2014 4:58 pm

I could finish city2 in my first two weeks, I think you also need talent for this.
City2 hard in my first 3 weeks.
Anyway, what's the most important is to be positive.
Just try, you know, practice makes perfect.
Annie Leonhardt

Postby Zinrius » Sun Feb 02, 2014 7:57 pm

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention something critical about learning new things

"Don't be afraid to fail"

Don't be afraid of dying by a Titan trying something new that to YOU wouldn't seem like common sense because eventually it will click and you'll learn from it.

But the fear of failing has to go out the window in order to learn new things.
Zinrius

Postby iavas » Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:50 pm

@Makoto/Accel/What do I call you? orz
Thank you for the tips. I don't think I've ever had someone explain the reasoning for the second one, so that was really helpful.

Zinrius wrote:But the fear of failing has to go out the window in order to learn new things.

I second this so hard. I remember when I first started, I would always be super careful around titans because I didn't want to die. Once I gave up on that idea, I actually made progress. :lol:
iavas

Postby Liam » Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:59 am

My first online experience for this game was before the Public Servers were implemented and I wasn't as good as I am now. xD
Though, the people I played with were so nice and willing to help you out if you had any problems understanding any aspects of the game.
Now most of the people I play with get so angry at me when I'm "killing too many titans". Yesterday, a host of a server called me gay and quit the server.. then went on to create a server called "****OFFLIAM". How nice.
Liam

Postby Noodler » Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:18 am

Liam, just play on abnormal publics, there they're just grateful that you save their asses 24/7 instead. :lol:
Noodler

Postby hsin75 » Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:39 am

Or wait till they all die and you finish the wave.....
hsin75

Postby Zinrius » Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:48 am

hsin75 wrote:Or wait till they all die and you finish the wave.....

^

You'll get the best reactions doing this
Zinrius

Postby Liam » Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:53 pm

Noodler wrote:Liam, just play on abnormal publics, there they're just grateful that you save their asses 24/7 instead. :lol:

The majority don't play on abnormal and when I find a server, I either get demolished by the 20 titans coming after me because everyone is dead except me, or I suffer excessive lag.
Liam

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion