Question about the games popularity

( ̄ε(# ̄)☆╰╮Every thing about the game.o( ̄皿 ̄///)
- Made by Feng, title edited by Accelevi

Re: Question about the games popularity

Postby DarioEMeloD » Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:36 pm

My brothers and some cousins that are fans of the series know about the game 'cause they've seen me play, but none of them is actually interested in it :c
DarioEMeloD

Postby Z.E.D » Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:53 pm

DarioEMeloD wrote:My brothers and some cousins that are fans of the series know about the game 'cause they've seen me play, but none of them is actually interested in it :c

Yes they are : they just tried it and were killed multiple times by a crawler XD
Z.E.D

Postby Thirdkazekage » Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:16 pm

I got a few of my classmates to play it, one of them got bored of it, but the rest are still into it.
Regarding Isayama (hopefully) giving a shout out to the game, that means more people will play, more people will get interested, which means: More work for Mr. Feng here because he has to keep up with the growing fanbase, satisfying there ideas,and making big updates (which takes long). :lol:
Thirdkazekage

Postby RamenRyu » Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:27 pm

I got 3 of my friends to play it *but it took a while to convert them* It was hard for them at first becuase they game was hard to get used too
RamenRyu

Postby Z.E.D » Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:48 pm

RamenRyu wrote:I got 3 of my friends to play it *but it took a while to convert them* It was hard for them at first becuase they game was hard to get used too

yeah I see why , i you haven't played the game since the update before the gas , it can take a lot of getting used to
Z.E.D

Postby Wheaters » Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:50 am

I'm scared for this game's future. There was a game I was really into called Toribash and it's life span is fair warning of what might to come of aottg's popularity. The games are so a like in the aspects the game focuses on and the fanbase. Based on how Toribash's popularity went, i'm going to give a rough estimation of what I think this game is going. Either someone HUGE on youtube or twitch will begin playing it and it'll have a huge boost in popularity, but will ultimately die off because of the lack of good features and will become something those people only play when major updates come out. Or no one extremely popular will play it and it will slowly lose popularity until season 2 of the anime comes out, but after that the game will slowly drift away until season 3 or will drift away forever, becoming a game where only a really loyal fanbase plays it. Again, at least that is how Toribash went, there just wasn't enough to do in the game to keep it afloat. Bottom line, Feng needs big help from an outside source, the main reason Toribash failed in my opinion is that the creators focused on adding as much stuff as possible instead of improving the existing features and it's seeming like this game is going down that same route. There is still a lot of hope since the games popularity is supported by the show's popularity and the show is the most popular thing to come to anime in years. It's a big circle, anime gets popular, game gets popular, gamers get into the anime, making the anime more popular, making the game more popular, rinse repeat.
Wheaters

Postby Azure Sky » Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:02 pm

Z.E.D wrote:
Arise7 wrote:Well the game is extremely popular by fanmade standards but no on AAA title levels.

*cough* terrible 3DS game *cough*

I've watched footage of the FT battle/final boss level, what a disappointment indeed

Well most games of Movie and Series end up sucking so much that you want to throw the game out the window and fire a flamethrower at it untill the ground around the box has been destroyed and the remains have fallen to the depths of the earth never to see the light of day again.
But thats just my opinion.
Azure Sky

Postby Z.E.D » Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:20 pm

Wheaters wrote:I'm scared for this game's future. There was a game I was really into called Toribash and it's life span is fair warning of what might to come of aottg's popularity. The games are so a like in the aspects the game focuses on and the fanbase. Based on how Toribash's popularity went, i'm going to give a rough estimation of what I think this game is going. Either someone HUGE on youtube or twitch will begin playing it and it'll have a huge boost in popularity, but will ultimately die off because of the lack of good features and will become something those people only play when major updates come out. Or no one extremely popular will play it and it will slowly lose popularity until season 2 of the anime comes out, but after that the game will slowly drift away until season 3 or will drift away forever, becoming a game where only a really loyal fanbase plays it. Again, at least that is how Toribash went, there just wasn't enough to do in the game to keep it afloat. Bottom line, Feng needs big help from an outside source, the main reason Toribash failed in my opinion is that the creators focused on adding as much stuff as possible instead of improving the existing features and it's seeming like this game is going down that same route. There is still a lot of hope since the games popularity is supported by the show's popularity and the show is the most popular thing to come to anime in years. It's a big circle, anime gets popular, game gets popular, gamers get into the anime, making the anime more popular, making the game more popular, rinse repeat.

yhsi si so accurate , a lot of pretty famous youtubers play i on a regualr basis , so as long as feng updates the game like once a month with major changes every time ( not boss battle but like gameplay features , new characters , music ? maybe someday , titan's appearance)

But yeah the problem is feng refusing outside help , I know there are scumbags out there but he's gonna lose a lot of talented people , who might end up making their own game , like Zulthus.... http://crimsonbowstudios.com/

His work is at the beginning but aesthetically it starts lightyears above aottg . Zulthus is learinng from this game's flaws to perfect his own
Z.E.D

Postby Arise7 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:55 pm

I hope you odn't judge a game by 3models but the actually gameplay, until Zulthus actually has a playable game instead of just 3d models and a map he isn't lightyears ahead of anyone.
Arise7

Postby Z.E.D » Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:01 pm

Arise7 wrote:I hope you odn't judge a game by 3models but the actually gameplay, until Zulthus actually has a playable game instead of just 3d models and a map he isn't lightyears ahead of anyone.

I meant aesthetically, it's pretty obvious that he's better at map making and design in general , of course he isn't good at coding or we'd already have a functioning game.

It wasn't mean to be a game until a few weeks ago, but he said he's found a guy to do the 3DMG.

But yeah If he manages to pull it off it could be pretty cool :D
Z.E.D

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion