Your Control Set here!

( ̄ε(# ̄)☆╰╮Every thing about the game.o( ̄皿 ̄///)
- Made by Feng, title edited by Accelevi

Re: Your Control Set here!

Postby Doge » Sun Feb 23, 2014 6:09 am

Default settings. not that hard just have to get used to it
Doge

Postby SnK Tailex » Sun Feb 23, 2014 6:21 am

Lowest quality, tilt, and I have default controls besides "dodge" which I switched to the "G" key.
SnK Tailex

Postby Ikaros » Mon Feb 24, 2014 1:14 am

left mouse - left hook
right mouse - right hook
middle mouse - dual hook
Side mouse 1 - change blades
side mouse 2 - special
space - attack
everything else is default

having hooks on the mouse makes getting around a lot easier, and since i usually use jean or sasha, theres no need to spam the special button. changing blades is just convenient to me as i kept accidentally hitting T on single player. Space is a lot easier to time attacks with as well.
Ikaros

Postby Zeb » Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:10 am

Left Hook: Left mouse
Right Hook: Right mouse
Both Hooks: middle mouse
Attack: Q
Special : E
Evade: V
Jump: Space
(TPS Camera)
Zeb

Postby AttilaThePun » Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:50 pm

I tried setting the hooks to the mouse buttons, but then it becomes impossible to reel in with both hooks attached. I also have a naga mouse, but I don't use any of its side buttons. Instead of using it for that, I play the game in a browser I don't normally use (firefox) and tell razer to turn the sensitivity far down when I'm in firefox. That way, I can turn the sensitivity all the way up in game to increase the camera turn speed (I play on original) while still having a normal mouse sensitivity.

I also remapped jump/gas to space because it's just too strange to have jump anywhere else, and I switched both hooks to tab.

Edit to add: Oh, and I keep camera tilt on. It was hard to get used to, but now it makes the game feel more real.
AttilaThePun

Postby Connorhere » Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:03 pm

I use default controls, i never really bothered to change them so they were more fit for me so during the beginner learning process that everybody has when learning how the fuck to play AOTTG i sort of just easily adapted. Apparently i must have a strong pinky since certain people have issues pressing the gas key with default controls.

@Doge Also nice that i've managed to inspired you. (your sig)
Connorhere

Postby TreeRover » Sat Mar 01, 2014 5:37 pm

For my controls they are
Jump = Tab
W A S D Q E are the same
Reel in= Mouse 2 (middle button)
Dodge = Left CTRL
I have the jump on Tab only because its closer to the W A S D Q E which makes it easier to maneuver around ingame :P
TreeRover

Postby Rumple » Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:01 am

If you haven't noticed, I play leftie. :3
Rumple

Postby Fragile » Tue Mar 04, 2014 6:47 am

I use the Mouse Button hook setup. By default I actually use my index finger on the lmb and my ring finger on the right, so my middle finger is on the mouse wheel.

The only complaint I have is that I can't manually set Left SHIFT as Attack. It would make attacking so much easier for me.

Thinking about it, the control scheme seems to save itself as a file on your computer. Is it bannable to talk about changing the values? I wouldn't consider that a "mod" per se, but as long as I have the idea, I'd better get some clarification before I get myself in real trouble.
Fragile

Postby Rumple » Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:24 am

Rumple wrote:Image

If you haven't noticed, I play leftie. :3

I suppose it would also make sense to assign controls to 1,2, and 3 since I'm mainly using the keypad. I'm not sure specifically what though.

Fragile wrote:I use the Mouse Button hook setup. By default I actually use my index finger on the lmb and my ring finger on the right, so my middle finger is on the mouse wheel.

The only complaint I have is that I can't manually set Left SHIFT as Attack. It would make attacking so much easier for me.

Thinking about it, the control scheme seems to save itself as a file on your computer. Is it bannable to talk about changing the values? I wouldn't consider that a "mod" per se, but as long as I have the idea, I'd better get some clarification before I get myself in real trouble.

I've never heard about accessing the controls file, other than through the settings in the menu.
Rumple

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion