Co-Op's dead

( ̄ε(# ̄)☆╰╮Every thing about the game.o( ̄皿 ̄///)
- Made by Feng, title edited by Accelevi

Co-Op's dead

Postby Someone Legit » Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:14 pm

So yeah, I was looking at Pallmal's post (viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6989) and I must say it's pretty cool and all but something struck me. Why would we need battle plans and strategies? I mean, the whole "hey let's kill that titan together!" thing and cooperation in general gets pretty useless when you can solo a titan by yourself doesn't it?
I've personally never used any kind of strategy when i'm playing (mostly because i played on public servers) but it all worked out pretty well if the players were good enough. Everybody killed their own titans, if we happened to see someone getting grabbed we saved him and if we saw a big group or anything dangerous we put up some red flares.
If Feng Lee made a map / mode where cooperation was essential and nobody could go lone wolf, sure, we would need strategies and the like. However, the way the game is right now, experienced players can even take on groups of titans by themselves and not come even close to dying. (not me, 6+ is just impossible)
Anyway, point is; the people who spend enough time to even care about these posts can handle pretty much whatever you throw at them. Cooperation's just an extra - advance battle strategies might even be less than that.
Someone Legit

Re: Co-Op's dead

Postby HIT0SHI » Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:51 pm

It is true that some of us can hold are own and most often than not turns into Deathmatch where everyone goes into Lonewolf mode and does their own thing.
But sometimes it can be overwhelming to have 4+ Titans/Aberants at the same time in which teamwork may be desired to even the odds.
So to have a certain game plan to follow and where you have a back-up plan when things get hairy is nice to rely on, that is if that players actually follow it through of course.
HIT0SHI

Postby Horseface » Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:53 pm

Someone Legit wrote:So yeah, I was looking at Pallmal's post (viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6989) and I must say it's pretty cool and all but something struck me. Why would we need battle plans and strategies? I mean, the whole "hey let's kill that titan together!" thing and cooperation in general gets pretty useless when you can solo a titan by yourself doesn't it?
I've personally never used any kind of strategy when i'm playing (mostly because i played on public servers) but it all worked out pretty well if the players were good enough.

Someone Legit wrote:..the way the game is right now, experienced players can even take on groups of titans by themselves..

I agree, and with that i mean: The game is far to easy right now. More intelligent, less predictable titans however, would make strategies necessary.
It's completely dependend on titans strength/dangerousness.
But hopefully the game will get harder with future updates. If killing a titan was as hard as it is in the manga/anime, than it would be just right. (For example, when even experienced players could rarely get more than 25 kills in a row.) At least thats how I see it. ;>
And then Pallmalls Battleplan-thingy would be very useful.
Last edited by Horseface on Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Horseface

Postby Someone Legit » Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:03 pm

I agree with horseface, the game needs to get harder, but i personally believe it should be done in a way that promotes co-op (no idea how that could be done though :P)
HIT0SHI wrote:It is true that some of us can hold are own and most often than not turns into Deathmatch where everyone goes into Lonewolf mode and does their own thing.
But sometimes it can be overwhelming to have 4+ Titans/Aberants at the same time in which teamwork may be desired to even the odds.
So to have a certain game plan to follow and where you have a back-up plan when things get hairy is nice to rely on, that is if that players actually follow it through of course.

And Hitoshi, the scenario you described is what i said earlier. Big group = call for help = red flare ; nothing more than that, there is no real sense of teamwork or whatever.
And even supposing that there is a so called "game plan", people with no experience (those that need help to kill titans) would not be able to actually take part in it. It would be safe to assume that at least one would screw up due to his inexperience (the thing that made him need assistance in the first place) and get himself and/or others killed.

EDIT : (In response to Hitoshi's post below, too bored to make a new post) Well yeah, just putting up a red flare and then waiting for more people isn't exactly "cooperation". Say for example that 1 guy comes because he saw your flare - you won't act as a team to take them out faster (even thought that is the end result), you just know that there is a guy to save you if you get grabbed and you feel a little safer.
The only time i ever did a "team" kill (which means not 2 of us VS 1 titan) was when we both had a clear route to the neck of each other's titans and we simply did it. Indeed, it felt awesome, one of my best moments, but that only happened by chance. It needs a damn lot of luck to be in that scenario.
Last edited by Someone Legit on Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:29 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Someone Legit

Postby HIT0SHI » Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:15 pm

Calling for help with flairs to team up against the titans is "no sense of teamwork" as in no team work what so ever? Im confused... :C
As for someone who needs help to kill titans due to their inexperience, said plan can part take on them to avoid titans and aggro them for the more expirenced to take them out from behind for example.
That way, they'll aquire expirence from it to memorize their paterns so they could able to ease in the game. Maybe even to train them to get better using the 3DMG.
HIT0SHI

Postby Accelevi » Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:20 pm

Titan AI needs a huge, tremendous boost.

Sig courtesy of Zarythe <3

C A D E A U X
Accelevi
« Administrator »

Postby Noodler » Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:17 pm

Nobody said you need strategies for a single titan.
Try taking down all 20 waves on abnormal by just screwing around, though.
Noodler

Postby Tiddlyfisher » Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:25 am

The game is still getting major content added with every update, can you really expect the cooperation to be top notch?

Let's wait for bug fixes and character balancing before tackling the multiplayer.
Tiddlyfisher

Postby Wheaters » Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:55 am

I know exactly what you mean, in public mode I just see how many times I can double everyone's kills and when someone who is actually good at the game plays with me I make a point to steal all of their titans for even daring to challenge my dominance in the public servers, lol. It's just a big game of kill steal in the public servers.
Wheaters

Re:

Postby Terramort » Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:32 am

Tiddlyfisher wrote:The game is still getting major content added with every update, can you really expect the cooperation to be top notch?

Let's wait for bug fixes and character balancing before tackling the multiplayer.

We've been *waiting* for bugfixes for months now. Ghost hook bug? Still there. Magnet hands? Stalling when touching a wall when using gas? Reeling pulling you straight down the cable instead of reeling? What needs to be done is:

1. Fix bugs.

2. Revamps 3DMG to be more accurate to the show (gas boosts, air reloading of blades, weaker blades, realistic reeling, a few more varied attacks, the ability to lock cables)

3. Revamp the Titans to be more accurate to the show (don't use smash attacks, only fast + accurate grabs, fingers and ankles are attackable, all body parts have HP)

4. Add fall damage.

The game is then no longer about lightly landing on the nape of a Titan and cutting through a foot+ of leathery skin with a flick of the wrist, but instead about carefully placing your hooks, causing maximum damage, against an enemy that uses fair and powerful - but not smammy predictable - attacks. Cable tangibility would really help, too.
Last edited by Terramort on Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Terramort

Next

Return to General Discussion