Co-Op's dead

( ̄ε(# ̄)☆╰╮Every thing about the game.o( ̄皿 ̄///)
- Made by Feng, title edited by Accelevi

Re: Co-Op's dead

Postby Azure Sky » Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:06 pm

Wheaters wrote:I know exactly what you mean, in public mode I just see how many times I can double everyone's kills and when someone who is actually good at the game plays with me I make a point to steal all of their titans for even daring to challenge my dominance in the public servers, lol. It's just a big game of kill steal in the public servers.

I take that as a challenge... Challenge accepted.

The game does use tactics weather you like it or not. From something like what MalPall did to saying what different flares mean when playing in a public server. While the game is a bit too easy right now, that doesn't mean we don't use tactics.
Azure Sky

Postby Someone Legit » Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:54 pm

Noodler wrote:Nobody said you need strategies for a single titan.
Try taking down all 20 waves on abnormal by just screwing around, though.

(took some time to reply but well - too many exams, too little time)
Noodler, my point was that once you are able to handle 3+ titans on your own (or even 1-2), you generally don't need anybody's help to do your business. I'm not just referring to single titans, but small groups as well. Having people zip around the map as scouts, others distracting titans, others killing those titans, another guy directing all of that - it's too much. If you're in trouble you just put up and red flare and that's it. People come, people help & then it's over. Also please don't bring up the Abnormal mode, that shit is insane x.x
Someone Legit

Postby Azure Sky » Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:33 pm

Someone Legit wrote:

Noodler, my point was that once you are able to handle 3+ titans on your own (or even 1-2), you generally don't need anybody's help to do your business. I'm not just referring to single titans, but small groups as well. Having people zip around the map as scouts, others distracting titans, others killing those titans, another guy directing all of that - it's too much. If you're in trouble you just put up and red flare and that's it. People come, people help & then it's over. Also please don't bring up the Abnormal mode, that shit is insane x.x

So you are saying that there is no need for co-op and tactics and when you get co-op and tactics you says it is too hard?
What? Abnormal makes it hard enough so that if you want to win consistantly or even win at all you need a little bit of tactics and stratagy, and that is wrong?

Please explain this...
Azure Sky

Postby brate » Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:05 pm

"Guys I'm playing chess co-ops ded"

The game is structured to make single players be able to do lots of shit, but for big things like Abnormal21 you need something like a strategy.
Why do you want to force team-gameplay on a game that isn't a teamgame in the first place?
The game got so big because EVERYONE can feel like hot shit killing one titan after the other.
Your teammates (like in LoL, WoW-Arena, whatever) can't fuck you up completely and you are somewhat independent from them.

Why are so many people focused on making the game team-based? Do you need an excuse for not killing titans or what?
brate

Postby Accelevi » Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:07 pm

Somewhat independent is good.
This game's too easy, which is why it's so independent.
Because codependency or whatever is completely pointless.

Sig courtesy of Zarythe <3

C A D E A U X
Accelevi
« Administrator »

Postby Noodler » Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:10 pm

Someone Legit wrote:

I've used strategies such as splitting a group with a mate, or having him distract the titans while I kill the ones from behind. I don't see how this is not teamwork.
Noodler

Postby brate » Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:15 pm

Makoto wrote:Somewhat independent is good.
This game's too easy, which is why it's so independent.
Because codependency or whatever is completely pointless.

Independent from others =/= Easy
Dependent on others =/= Hard

The game is not too easy. People say this all the time, I have yet to understand why.
Just because I can go 100/0 or something on Hard doesn't mean it's easy. It means, I am that good.

Every game has people wrecking it completely after a time, it's just natural.
You can't keep increasing the difficulty because the top people are doing so good.

There's people beating Dark Souls in 1 hour, but for every guy like that there is thousands of people that struggle to even beat the game.
Same thing here.
brate

Postby Accelevi » Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:20 pm

100/0 on Hard is that you're good, but the game is also easy.

And yes, there are top people who curb stomp it, but you can still push it up a good bit without ruining it.
And then at that point, leave the older ones or whatnot, and boost the higher ones, and boost the lower ones more gradually or something.
10500posts

Sig courtesy of Zarythe <3

C A D E A U X
Accelevi
« Administrator »

Postby Noodler » Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:23 pm

I agree with Brate, just about all of my friends irl quit the game because it's already hard as hell to get into.
Unless it's a pvp game, there will be top players that make the game look too easy, that's just gaming.
Noodler

Postby brate » Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:26 pm

Makoto wrote:100/0 on Hard is that you're good, but the game is also easy.

Do I have to die for the game to be hard? It's like saying just because there's people climbing the Mt. Everest without getting injured, that it's easy.
There's people getting their shit kicked in in huge numbers. Also since now we only have the Forum for input, you have the somewhat better people posting.
Public average level is a whole other story.

Makoto wrote:And yes, there are top people who curb stomp it, but you can still push it up a good bit without ruining it.

This I am cool with, adding a new Titan attack here or there so there is less dead-zones. I'm all for that.
But making titans only beatable when there's 3 others there to help you? That's just fucked up m8
brate

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion