Co-Op's dead

( ̄ε(# ̄)☆╰╮Every thing about the game.o( ̄皿 ̄///)
- Made by Feng, title edited by Accelevi

Re: Co-Op's dead

Postby Accelevi » Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:31 pm

Right now, it's like saying practically everyone can climb a mountain, a few can't, and some can climb Everest.
And so that apparently means climbing mountains is easy, according to you.
Public average level is pretty much crap because they never actually bother to learn or get better, or actually get better.

You don't need multiple Titans to HAVE to beat it, but it should make it easier, but taking on one by yourself should be more difficult, and then taking on groups should be a challenge.
And Titans really shouldn't have any blindspots. If they can reach it, they should be able to grab/hit there.

Sig courtesy of Zarythe <3

C A D E A U X
Accelevi
« Administrator »

Postby Someone Legit » Sat Mar 01, 2014 12:21 pm

Azure Sky wrote:
Someone Legit wrote:(took some time to reply but well - too many exams, too little time)
Noodler, my point was that once you are able to handle 3+ titans on your own (or even 1-2), you generally don't need anybody's help to do your business. I'm not just referring to single titans, but small groups as well. Having people zip around the map as scouts, others distracting titans, others killing those titans, another guy directing all of that - it's too much. If you're in trouble you just put up and red flare and that's it. People come, people help & then it's over. Also please don't bring up the Abnormal mode, that shit is insane x.x

So you are saying that there is no need for co-op and tactics and when you get co-op and tactics you says it is too hard?
What? Abnormal makes it hard enough so that if you want to win consistantly or even win at all you need a little bit of tactics and stratagy, and that is wrong?

Please explain this...

Yeah, I suck pretty bad at explaining things. Anyway, as a lot of people have said (not just here, I've seen people saying that all over the place) the game's too easy atm. With some skill {Quote: ...once you are able to handle 3+ titans on your own (or even 1-2)... } you can take on several titans at once and come out unscathed. If they're too many = red flare, if not = no red flare. So in normal (and sometimes hard) there is no need to call for help (same thing for battle plans), in hard you just have to be a hell lot more careful, BUT in abnormal (shit's still insane) the titans are simply so damn fast that you don't even have the time to call for help. Even with battle plans, the "Scout" coming to help you would probably rush it in order to get there faster and get munched

PS: Pretty much what Accel said in the post above, some people are way too good and some are way too bad (i fall somewhere above the middle) It'd be pretty cool if the "good" players also had to think about how they'd go kill a titan instead of just hooking and reeling like a robot. After a while the process becomes automatic and the game gets stale :/
Someone Legit

Postby Azure Sky » Sat Mar 01, 2014 3:15 pm

Well, that means you can make a battleplan where (for example) players are fairly close together in groups of around 2-3 then spread the teams around the map, if they are in trouble then they can move to the nearest person to them (if they are not already dead) and get help from them. I hope I explained that well.

Abnormal is a way to force you to use tactics, no matter how basic. and if you die too fast in abnormal to run, for help then you need some practice.
Azure Sky

Postby Someone Legit » Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:00 pm

Someone Legit wrote:
Yeah, I suck pretty bad at explaining things.

I'll write this very short so that I don't get out of topic.
Normal = Slow and predictable titans, easy enough for average players, no need for battle plans or teams.
Hard = Fast but predictable titans, a lot more abnormals (and jumpers), a nice challenge for average players, possible need for teams if not a really good player.
Abnormal, fast and frightening titans, 90% abnormal jumpers, an impossible challenge for average players, definite need for teams but pace is too fast. If not an experienced player = instant death.
Moral Lesson (not the correct expression but it's that best thing i can think of :3) :
In normal there is absolutely no need for teams unless half the team is composed of newbies,
in Hard one may need team help but that can be settled with a red flare and
in abnormal, you're either so good that you can hold your own ground or you're not that good and you die in a matter of seconds.
Someone Legit

Postby Accelevi » Sun Mar 02, 2014 3:13 pm

What you said above for Hard is too easy.

C A D E A U X
Accelevi
« Administrator »

Postby hsin75 » Sun Mar 02, 2014 3:20 pm

Makoto wrote:What you said above for Hard is too easy.

Not all people can survive Hard you know, give the less experienced people a chance.
hsin75

Postby Accelevi » Sun Mar 02, 2014 3:40 pm

Then practice on Normal.

C A D E A U X
Accelevi
« Administrator »

Postby Azure Sky » Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:03 pm

So you are saying that normal and hard needs to be MORE difficult?

I think hard maybe, but Normal would just throw the Noobs to the wolves in a way.
Azure Sky

Postby Accelevi » Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:05 pm

Then a possible scale (1-10) or something, with certain settings/traits/toggles differing/switching on or off depending on the number.
You don't need to have like a whole different difficulty per each, just have things like speed increase/decrease, certain attacks on/off, etc.

C A D E A U X
Accelevi
« Administrator »

Postby bellick » Sun Mar 02, 2014 6:55 pm

I want the titans to react to being hooked on. I'm aware that wire physics are virtually impossible to implement at this stage, so having them grab your wires would be too much to ask of Feng, but if they could at least detach your wires with their movements or change the direction of your character towards them, a lot of "pro" players would be in tremendous trouble and as such, teamwork would have to be need in order to take them out as soloing them would be certain suicide. Also, it'd make them harder to kill altogether since we would have to resort to actually using the environment like in the series to land a hit, instead of just hooking unto them and doing some practiced technique.
bellick

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion