Smacked Out of a Titan's Hand (Among Other Things)

( ̄ε(# ̄)☆╰╮Every thing about the game.o( ̄皿 ̄///)
- Made by Feng, title edited by Accelevi

Smacked Out of a Titan's Hand (Among Other Things)

Postby Tiddlyfisher » Sun Mar 09, 2014 10:09 am

Been a while since I played AOTTG, so I played today. This is basically a thread of what I experienced.

First thing I noticed is that apparently the Unity plugin is out of date. Didn't really care to update it, so I continued.

Went on normal mode, Mikasa. Forrest 2. I immediately noticed that gameplay felt very... floaty. I guess I never noticed before. The characters need a more realistic weight, I think.

But I got used to it.

Killed two normals (with difficulty, was rusty) only to turn around and be anti-aired by a crawler.

Beginner's luck has a cousin, he's called returner's curse.

So the round restarts, jump down, and immediately spot a crawler.

"Didn't I pick normal?" I think to myself.

I manage to kill it, and the other two, only to be faced with 4 runners.

I go for the closest one, and it starts to anti-air me. I kill it before it really gets off the ground, but I saw that it almost happened.

"Aren't anti-air runners in a less than 10% spawn rate for normal mode?"

Anyway, I kill the other two, and slide on the ground towards the other one, which promptly scoops me up off the ground. It wasn't even a magnet hand, it literally was a perfect scoop.
But wait, there's more.
The sparks from the slide animation keep going as I'm in the grab animation, so it looks like Mikasa is some fancy zippo lighter, just sparking off. I knew gas bursts were a thing, but sparks were new to me.

Boom, dead. Next round.

I jump to the ground, and out form behind a tree comes a crawler.

I was in a mix of shock, panic, and "fuck this shit". So I jump right towards it, hook to its face, and try to blind it.

Obviously this did not work, but, thankfully, Mikasa kinda bumped around on its face only to get bumped over its head and right at the nape, and since I was slashing constantly, it died right there.

Feeling on top of the world, I fly off in search of the other titans, go right for the nape, and immediately get grabbed. Incredible.
I sit there, watching poor Mikasa struggle for a second, and then BOOM, hardcore titan-fu crashes in, turning Mikasa to chunks of flesh.
I look up at the titan, which is still looking at its hand, wondering what just happened. It pretends to eat the air in its hand, acting as if it totally wasn't just made irrelevant by big bad titan-fu.


Titan-fu apologizes to his poor husbando, Magnethands McGee.
Magnethands acts as if he didn't hear him.
Mikasa is still dead.
Tiddlyfisher
 

 

Re: Smacked Out of a Titan's Hand (Among Other Things)

Postby Peanuts » Sun Mar 09, 2014 10:44 am

Not sure if this is a bug report, recollection of what happened, or a very good descriptive story :lol:
Peanuts
 

Re: Smacked Out of a Titan's Hand (Among Other Things)

Postby MicroDot » Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:13 am

Tiddlyfisher wrote:
Feeling on top of the world, I fly off in search of the other titans, go right for the nape, and immediately get grabbed. Incredible.
I sit there, watching poor Mikasa struggle for a second, and then BOOM, hardcore titan-fu crashes in, turning Mikasa to chunks of flesh.
I look up at the titan, which is still looking at its hand, wondering what just happened. It pretends to eat the air in its hand, acting as if it totally wasn't just made irrelevant by big bad titan-fu.




That happens to me quite frequently. :lol:
MicroDot
 

Re: Smacked Out of a Titan's Hand (Among Other Things)

Postby Dudette » Sun Mar 09, 2014 12:47 pm

THIS. This happens all the time. It's even more annoying to Jean-players who got slapped right after they got away from the grab.

By the by, if you think Mikasa's weight feels floaty, you should try using Petra. You might like her weight.

hereby the romance between titan-fu and magnethands mcgee
Magnethands: Ermahgerd I gotz yummy squishy in my hand! Imma stare at it as it struggles <3
Titan-fu: Oh you're just going to stare at it? Here lemme smack her into bloody pulp.
Dudette
 

Re: Smacked Out of a Titan's Hand (Among Other Things)

Postby Accelevi » Sun Mar 09, 2014 4:31 pm

Why wouldn't this be reasonable?

If you're grabbed, you're typically not completely grabbed, and some part of you is visible, and even if it's not, getting smacked by a huge amount of force would be lethal.
Image

Sig courtesy of Zarythe <3

C A D E A U X
User avatar
Accelevi
« Administrator »
 
Posts: 13049
Joined: Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:59 pm

Re: Smacked Out of a Titan's Hand (Among Other Things)

Postby Connorhere » Sun Mar 09, 2014 5:19 pm

I don't usually experience stuff this severe, Abnormals are pretty straight forward and are only big trouble if theres a mosh pit of them. Also pretty much every particle animation continues during the titan grab for some reason, gas, sparks, even your wires are still connected to whatever you hooked to prior.
Connorhere
 

Re: Smacked Out of a Titan's Hand (Among Other Things)

Postby Annie Leonhardt » Sun Mar 09, 2014 6:58 pm

Add wrote:Why wouldn't this be reasonable?

If you're grabbed, you're typically not completely grabbed, and some part of you is visible, and even if it's not, getting smacked by a huge amount of force would be lethal.

Yeah, but they won't aim for the head (or exposed part) and would hit the titan's hand. Even if it would still damage you, you have a little defence from the hand.
Anyway, would a titan attack you it he's sure you will die?
Annie Leonhardt
 

Postby Tiddlyfisher » Sun Mar 09, 2014 8:54 pm

Add wrote:Why wouldn't this be reasonable?

If you're grabbed, you're typically not completely grabbed, and some part of you is visible, and even if it's not, getting smacked by a huge amount of force would be lethal.


I didn't mean to say it wasn't reasonable, I was just sharing.

Although as Annie said, your entire body wouldn't be blown from the titan's hand. At least, I wouldn't think so.

Either way, I found it amusing.

Peanuts wrote:Not sure if this is a bug report, recollection of what happened, or a very good descriptive story :lol:

Basically a mix of the last too :lol:

Dudette wrote:THIS. This happens all the time. It's even more annoying to Jean-players who got slapped right after they got away from the grab.

By the by, if you think Mikasa's weight feels floaty, you should try using Petra. You might like her weight.

The worst is when you escape too early and you get grabbed again.

And I've played as all characters, but I will compare Petra to Mikasa in a second. I used to main Peta and Jean, now it's just Mikasa for the most part. Jean is still great to use, though.

Dudette wrote:
hereby the romance between titan-fu and magnethands mcgee
Magnethands: Ermahgerd I gotz yummy squishy in my hand! Imma stare at it as it struggles <3
Titan-fu: Oh you're just going to stare at it? Here lemme smack her into bloody pulp.


I see fanfictions already :lol:
Tiddlyfisher
 

Re: Smacked Out of a Titan's Hand (Among Other Things)

Postby Accelevi » Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:07 pm

The Titan's hand would practically be a conductor, if I guess correctly, due to basically how it's more or less extremely not-dense. The shockwaves would go through still I think. At the very least, it would knock you unconscious, and that would still mean nothing, in the grand scheme of things.
Image

Sig courtesy of Zarythe <3

C A D E A U X
User avatar
Accelevi
« Administrator »
 
Posts: 13049
Joined: Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:59 pm

Re: Smacked Out of a Titan's Hand (Among Other Things)

Postby liala » Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:22 pm

Great story I feel like this sometimes, too. The last part made me laugh xD
To be honest I think the karate chop should be changed. Just doesn't make sense for me (not just because it gets me often).
It's alright that you can get killed by another Titan (could be improved though) in the grab in my opinion because every Titan wants to eat you.
liala
 

Next

Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron