Armin the Surprisingly OP Character?

( ̄ε(# ̄)☆╰╮Every thing about the game.o( ̄皿 ̄///)
- Made by Feng, title edited by Accelevi

Armin the Surprisingly OP Character?

Postby Tiddlyfisher » Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:03 am

I've been playing Armin quite a lot recently, and something I've noticed is that I get larger amounts of damage, and larger amounts of damage more consistently.

I get plenty of 600+ hits in a row, while with other characters it's mainly 400+ with the occasional 800+.

I actually got my highest hit of all time a few minutes ago with him.

Maybe it's just his weight being perfect for the 3DMG, since he is the "heaviest" in the game currently, he does better with momentum. Or maybe I have a strange string of luck with him.

His special is also great for those tiny titans that take forever to kill. Honestly they're the biggest challenge, which is painfully ironic. Except for when they're standing still!

When (if) his special gets buffed, it will be useful even on larger titans. Although, they're easy enough to take out, except for a cluster of runners.

Apart from Jean, I'd say Armin's the best pick, since all characters can get to the same speed using gas (as far as I know) anyway, the actual weight/speed of the character is irrelevant if you use gas regularly.

I'm talking about strictly SP in this thread.
Tiddlyfisher

Re: Armin the Surprisingly OP Character?

Postby Senpai » Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:22 am

I've honestly never heard anything about Armin having any dmg boost, over everyone else.
Levi still always gets the highest since he's the fastest, and best at everything, besides gas.

Just like everyone says, he needs a balance, I wish he would get more score if he hit a stunned titan./the usual buffs of stats/special.
Senpai

Postby Tiddlyfisher » Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:57 am

Senpai wrote:I've honestly never heard anything about Armin having any dmg boost, over everyone else.
Levi still always gets the highest since he's the fastest, and best at everything, besides gas.

Just like everyone says, he needs a balance, I wish he would get more score if he hit a stunned titan./the usual buffs of stats/special.

I didn't mean to imply he had any sort of damage boost, just that I myself am getting better damage with him.

I've seen 2,000+ on Armin before, dunno what the highest is on Levi, but 2,000 is very impressive to me.

I'd say no to a boost to damage on stunned titans, simply because that gives room for glitches to be abused. Less damage to blades would be a good one though.
Tiddlyfisher

Postby Doki » Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:05 am

Armin being slower means you are usually more aware of your surroundings, and the special can be a lifesaver in the right hands, and can even be used to kill titans if you make it hit right :^)
On the other hand, Armin could use a big buff, since being slower means he takes more gas to cover the same distance as other characters, and is often too slow to escape situations where faster characters would have no trouble getting out of, which just sucks. Hopefully Feng will buff Armin to have improved gas (makes more sense for him to have it then Jean, since he helped Marco fix his 3DMG, and also noticed Mikasa was wasting too much gas)and blade durability (being weak would use blades up slower i guess, lol).
Doki

Postby RancorSnp » Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:19 am

Armin is the best character there is. The only character that can kill a titan with one Kung-fu kick to the nape.

Played Armin since the new Titan models update - until the Female Titan update.
For some reason I feel like playing Attack char instead of support now, so I play Petra. The first Combat special in this game that came to my liking (Right after Armins kung-fu kick of course.)
RancorSnp

Postby Noodler » Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:20 pm

I actually find it really easy to get 2ks as Armin for some reason, although it takes really long to accelerate, so I don't know if he's actually favorable.
Noodler

Postby Miracle » Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:29 pm

Well, as an Armin user I could tell you being on 600+ damage is on the right track, though when I switched to other character I can get 800+ averagely. Also, you don't use your special on the small titans, they are usually the easiest to kill unless you are referring to small jumper (not sure if you are being sarcastic about it), you usually use your special as a joke or when there's too many titan where you are trying to take some load off your teammate while your teammate is busy finishing them.

Probably Armin's weight feels right because you don't need to turn your view or press the directional key usually against small titan when using sparrow alter or equator, which is usually a complicated thing to do when you are new to them.

Another problem with Armin is his slow acceleration. If you realize, all the equator movement relies on the acceleration of the character. When your acceleration is low, your equator movement around the titan's neck is much slower (a=v^2/r), or the radius of the equator became bigger (more calculation is involved, but it's basically about that), which both will affect a lot especially you are trying to do air equator (and especially in hard mode where the normal titan walk/turn faster), as they will turn before you had even finished your air equator.

Doki wrote:Armin being slower means you are usually more aware of your surroundings, and the special can be a lifesaver in the right hands, and can even be used to kill titans if you make it hit right :^)
On the other hand, Armin could use a big buff, since being slower means he takes more gas to cover the same distance as other characters, and is often too slow to escape situations where faster characters would have no trouble getting out of, which just sucks. Hopefully Feng will buff Armin to have improved gas (makes more sense for him to have it then Jean, since he helped Marco fix his 3DMG, and also noticed Mikasa was wasting too much gas)and blade durability (being weak would use blades up slower i guess, lol).

Yeah Doki, Armin is love.
Miracle

Postby Xedma » Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:35 pm

This apparent boost in damage stems from the laws of conservation of momentum. Because Armin is heavier than other characters, he is less likely to lose a lot of momentum in a collision. This means that he can relatively maintain his speed if he happens to scrape past a titans neck whereas others like Levi lose a lot of speed when brushing past a titan. There is no difference in damage when it comes to speed as only velocity is taken into consideration for damage, but Armin's mass is able to conserve his velocity better.
Xedma

Postby l4dkurts2 » Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:57 pm

Tiddlyfisher wrote:I've been playing Armin quite a lot recently, and something I've noticed is that I get larger amounts of damage, and larger amounts of damage more consistently.

I get plenty of 600+ hits in a row, while with other characters it's mainly 400+ with the occasional 800+.

I actually got my highest hit of all time a few minutes ago with him.

Maybe it's just his weight being perfect for the 3DMG, since he is the "heaviest" in the game currently, he does better with momentum. Or maybe I have a strange string of luck with him.

His special is also great for those tiny titans that take forever to kill. Honestly they're the biggest challenge, which is painfully ironic. Except for when they're standing still!

When (if) his special gets buffed, it will be useful even on larger titans. Although, they're easy enough to take out, except for a cluster of runners.

Apart from Jean, I'd say Armin's the best pick, since all characters can get to the same speed using gas (as far as I know) anyway, the actual weight/speed of the character is irrelevant if you use gas regularly.

I'm talking about strictly SP in this thread.

Glad you came and joined me in the Armin OP army o3o
l4dkurts2

Postby Accelevi » Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:41 pm

There are no intentional buffs.
Perhaps momentum thing.

Anyways, Armin does not need gas/blade buff pretty much at all.

Sig courtesy of Zarythe <3

C A D E A U X
Accelevi
« Administrator »

Next

Return to General Discussion