Armin the Surprisingly OP Character?

( ̄ε(# ̄)☆╰╮Every thing about the game.o( ̄皿 ̄///)
- Made by Feng, title edited by Accelevi

Re: Armin the Surprisingly OP Character?

Postby Senpai » Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:26 am

Get in the fucking Titan Armin.

Imusntrunaway
Spoiler:

There will never be enough eva

Yeah after playing with armin again I can see your guise point, I keep momentum, I never noticed it, because he's slow in the first place, I didn't notice myself not getting slower when i hit something :lol:
Senpai

Postby Miracle » Fri Mar 14, 2014 7:04 am

I do agree with the buff in gas/blade, or the special. Unless Armin's playstyle is to be changed, his speed/size shouldn't be touched or it would be difficult for Armin's player like us.
Miracle

Postby RancorSnp » Fri Mar 14, 2014 7:42 am

I actually disagree with any buffs for Armin. He already is a great character for Armin players. Why change him? Well he will most probably be changed anyways, because Feng was asking about our ideas of balancing chars. But keep in mind, he IS supposed to be one of the weakest from our characters. Not to mention, he never really killed any titan.

I say no to the buffs, Armin is already great as he is.
RancorSnp

Postby Tiddlyfisher » Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:56 am

RancorSnp wrote:I actually disagree with any buffs for Armin. He already is a great character for Armin players. Why change him? Well he will most probably be changed anyways, because Feng was asking about our ideas of balancing chars. But keep in mind, he IS supposed to be one of the weakest from our characters. Not to mention, he never really killed any titan.

2 things.

1. No.

2. Stop.

Armin desperately needs a buff to his special. Everything else is fine but his special. It needs range and duration. At least 70m and a stun of about 5 or so seconds. That would be enough for me.

Eren has never killed a titan outside of his titan form, and yet no one is saying Eren is suddenly a weak character.

Whether or not someone has killed a titan does not make them strong or weak. It takes an entire squad to take down a single titan in the series, can you really be surprised that he hasn't killed one?

I suppose he's physically weak compared to the others, but he is still strong enough to have become a solider.
Tiddlyfisher

Postby Noodler » Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:58 am

RancorSnp wrote:I actually disagree with any buffs for Armin. He already is a great character for Armin players. Why change him? Well he will most probably be changed anyways, because Feng was asking about our ideas of balancing chars. But keep in mind, he IS supposed to be one of the weakest from our characters. Not to mention, he never really killed any titan.

Why would you ruin the game for the sake of making it 100% cannon?
I don't see how Armin is "a great character" when he's pretty much the weakest character.
Noodler

Postby Doki » Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:39 am

Given that Armin's special is useless on both crawlers and bosses, I think it would be vital for Armin to get these buffs, I mean, at the way the characters are right now, there is no reason to pick anyone other then Jean (gas, good speed, free escape) and Levi (gottagofast+blade durability+levicopter). I mean, in a game where support is almost useless, why should Armin, and hell, Marco too, have such bad stats when compared to the more offensive characters? Hell if i still haven't convinced you that Armin should have more gas, please answer me: Why should Armin, who is going slow be using gas faster than Jean?
Doki

Postby Noodler » Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:50 am

What makes you think Marco has bad stats exactly?
His special is useful for mp too.
Noodler

Postby Tiddlyfisher » Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:53 am

Doki wrote:Given that Armin's special is useless on both crawlers and bosses, I think it would be vital for Armin to get these buffs, I mean, at the way the characters are right now, there is no reason to pick anyone other then Jean (gas, good speed, free escape) and Levi (gottagofast+blade durability+levicopter). I mean, in a game where support is almost useless, why should Armin, and hell, Marco too, have such bad stats when compared to the more offensive characters? Hell if i still haven't convinced you that Armin should have more gas, please answer me: Why should Armin, who is going slow be using gas faster than Jean?

While this is true, some people play characters just because they like them. Armin isn't very good when compared to Levi or Jean, sure, but I like his character a lot and so I enjoy playing as him. Same with Petra or Marco.

I agree that Armin should get a slight gas increase now that you mention it. Put him up to about 110%, maybe 115%, and it'd be fine with his special being buffed.

Also, @Noodler is right, Marco doesn't have bad stats. With the second largest blades, he is a great support type for multiplayer.
Tiddlyfisher

Postby Noodler » Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:03 pm

Marco's also pretty fast, seems to be right behind Jean.
Noodler

Postby Tiddlyfisher » Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:49 pm

Noodler wrote:Marco's also pretty fast, seems to be right behind Jean.

It seems Marco is behind Jean in quite a few ways....

I am trash please forgive me for making a Jean/Marco innuendo
Tiddlyfisher

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion