Realism vs Gameplay Features

( ̄ε(# ̄)☆╰╮Every thing about the game.o( ̄皿 ̄///)
- Made by Feng, title edited by Accelevi

Re: Realism vs Gameplay Features

Postby Noodler » Sat Mar 15, 2014 2:26 pm

Oh god no, I'd do like 1 air equator then get paralyzed by awesome overload resulting in my death
Noodler

Postby Connorhere » Sat Mar 15, 2014 2:38 pm

Hasn't this been suggested loads? Maybe not the overall thread, but definitely the things it includes seperately.

I agree with fall and collision damage, at the moment i feel guilty when i slam right into something and recieve no punishment, adding that handicap would give people more control over their 3DMG skills and lead them to be less reckless. People would also utilize their surroundings more so they don't plummet to their doom and instead remain airborn most of the time, also titan corpse hazard would be a nice touch. I'm alright with reloading blades on a wall, titan AI boost and randomized models. Everything else i'm against. Higher damage means a better cut, and so your blades had less trouble trying to cut the titan meat, crappy damage is the opposite so naturally your blades would dull. G-force sounds silly, i don't usually soar around at high speeds but if i did i wouldn't want to unexpectedly explode in the middle of the air, nobody has done so in the anime and i don't think the soldiers would be stupid enough to go that fast anyway. I don't care about the blade sizes, i think Feng has said he can't alter them since they're directly linked to the model size, it'd take extra work to resize the blades themselves and its not a big deal. Also limiting our maneuvers with the wire physics might be annoying, we need more not less.

@Doge your reasonings are terrible. To say no to randomized titan models because it takes time is stupid, you might as well shoot down every single suggestion because everything takes a lot of time. Besides Feng has been busy for nearly 2-3 months so thats not a huge stretch. The Titan AI is not "advanced enough", its laughable, we definitely need a boost. When characters reload on walls they're hooked to them, Mikasa did it once during the female titan arc. Also how do leather boots eliminate fall damage?
Connorhere

Postby Noodler » Sat Mar 15, 2014 2:51 pm

Doge just because you have some leather straps around you, it doesn't mean you can jump off cliffs.
Those are to diminish g force damage, it has nothing to do with falling, and won't help in case you do.
Noodler

Postby Annie Leonhardt » Sat Mar 15, 2014 3:02 pm

Baka Doge, now kill him.
Annie Leonhardt

Postby Accelevi » Sat Mar 15, 2014 3:39 pm

This thread.
I apologize, but it's so bad it's not even funny.

1. Blade damage would be inverse to damage done.
Mikasa's strike on the aberrant was messy, she herself acknowledged it, as far as I remember.
A fast, clean cut wouldn't get stuck, and the sharpness would be enough to let it slice through nicely.
Mess up/lose speed, and you don't have the force needed, or correct way, and thus you damage them more.
2. > No fall/collision damage
> *proceeds to smash into a rock wall at the speed of a freight train*
> *drifts down slowly*
Seems legit.
Death would be for faster speeds/more force, stun for less. No death means there's no incentive.
Stun isn't even a big incentive.
3. > Crushed by Titan's body
That can completely happen.
They may be pretty "hollow" for their size, but if they can crush rock or buildings, imagine one falling on you.
4. > Equal blade sizes
Not this discussion again. Even if you give them all equal blade sizes, their arm lengths are different, and thus their reach.
With this chibi scale, giving same blade lengths would just negate that.
The current system works fine.
5. > Titan AI boost
> "No. Reason: Don't you think it's advanced enough!?"
wat
wat
wat
It could be advanced lightyears without making it too strong.
6. Solid/tangible wire physics.
If this breaks some maneuvers, so be it. You shouldn't have been able to do them in the first place.
7. > G-forces
Not this argument again.
8. Every Titan should have more powerful moves/adaptive/can reach anywhere in their reach "sphere". Not boss-level, obviously, but scaled down, yes.
9. > proposing fall damage can be countered with leather boots
> falls from outer space
> wears leather boots
> walks away fine
10. Since when do the straps distribute falling force? It distributes g-force while maneuvering. lol

This thread made me die a little inside.

Sig courtesy of Zarythe <3

C A D E A U X
Accelevi
« Administrator »

Postby Connorhere » Sat Mar 15, 2014 3:51 pm

Confirmed that humanity's soldiers have Long Fall Boots from Portal.
Connorhere

Postby Weapioneer » Sat Mar 15, 2014 4:15 pm

Doge wrote:What I was saying is instead of leather boots, I mean don't you see those belts everywhere on them?
They put all of the falling weight on all parts of the body.

Well, speed does not kill people. Acceleration and deceleration kill people, and terminal velocity to null speed tends to result in a pile of jam, even if you had magic boots and strapping which reduce fall damage to zero. your muscles, no matter how developed, simply can't take such strain. What the hell are we talking about, this is SnK for crying out aloud. Since when could a small air powered turbine generate enough energy to reel a person even slowly. To hell with physics :/
Anyway, i disagree about the belts. The way that they are placed suggests that they are used for balancing when using your hooks
As in the lower part of the above image, when you fire your right hook, you put your weight on your left leg to compensate, and balance yourself. Otherwise, you are just going to be spinning head over heels like eren did when he was having his aptitude test XD Balance is also important for advanced maneuvers, such as changing direction while reeling, as demonstrated by jean.
Weapioneer

Postby Accelevi » Sat Mar 15, 2014 4:19 pm

Yes, it's for balancing as well as distributing G-force.

Sig courtesy of Zarythe <3

C A D E A U X
Accelevi
« Administrator »

Postby Connorhere » Sat Mar 15, 2014 4:29 pm

Shouldn't someone move this to Game Suggestions?
Connorhere

Postby Khally » Sat Mar 15, 2014 5:06 pm

Connorhere wrote:Shouldn't someone move this to Game Suggestions?

The thread isn't about suggesting new features, but to discuss the balance between realism and gameplay.
Personally, I think it's in the right section :) unless people hijack it with suggestions.
Khally

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion