Realism vs Gameplay Features

( ̄ε(# ̄)☆╰╮Every thing about the game.o( ̄皿 ̄///)
- Made by Feng, title edited by Accelevi

Re: Realism vs Gameplay Features

Postby Senpai » Sat Apr 05, 2014 8:46 pm

@ADD that's what I meant. so if you get thrown up gas burst down, to come down faster/safer. No gas busrt= wait till you come back down, hook on buildings, or wall to be safe again.

@Miracle, Well that seems laughably too high, it would be a dead feature. If we're going to have gas burst we need to make it so we can use it decently enough, and that it works what it is designed for, if not just don't have it all.
Senpai

Postby Accelevi » Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:09 pm

Yes, it would have a highly heavy cost.
And how would gas bursting down make you come down faster?
It would reduce your rmomentum going down, by firing down.
And you shouldn't be able to use it that much.
3 uses should be the max (1/3 of total gas per burst), if not more per burst.

Sig courtesy of Zarythe <3

C A D E A U X
Accelevi
« Administrator »

Postby Senpai » Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:53 pm

What? if something threw you up, then you gas burst down, wouldn't that help against the throw? so you don't get thrown too high?

anything below 2 is pretty bad,

>dodges deviant,
you now either have half gas tank, or need to go refill which make you probably die anyway

you'll essentially only be able to use it once before gas refill.
Senpai

Postby Miracle » Sat Apr 05, 2014 11:50 pm

Having a gas burst that can be used for non emergency movement will just defeat the purpose of this game, like I said, this is not a flight simulator. Using all your gas, bursting away to escape once or twice, then having to refill your gas is still acceptable though. I think twice is enough, as you should start escaping to the gas station for one usage of gas burst. The second one is for another emergency burst in case you are near to gas station and still in danger. Even then, it would make the game much easier as it's something like a Jean's escape that's refillable.

Why would you need to dodge deviant with gas burst anyway? It's easy enough to escape from titans with just normal hook and not even holding gas. Gas burst should be a desperate, last measure movement if it's ever implemented, or what's the point of the hook?

Edit: I didn't read about the hook getting grabbed part. But all you need to do is hook titan with only one hook everytime, and save the other hook in case you are thrown away.
Last edited by Miracle on Sat Apr 05, 2014 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Miracle

Postby Senpai » Sat Apr 05, 2014 11:58 pm

>assuming titan ai fills the need for needing moar gas burst.

your model would be terrific for now, but if titans had attacks made to grab people out the air stuff like that, then gas burst would probably merit a bit more uses

for manuvering/dodging.
Senpai

Postby Accelevi » Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:07 am

Oh I get it.
We're misunderstanding.
When I meant if you're thrown up, and I would gas burst down, I mean I would fire the gas downwards, so I would be pushed up.

C A D E A U X
Accelevi
« Administrator »

Postby Miracle » Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:38 am

Senpai wrote:>assuming titan ai fills the need for needing moar gas burst.

your model would be terrific for now, but if titans had attacks made to grab people out the air stuff like that, then gas burst would probably merit a bit more uses

for manuvering/dodging.

Gas burst is basically just another critical reeling (which already killed many technique not based on reeling) with no angle limit and cast time.

We don't really need a 100% escape survival emergency button which can be used multiple time, or aim at nape and burst2win technique. Reel2win already pretty much defeat the purpose of hook in the game.
Miracle

Postby Accelevi » Sun Apr 06, 2014 2:46 pm

Reel already basically asks for an AI boost, before gas burst should even slightly be considered.

C A D E A U X
Accelevi
« Administrator »

Postby Senpai » Sun Apr 06, 2014 7:26 pm

aiforreel
Reel is not using hooks, lolwut? >implying you can magically reel without hooks.
whether it's OP or not, I guess so, but the answer is simple. (grab hooks, titan movements can affect your momentum when they turn,)
that'll make it less accurate, and generally have people penduluming less, people have to use it faster, etc.

But I actually think it's not good that you need speed, and pendulum, since that's not accurate/ it's not as fun as it should be.

definitely reel out needs to be buffed, the reel out is at a snail's pace.

and who said gas burst would 100% escape you all the time? I thought it would be just like the ground dodge, it's very well balanced imo except that it has no limits
Senpai

Postby Accelevi » Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:10 pm

Defeats the purpose of hook as in regular movement.
Why move regularly when reel is so much better?
It is OP, so thus there should be a huge AI boost, drop accuracy of reel, reduce easiness, increase need for better timing.
After that, maybe reel would be balanced.
After that, you can add a massive load of AI moves that can counter air burst, meaning you have to time absolutely perfectly, etc, and then add in air burst, stuff like that.
Adding air burst and a regular amount of AI burst will just break it even further, at this point.

And reel is too easy, and gives way too much benefit, for absolutely no cost.

C A D E A U X
Accelevi
« Administrator »

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion