Realism vs Gameplay Features

( ̄ε(# ̄)☆╰╮Every thing about the game.o( ̄皿 ̄///)
- Made by Feng, title edited by Accelevi

Re: Realism vs Gameplay Features

Postby Senpai » Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:36 pm

titandeathfall
Wrong. Titans can only destroy buildings while they are alive. (I bet that made me sound like a baka)

But once they die they start disassembling their bodies into nothing, which if a titan realistically *their death fall time+deregenerating=not a lot of dmg*

The second the titan died, Hanji was able to kick it's head off, if it has enough time to fall on you, you'll only get hit with it's bones which at best will give you a bruise.

3DMG
@OP disappointed that you left out 3DMG gameplay improvements.
like recovery roll to negate fall damage to an extent, 3DMG boost, Throwing blades, reloading mid-air, etc.

Which honestly despite how realistic they may or may not be, I think we need them because the gameplay is getting kind of stale.

*looks at awesome anime 3DMG* *looks at AOTTG* The bad thing that would come off of types of things like that, that it'll make the gameplay overall easier, since you have more control over the 3DMG.

But we have dumb things like crawlers spinning like beyblades

Otherwise Add summed everything up.

The only thing we definitely can't have is G-force, everything else can be good, if done right.
Senpai

Postby Accelevi » Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:56 pm

Recovery roll wouldn't work in all scenarios. Like if you're dropping from the sky, whether you roll or not won't save you.
And in a theoretical situation you fall off a building or such, hooking to it at the last second should still kill or at least some harsh penalty.
If you want to get down safely, you're going to need to hook down carefully or at least in some better way than just hooking to the building just before you crash.

Also, when a Titan died, did you hear the crash it makes in the anime? They don't disappear that fast.

Sig courtesy of Zarythe <3

C A D E A U X
Accelevi
« Administrator »

Postby Senpai » Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:02 pm

@Add definitely I was going to mention that about recovery roll, but there's already some threads on that.

Sound /=/ weight. They might still have skin on them, but the only weight you'll feel is the bones.

*Titans can only be cut with the two sharpest blades in the universe* *titan's head gets kicked off by a human*

Spoiler:
force of blades= 2918u434u2o342342348 , force of kick= LOL

Their dead bodies can't be heavy enough to kill someone, if their head can be kicked off

Manga
Dead titan fell on jean, he's still alive.

Anyway as a gameplay feature to have a dead titan kill you be falling, that'd be annoying,frustrating, etc. imo.
Senpai

Postby shaun45451 » Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:12 pm

The nape damage=blade damage seems like a good alternative to the nape health suggestionthat everyone and their mother has suggested.
shaun45451

Postby Connorhere » Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:43 pm

I don't think Hanji just kicked the Titan's head off its shoulders, didn't she cut if off before kicking it? Don't quote me on that i'm not 100%. Also i'm pretty sure if a titan fell on you theres no way you'd be in fit condition to keep moving if you were still alive, they also don't evaporate that quickly upon death. I mean, wouldn't that mean the aberrant bellyflops wouldn't do anything? You could argue that they jump and recieve more momentum before impact but the general fall of a very large titan must be close.
Connorhere

Postby Senpai » Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:57 pm

@conner

chapter50

You can see a titan being thrown, falls on jean, armin pulls him out.

dead titan bodies even when they're thrown will at most knock you out.

so yeah I think I proved that pretty wrong, but either way even if it could I would still be against it, because the titans only fall in one way/fall really fast.

it would be terrible to die from dead titan bodies right now, and even if their animations got better it would just be annoying.

>impossible to cut a titan's head while alive. kicking off titan's head once they are dead is possible
Senpai

Postby Accelevi » Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:17 pm

Nape health would also be pretty necessary.

C A D E A U X
Accelevi
« Administrator »

Postby Connorhere » Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:23 pm

Oh i see, still Jean was unconscious after that and probably injured quite a bit. That scene was kinda cute, with Armin holding Jean and backing away from the titans into a tree.
Connorhere

Postby Accelevi » Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:26 pm

> unconscious
That's basically as good as dead.

C A D E A U X
Accelevi
« Administrator »

Postby Senpai » Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:34 pm

Arise made a thread on nape health, it was really good how he made it scale on difficulty.

The titan was thrown=stun, if a titan falls on you=no stun.

that's basically what we have now, and imo shouldn't be changed.
Senpai

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion