Realism vs Gameplay Features

( ̄ε(# ̄)☆╰╮Every thing about the game.o( ̄皿 ̄///)
- Made by Feng, title edited by Accelevi

Re: Realism vs Gameplay Features

Postby Accelevi » Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:45 pm

Ender, don't post that sort of stuff here.
This isn't a changes thread. It's a discussion.

Since when do Titans get thrown?
And thrown should = death, since I really don't see the point of being knocked unconscious and not doing anything, which is practically being dead.

Also, anything over 8m falling on you would be death, anything less would be stun/trapped.

Sig courtesy of Zarythe <3

C A D E A U X
Accelevi
« Administrator »

Postby Weapioneer » Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:45 pm

Senpai wrote:
titandeathfall
Wrong. Titans can only destroy buildings while they are alive. (I bet that made me sound like a baka)

But once they die they start disassembling their bodies into nothing, which if a titan realistically *their death fall time+deregenerating=not a lot of dmg*

The second the titan died, Hanji was able to kick it's head off, if it has enough time to fall on you, you'll only get hit with it's bones which at best will give you a bruise.

3DMG
@OP disappointed that you left out 3DMG gameplay improvements.
like recovery roll to negate fall damage to an extent, 3DMG boost, Throwing blades, reloading mid-air, etc.

Which honestly despite how realistic they may or may not be, I think we need them because the gameplay is getting kind of stale.

*looks at awesome anime 3DMG* *looks at AOTTG* The bad thing that would come off of types of things like that, that it'll make the gameplay overall easier, since you have more control over the 3DMG.

But we have dumb things like crawlers spinning like beyblades

Otherwise Add summed everything up.

The only thing we definitely can't have is G-force, everything else can be good, if done right.

well, thinking about it, gforce was certainly a bit stupid. However, your 3dmg gear improvements maybe a little bad for both realism and gameplay. people already spoke about the recovery roll, it may work for parkour, but hardly anywhere else. Also, throwing blades would be a levi only feature, since i think he was the only one who did it. This doesn't mean he is the only one who can do this, but i don't remember any other character doing so. This would be abused the heck out of, since you can just run around chucking your blades at the titans. Also, I don't remember any character managing to reload in air, which makes sense, considering that the controls need to be operated with speed and reflexes, you won't want to accidently trigger your hook and smack into the ground instead of just stopping on a building(or titan's head :3) and just reloading your blades.
Weapioneer

Postby Accelevi » Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:48 pm

Throwing blades is completely pointless.
And air reload would take 1.5x longer than regular reload, and if you hit anything to interrupt the animation, you break your blades (-1), and you will have no blades in your hands (meaning you still have to reload again).

C A D E A U X
Accelevi
« Administrator »

Postby Senpai » Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:52 pm

@Add
but it's not, I just proved it with a manga chapter, the titan in it was thrown, and a certain someone didn't die, only knocked out.

If a titan falls on you, nothing will happen other than become trapped for a while.
just like in the game.

@Weapioneer

Well I didn't mean all those features to just be thrown in, maybe specials or something? IDK, I just want them in the game somehow is what I was trying to say.
Senpai

Postby Accelevi » Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:53 pm

Well being trapped could work, but if a giant one falls on you, you're not going to be perfectly fine.
And being thrown would knock you out, meaning, unconscious.
Unconscious means you can't move or think or whatever.
Meaning, you're as good as dead, in a place surrounded by Titans.

C A D E A U X
Accelevi
« Administrator »

Postby Weapioneer » Sun Mar 16, 2014 12:07 am

Senpai wrote:@Add
but it's not, I just proved it with a manga chapter, the titan in it was thrown, and a certain someone didn't die, only knocked out.

If a titan falls on you, nothing will happen other than become trapped for a while.
just like in the game.

@Weapioneer

Well I didn't mean all those features to just be thrown in, maybe specials or something? IDK, I just want them in the game somehow is what I was trying to say.

as a guy who wastes gas faster than a depressed mikasa, i generally never notice my blade's durability unless i decide to play as petra, and many times i managed to execute a good strike before noticing that i didn't have any blades on my handles XD
Reloading in the air would be nice, as would chucking blades, but that takes away the challenge of reloading your blades, such as during an annie boss fight where you have to get on a tree to reload your blades after slicing her.
Weapioneer

Postby bellick » Sun Mar 16, 2014 1:10 am

Weapioneer wrote:

just like in the game.

@Weapioneer

as a guy who wastes gas faster than a depressed mikasa, i generally never notice my blade's durability unless i decide to play as petra, and many times i managed to execute a good strike before noticing that i didn't have any blades on my handles XD
Reloading in the air would be nice, as would chucking blades, but that takes away the challenge of reloading your blades, such as during an annie boss fight where you have to get on a tree to reload your blades after slicing her.

Explain to me again what exactly is the challenge of safely going up a tree and reloading far away from annie's reach? If anything, it's just an obnoxious but necessary pause in the game's rhythm, something you would definitely not have if annie knew what to do with trees, instead of running endlessly towards them and getting stuck in low branches.
bellick

Postby Weapioneer » Sun Mar 16, 2014 1:28 am

bellick wrote:
Weapioneer wrote:

just like in the game.

@Weapioneer

Explain to me again what exactly is the challenge of safely going up a tree and reloading far away from annie's reach? If anything, it's just an obnoxious but necessary pause in the game's rhythm, something you would definitely not have if annie knew what to do with trees, instead of running endlessly towards them and getting stuck in low branches.

well, not really a challenge, but more of something to slow the person down. I would like air reload, but i don't think it is canon. If it is, i would be happy to be proven wrong.
Weapioneer

Postby shaun45451 » Sun Mar 16, 2014 1:42 am

Squad Levi vs.Female Titan. Eldo, Petra, and Oluo reloaded blades mid-air during their "We've fucking GOT THIS!" speech
shaun45451

Postby Weapioneer » Sun Mar 16, 2014 2:00 am

shaun45451 wrote:Squad Levi vs.Female Titan. Eldo, Petra, and Oluo reloaded blades mid-air during their "We've fucking GOT THIS!" speech

SPOILERS ALERT
Wait, was this during the levi's squad gets pasted by annie scene? I just went through it again,(got punched in the feels when petra died T_T) but I did not see them reloading their blades. Did this happen in the anime version? I only read the manga.
Weapioneer

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion