What was your first Technique?

( ̄ε(# ̄)☆╰╮Every thing about the game.o( ̄皿 ̄///)
- Made by Feng, title edited by Accelevi

Re: What was your first Technique?

Postby Yoko » Sat Apr 05, 2014 3:33 am

Free Form Vector was my first technique.
Yoko

Postby Nxt » Sat Apr 05, 2014 5:03 am

Ability to kill titans from any angle/position(might not be a technique, just skill).
Swing from bottom to titan's nape.(like what consti do in his old videos.)
Mid air DFA.
Sparrow.
Air equator.
Equator from ground.
Basic reel.
Basic vector.( for abnormal titans only)
Reel equator(improving, trying to master it before I quit).

This is my skill set but i don't do sparrow anymore.
My main is air equator and I don't depend too much in reeling or vector, that's how I play.
Nxt

Postby Doki » Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:50 am

First i followed the great advice of the ancients to 'git gud'. After that it was mostly just watching better players play after dying and try and learn their moves so you could do better next try. Honestly, most of the times these techniques just come naturally after a while of playing so i find it a bit silly to name all of them. Only thing i would call a proper technique is good ol' equator cut, which is by far the most vital technique to master in the game, as it can make short work of almost all totons. Most of the game is really just learning its physics until they become second nature though, so i think learning how to manipulate your character in mid-air, and control his trajectory in the game is the biggest skill of all.
Doki

Postby TreeRover » Sat Apr 05, 2014 2:17 pm

My very first technique i ever learned, was probably the 2 hook equator, hooking onto the head, then hooking onto the shoulder and strike. I still use this amazing technique to this day.
TreeRover

Postby Pentakill » Sat Apr 05, 2014 2:30 pm

Doki wrote:First i followed the great advice of the ancients to 'git gud'. After that it was mostly just watching better players play after dying and try and learn their moves so you could do better next try. Honestly, most of the times these techniques just come naturally after a while of playing so i find it a bit silly to name all of them. Only thing i would call a proper technique is good ol' equator cut, which is by far the most vital technique to master in the game, as it can make short work of almost all totons. Most of the game is really just learning its physics until they become second nature though, so i think learning how to manipulate your character in mid-air, and control his trajectory in the game is the biggest skill of all.

Yeah it does naturally that's what I thought too. Learning how to move is the first thing i would recommend newbies rather than slashing the shit out of titans.
Pentakill

Postby Z.E.D » Sat Apr 05, 2014 2:41 pm

Equator cut
Z.E.D

Postby Miracle » Sat Apr 05, 2014 7:29 pm

I would recommend most starter to learn technique first though. By mastering different technique one can learn how to control their 3dmg, and eventually he doesn't need to rely on those technique anymore. Not everyone is talented to learn the 3dmg on their own (I know that the best player usually learn on their own, but I have seen more player struggling forever, stuck on beginner level because they refuse to learn any technique).
Miracle

Postby Pentakill » Sat Apr 05, 2014 11:26 pm

Miracle wrote:I would recommend most starter to learn technique first though. By mastering different technique one can learn how to control their 3dmg, and eventually he doesn't need to rely on those technique anymore. Not everyone is talented to learn the 3dmg on their own (I know that the best player usually learn on their own, but I have seen more player struggling forever, stuck on beginner level because they refuse to learn any technique).

I do see your point. I hosted a server for a beginner in the AOT-XAN network. He told me that I use a lot of gas. He barely used it at all. So I taught him how to swing around a tree by just jumping with shif "gas" to the right or left and the hook to the tree etc. . He kinda got the hang out of it and I told him that gas makes you able to learn the basic techniques and greatly improves momentum when swinging around. I then told him that he should start with equator cut, because it is one of the easiest to being with and it is efficient.
Pentakill

Postby zheopotato » Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:33 am

I dont quite remember even if I've only been playing for a month+ :lol: :lol: but i think it goes like. . .

Back attack (you know. . you let the titan attack, go from a distance from his back while still on the ground and then hook onto the nape :lol: )
DFA
2 hook equator
Full cut
Hydra Strike
Vector Slash and alter
Traditional Cut
Sparrow strike and alter

I learned some of these techniques by accident through freeform kills :lol:
zheopotato

Postby Sylvy » Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:19 pm

zheopotato wrote:I dont quite remember even if I've only been playing for a month+ :lol: :lol: but i think it goes like. . .

Back attack (you know. . you let the titan attack, go from a distance from his back while still on the ground and then hook onto the nape :lol: )
DFA
2 hook equator
Full cut
Hydra Strike
Vector Slash and alter
Traditional Cut
Sparrow strike and alter

I learned some of these techniques by accident through freeform kills :lol:

If you've only been playing for a month and can do all of those, that's pretty good :)
Sylvy

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion