Play Style - Who do you look up to?

( ̄ε(# ̄)☆╰╮Every thing about the game.o( ̄皿 ̄///)
- Made by Feng, title edited by Accelevi

Play Style - Who do you look up to?

Postby Sylvy » Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:08 pm

So I've been playing a long time and I've come across soo many people with soo many different play styles. If there's one thing I've realized, it's that no matter how good you get, there's people out there just as good or, through time, will eventually be just as good as you are.

No matter how good you are, there's always someone that you look up to or love competing against. Whether it's damage, skill, or just overall.

THIS IS NOT TO BE A DISCUSSION OF WHO IS BETTER THAN ANOTHER PERSON. We already have a thread for that although it might be super duper old and way back in history by now. This thread is just to name some of those individuals who's play style just really impresses you. People you want to just say "hey, props man..." to. Maybe people you look up to or used to look up to. Maybe people who aren't too popular to the public, but you think deserve recognition.

My list:
Riv -ToL, this kid is one of my favorite people to play with. His competitive nature makes him fun to play with. It's great fun trying to keep up with him.
Sole -A random brotha from anotha motha. My freeflying twin. A natural at 3d maneuvering. One of the funnest player to watch. He does weird stuff and still gets kills.
Tethys -Never fails to impress even with latency issues. It's funny knowing how badly he lags, yet seeing him get more kills than pretty much everyone in the server. Seen him play on his server once, He's definitely up there with the best.
Shirosaki -Played with him on random servers. This dude is fast. He kills just as fast as I do, if not faster, hardly ever touching the ground.
Gun -Haven't played with her in a long time, but when she put her shades on, her speed and precision increased 10x! Also the first person that ever impressed me with reeling.
Tornado Levi -The speed is absolutely incredible in this one. Very nice guy and a fun person to play with!
Tinyweed -Haven't played with him in forever it seems, but I used to really dig his smooth kills. One of the first people I saw do air equators and at the time it was the most impressive thing I'd ever seen.
Cryziesx -Only seen him play one time, months ago before the graphics update and the introduction of reel. I was super impressed with his skillful air control and quick kills in abnormal city.
Le Trio~ -Honestly... 3 of my favorite people on Aottg. All fast. All good at dmg. All around fantastic players. Would probably have quit aottg months ago if I hadn't seen their youtube video....

Of course, there's more people that I'd put on my list.... but I don't want to make my list too long haha. It's already pretty long it seems x.x!

I look forward to seeing who you guys put down!
Last edited by Sylvy on Sun Nov 16, 2014 2:02 am, edited 5 times in total.
Sylvy

Re: Play Style - Who do you look up to?

Postby Noodler » Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:25 pm

This run makes me wet to this day.
I don't care if there aren't any crawlers, he did this bloody ages ago which is more impressive for obvious reasons, not to mention he didn't (couldn't) reel at all. I have absolutely no idea how Cryz even managed this under those circumstances
Noodler

Postby Sylvy » Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:32 pm

Agreed.

I've met a lot of people that said they'd refuse to reel (including myself) but he seems to be the only person that legit refuses to reel till this day hahah. He'll always be an old school legend in my book.

Idk if it's purposeful, but I like how he positions his kills so that short jumper can't reach him after he kills a taller ab.
Sylvy

Postby Miracle » Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:47 pm

It would be Kuma, Constipation, and Alai from China for me.

Kuma - The first that introduced air equator as a proper technique (before that it's more on luck). He is looked up by many China player since I introduced his video there.
Alai - The first that mastered air equator in China (after the theory of the technique is proposed). 58 seconds in forest normal and hard speedrun, 88 seconds in forest abnormal speedrun. Retired.
Constipation - The one that introduced air equator to most player with his 88 kills in 10 minutes video I guess. Also, his 102 kills with Jean and 95 kills with Armin in 10 minutes are simply amazing. A pure demonstration of speed, stability, and efficiency.

For older player, it would be still Constipation and Bright Sky (皓天) from China for me.
Bright Sky - 329 in OL1 without reel is crazy.

Constipation - His OL2 speedrun introduced air movement to me, before reeling even came out.
Miracle

Postby TOMANITY » Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:21 pm

for me it would be snk tailex.
I just love his kills, especially this video:
TOMANITY

Postby Noodler » Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:25 pm

Sylvy wrote:Agreed.

I've met a lot of people that said they'd refuse to reel (including myself) but he seems to be the only person that legit refuses to reel till this day hahah. He'll always be an old school legend in my book.

Idk if it's purposeful, but I like how he positions his kills so that short jumper can't reach him after he kills a taller ab.

It's extremely useful, much safer than trying to kill the small fuckers first.
I use this a lot when facing big and small abs in combination.
Noodler

Postby Mryaccer » Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:30 pm

probably Kuma, Consti and Endo.

Kuma- Very fluent style, good at air combat
Consti- Fast, fluent got momentum. Also the best in air combat in my opinion.
Endo- Speedruns are his specialty. He's fast.
Mryaccer

Postby Noodler » Thu Apr 10, 2014 3:00 pm

Endo might be better or equal with Consti at air combat, he just flies around and fucks everything including me
Noodler

Postby Levvuny » Thu Apr 10, 2014 3:18 pm

Hmm... My list would be huge, since I look up to a lot of people in this game... so I'll just do a few.

Petrafied - Super good, doesn't even play much and can still cream me.

HollowedSaber - Also super cool, and makes cool videos. :p

Iskandar - Makes cool gifs, and is just a good player.

Zeb - Dang he's fast.

Pretty much anyone in my guild - Even if they aren't the best, they try, and I mean, that's something I look up to.
Levvuny

Postby Sylvy » Thu Apr 10, 2014 3:31 pm

TOMANITY wrote:for me it would be snk tailex.

He's great ^.^

I used to play with kuma regularly when Khally used to host public servers almost every day. I can see why he's on a a lot of lists. XD He's very fluid and maneuvers very well. Also, he's a nice guy XD

Petrafied is awesome. Fun dude to play with as well. I believe I played with him last week? Even though he was lagging, he was getting some sweet kills.

I've seen his runs in the gallery I believe, but I have yet to bump into Endo yet XD
Sylvy

Next

Return to General Discussion