Pro or No?

( ̄ε(# ̄)☆╰╮Every thing about the game.o( ̄皿 ̄///)
- Made by Feng, title edited by Accelevi

Pro or No?

Postby Final Divide » Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:43 pm

I just remembered a conversation I had a long time ago on an Annie server.

I came in and in a joking manner I dictated myself as being a pro.
Another guy said I was lying and that no one is pro at Attack on Titan.
After some arguing he said challenged me to hit Annie's nape for 1000 damage twice in under 60 seconds without hitting her ankle.
I called that as being ludicrous and stated that being pro is toward being efficient and not taking too many risks. Levi didn't just go straight for her mouth in the anime. He weakened Annie and then went for Eren. Compared to the soldiers who were insta-killed by Annie, I'd say there is an obvious skill difference.
He said I was just afraid and stated that everyone was just average at the game.

So here's my question. What is pro? Is there even pro? Is there a differentiation between someone who can beat Oldlevel2 hard in under 125 seconds and someone who takes 300 seconds?

Also what are your pros and cons for characters, who's harder to main, et cetera.
Last edited by Final Divide on Sun Apr 27, 2014 2:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Final Divide

Re: Pro or No?

Postby Chugleader » Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:03 pm

Pro iz if u r lk mi
There is pro in this game(and i don't think that's Cryziesx no hate plz) and it means to be efficient and having high KDR.
Oh god i really suck at making posts in general discussions...
Chugleader

Postby Khally » Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:34 pm

If we accept the terminology "pro" for the top 0,5% of the playerbase in a certain game, then sure. There are pros. And with a bit of common sense, I think most people can judge other's skills rather nicely. There are no set rules for "being an expert", of course, but mastering one part of the game (such as speedruns or Annie) alone would certainly not qualify someone as an expert at the game.
Khally

Postby Noodler » Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:52 pm

Chugleader wrote:Pro iz if u r lk mi
There is pro in this game(and i don't think that's Cryziesx no hate plz) and it means to be efficient and having high KDR.

Kd doesn't mean anything at all imo.
Look at Tailex, he's dying left and right, yet he pulls off shit I don't see anyone else do.
Noodler

Postby Levvuny » Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:05 am

Noodler wrote:
Chugleader wrote:Pro iz if u r lk mi

Kd doesn't mean anything at all imo.
Look at Tailex, he's dying left and right, yet he pulls off shit I don't see anyone else do.

Kd can mean something if the person who does it cares about it, and so can speed, damage, smoothness... It really is up to the person what pro is.
Levvuny

Postby Annie Leonhardt » Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:20 am

I think being a pro means moving smooth and striking hard at the same time, since you need to know how to control speed for high damage.
Annie Leonhardt

Postby Accelevi » Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:10 am

High KDR + Smooth/Fluidity/Speed
That would be my general idea.

Sig courtesy of Zarythe <3

C A D E A U X
Accelevi
« Administrator »

Postby Innti » Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:37 am

I'm sure true pro players never feel pro, because they would constantly think they need to get better.
So a true pro player would never stop trying to better themselves. The instant they stop they stop being pro, since they will lose what they have played hours upon hours for.
Innti

Postby Accelevi » Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:01 am

Most truly pro players I know don't brag, and those who do, they're just arrogant fucks.

Sig courtesy of Zarythe <3

C A D E A U X
Accelevi
« Administrator »

Postby Final Divide » Sun Apr 20, 2014 3:48 am

Add wrote:Most truly pro players I know don't brag, and those who do, they're just arrogant fucks.
"
In a joking manner"
I'm far from being pro anyway.

If we could make a working formula for one's skill level, that'd be great.

In my eyes, a living soldier is better than a dead soldier, however a living soldier who is unwilling to fight is worse than a dead soldier.
Final Divide

Next

Return to General Discussion