Pro or No?

( ̄ε(# ̄)☆╰╮Every thing about the game.o( ̄皿 ̄///)
- Made by Feng, title edited by Accelevi

Re: Pro or No?

Postby Thirdkazekage » Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:22 am

If pro meaning Professional, then I guess no one here is pro, no one here plays this game professionally xD
I guess the other meaning "pro" you are trying to say (for me) is high KDR, smooth kills, high damages here and there, you know, all those fun stuff :lol:
Thirdkazekage

Postby masterchiefr75 » Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:34 pm

I think that people can be pro in some areas, but not others. For example: I hit 1500 point kills often, but I simply can't beat single player forest in under 200 seconds (on hard).

Edit: Some people can also be pro at certain techniques but suck at others. I have a friend that nails perfect DFAs every time and often beats me in pure kill count and average damage with only them, but he can't do Hydras or any sort of equator to save his life.
masterchiefr75

Postby Doki » Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:46 pm

KDR is pretty bullshit since you can get the short end of the stick and respawn just to get jumped by an abnormal immediately after. Besides, anyone who plays Jean has a huge advantage in game over someone playing another character, since the free-escape can mean one less death in their KDR, + Jean's perfect speed for moving around compared to Levi's which is hard to control. There's also the fact that some people have much higher ping than others based on where they live, which can lead to desynching often. If you really think you can compare the skill of a guy playing Jean living in the US east coast in a US east coast server to a guy playing Armin living in New Zealand in the same server simply based on their KDR and how fast they are killing titans, i think you need to reconsider some things first.
Doki

Postby Vandelay » Mon Apr 21, 2014 1:07 am

I thought I was getting pretty good at the game when I could beat hard difficulty levels about half the time. Then I came on the forums and saw people doing way crazier things than me, like soloing annie.
I think you can be pro either in consistently getting kills, or taking risk but getting high scores. I usually play it safe but it's cool seeing people getting high scores.
Vandelay

Postby Ghosthunter » Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:58 am

Here's a thought.Why not just enjoy the game and have fun?
Ghosthunter

Postby Doki » Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:41 am

Ghosthunter wrote:Here's a thought.Why not just enjoy the game and have fun?

What. Are you implying games are made to have fun playing with? Wow, what a weirdo. Sarcasm aside I agree, I think it's unproductive to care about how good you are. In the end, it's all about enjoying this Chinese browser game to the fullest. Besides, we all know the only pro players are the ones who main Armin. :^)
Doki

Postby Miracle » Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:05 am

Doki wrote:
Ghosthunter wrote:Here's a thought.Why not just enjoy the game and have fun?

What. Are you implying games are made to have fun playing with? Wow, what a weirdo. Sarcasm aside I agree, I think it's unproductive to care about how good you are. In the end, it's all about enjoying this Chinese browser game to the fullest. Besides, we all know the only pro players are the ones who main Armin. :^)

High five Doki. Armin forever.
Miracle

Postby sexyheichou » Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:20 am

I wouldn't call myself a pro, but i'm pretty decent. I think there are 4 general skill levels though.
Average
Pro
Cryziesx
sexyheichou

Postby Noodler » Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:55 pm

No, no, no, sir.

Average
Good
Pro
Endogenesis
Noodler

Postby Sylvy » Mon Apr 21, 2014 1:30 pm

There's way too many ways to be considered a pro that the term is used very loosely in this game, no offence, but mainly by average players with big egos, talking about themselves.

This reminds me of the quote "Beauty lies in the eye of the beholder"

Same concept. This game/ your play style/ who you think is pro is really all up to you and nobody else.
Sylvy

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion